• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Forkball

A bunch of goddamn stalkers on this board.

If the update doesn't come today I will trade someone a hat. However, whoever takes this offer has to trade me a hat if the update hits today.

WHO'S FEELING LUCKY?

OMG Aero

If the update doesn't come today I will trade someone a hat. However, whoever takes this offer has to trade me a hat if the update hits today.

WHO'S FEELING LUCKY?
Does an uncraftable hat count?
If so add me to the list too.

Proven

WHO'S FEELING LUCKY?
me too

Steve was first so he will be the one to give me a hat.
damn

Pyro needs to have his role more rigidly defined. Make him the designated debuffer or the designated close range class. Right now other classes beat him at both. The shotgun has higher DPS than the current flamethrower, which is just terrible.

Also, nerf heavy.
I agree with everything here except for the bolded. I'm honestly fine with Heavy being seen as the dominant class, especially for the sake of new players. Then again, I'd pretty much be fine with Heavy, Soldier, or Pyro being the strongest classes. I prefer the most direct combat characters take the forefront in a game like this.

Yeef

I agree with everything here except for the bolded. I'm honestly fine with Heavy being seen as the dominant class, especially for the sake of new players. Then again, I'd pretty much be fine with Heavy, Soldier, or Pyro being the strongest classes. I prefer the most direct combat characters take the forefront in a game like this.
Problem with heavy isn't just that he's too strong. It's that his strength isn't scaled to player skill. Even a bad heavy (like me) can do well as heavy. I'd argue that Demoman is stronger than Heavy, but it takes a good amount of skill to get to that level. I consider myself an awful heavy, yet when I do play Heavy I generally go 3:1 or better and I usually play with a sub-optimal loadout (shotgun instead of sandvich, GRU that I never actually bother to take out, etc.).

Also, we've had this conversation at least seventy-four times at this point. So I won't bother to reply after this, except with nonsense.

Heavy is fine in every gametype that is not Payload.

Pyro just needs buffs all around. Either a range buff, speed buff, damage buff, or some combination thereof.

Forkball

BLOG POST

aus_xmas_2.jpg

As strongly implied in yesterday's educational Australian Christmas comic, Dr. Grordbort has once again landed a steam-powered rocket directly into the gravelly fields of the TF2niverse. Only this time the rocket's a little roomier, and has arrived bearing gifts for two classes, the Engineer and the Pyro.

Click here for Part One of our Australian Christmas Update Announcement, and don’t forget to check back tomorrow for Announcement Part Two and, more importantly, the update itself.

Just because the update’s coming tomorrow doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be playing RIGHT NOW, because guess what: Double drop rates start tonight! They’re only around until next Wednesday, so get in there and take advantage of all the double dropping!

http://www.teamfortress.com/australianchristmas2011/

PYRO WEAPONS
ENGY WEAPONS
NEW MAP
ONLY DAY 1

Blizzard

Banned
Holy cow at the engineer wrench. That seems super powerful, but hey spies are evil anyway.

I wonder if the engineer gun will use metal instead of ammo? If not, then I guess it's fun for trolling medics and spy-checking. I wonder if it works if you hit the medic's target instead of the medic.

The flamethrower sounds fun but without airblasts I don't know how it will work out. Maybe the idea is to use it with the manmelter so you can still extinguish teammates. What's the point of the axe? Hit a heavy to try to kill his medic, something like that?

Wait, what is the downside of the Pomson? Does it just not do any regular damage at all?

And the new Pyro flamethrower looks pretty cool. Seems like a valid replacement for the Backburner, but doesn't replace the Degreaser.

Also, super stoked for double drops. I'm idling 2 accounts tonight anyway. The item servers are going to be hammered tomorrow.

Forkball

Wait, what is the downside of the Pomson? Does it just not do any regular damage at all?

And the new Pyro flamethrower looks pretty cool. Seems like a valid replacement for the Backburner, but doesn't replace the Degreaser.

Not sure. It could do shit damage or have a limited clip (similar to the Soldier laser). The stats for all the weapons are pretty odd, so let's see how they work in a game.

And Engy can teleport to spawn... my god.

Also, the page hints at other Christmas items. Look at the image at the top and you see these community items:

Hunter cap (I think it's all class)
Scout wrapping bat
Pyro bells
Heavy mittens
Spy icicle

Can't tell what that green thing is, and there might be a new minigun in the background.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Double Drops, huh?

Guess I'm playing, then.

EDIT: This goddamn server is always goddamn full. Every player better be from GAF.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh, I just realized that you probably can't carry or move buildings at ALL if you teleport to spawn. I guess that's at least a bit of downside.

Yeef

Third degree sounds pretty awesome. Much like the medic melee weapons, it seems to be a straight upgrade from the Fire Axe. Still, getting a luck crit swing on a patient and killing him AND his medic sounds pretty awesome.

New flamethrower could be really good if it doesn't build charge too slowly. Could work well with the detonator if it builds quickly enough.

Pyro pistol could be really interesting depending on how much damage it does and how it shoots.

I'm on the fence about the engineer gun. Seems like it could be really good against the dead ringer, but other than that I'm not sure it's so useful. Especially if it deals no damage. Wrench seems pretty useless to me by itself. I can see how it could be useful with the new gun though. Build your nest near spawn. Ninja around and shoot the enemy medics a few times then, when you'r eattacked, warp back to spawn. You've delayed their uber and lost nothing in the process.

Tenck

Not really feeling the Pyro melee weapon. If I hit someone, their healing target will know the moment his medic is in danger. I want to be able to be an asshole and take them both by surprise. Luckily I still have the fire Axe!!

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not getting point behind the Engie wrench. Is it to just deal with people taking out teleporter entrances?
That's presumably the idea, plus it presumably allows an engineer to save another engineer's teleporter even if he's in the middle of the map if the other engineer dies.

One key thing is that spies can sap and damage teleporters faster than you can repair, so even if you save the exit, the entrance may be gone and your only option is to suicide and wait for the 20 second respawn, or spend 20-30 seconds walking back to spawn to rebuild it. This would just save you that time.

It could also be nice for getting out of danger as Yeefbear points out, depending on how long the teleport chargeup takes. It could be a 40-second teleport animation, rendering all of our points invalid!

KarmaCow

Oh right, I usually play on heathen servers with <10 second respawn times. I guess that makes sense, but I'd still rather use the gunslinger in that case.

Yeef

Oh right, I usually play on heathen servers with <10 second respawn times. I guess that makes sense, but I'd still rather use the gunslinger in that case.
Gunslinger is a completely different style from regular engineer. They're barely even the same class.

Top Bottom