• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Also that shotgun that does (mini?)crits in air. Uhh. Forget the name.
reserve shooter (which adds the weapon switch buff which is lightning fast with degreasers buff).

I havent played all week, busy xmas shopping and all. but ill play tonight right after update if you guys are on (i get shitty drops so i dont wanna waste any pre update).

FUKYEAH@ double drop....now ill get 20 pain trains this week instead of 10 per account

Yeef

Gold Rush and Hoodoo are just a payload version of Dustbowl.

And, I've said this many times, but Dustbowl is the worst map in the game. Even worse than 2fort or Hydro.

Tenck

I don't get why people love the Degreaser so much. It does less damage on after-burn and its only pro is faster weapon switch...

I guess if you have the Axting---OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh I just got it...

I don't even use the axe with it and it's honestly the best weapon ever.

Flame-Airblast-shotgun-shotgun-shotgun-dead.

Works majority of the time.

Tenck

Demo and Soldier have the highest skill ceiling...

Pyro has a high skill floor, but Spy's is higher.

Eh I wouldn't say Spy has a high skill floor. Even when you're relatively good with the Spy, it's still tough to be consistent, so it's not easy a lot of the times. I would go as far as saying that spy has the highest skill ceiling. He has the most objects to use, and his job is to destroy engy's buildings and infiltrate enemies defense.

Edit: *sigh* double post :/

Blizzard

Banned
Demomans and engineers probably have the highest ceilings since they can use sticky jumps and sentry guns to jump themselves all the way up to the map ceiling. You can't get much higher than that!

Maybe soldats too.

Bitch bitch bitch dead ringer is OP bitch bitch bitch.

It is though.

In truth, most players just rarely face good spies, and have no idea how to deal with them. Oddly enough my biggest problem (in the rare occasion I play on the GAF server) isn't being tricked by good spies, but constantly misjudging the range and speed at which they can stab me even when I know exactly who they are.

Demomans and engineers probably have the highest ceilings since they can use sticky jumps and sentry guns to jump themselves all the way up to the map ceiling. You can't get much higher than that!

Maybe sollies too.

Fixed that for ya. You're welcome.

Blizzard

Banned
As for the lowest floor, I'm not sure. Engineer used to be lowest since he could construct buildings UNDERNEATH ground level, and that's pretty low. But they nerfed that so who knows, now. =(

DarkKyo

If any of you want one of the new engie/pyro Grordbort headgear pieces in between #1-100, prepare a page in your backpack similar to my first page-- it is now tailored for this exact purpose. Good luck to anyone going for it!
Also, it helps to get the update fast. Might be wise to switch to a download server that might not be too populated compared to a US server.

http://tf2b.com/?id=76561198001089564

I have a bunch of metal, and no intention of crafting new hats. Still trying to collect all the stranges, and I'm just a couple ref short of buying the S. Machina outright (if a #30 crate doesn't drop this week).

But good luck to all you suckers with nothing better to do with your metal! ;)

Predictions for Day 2:

Heat-Seaking Steampunk Rocket Laser Gun (Soldier)
+Automatically seeks all Medics
-No random critical hits

Maxim Machine Gun (Heavy)
+20% damage done while healed
-All damage done to opponents is applied to Medic

Laser Railgun Rifle (sniper)
+Depletes Ubercharge percentage equal to sniper charge percentage on hit
-25% ammo

DarkKyo

I have a bunch of metal, and no intention of crafting new hats. Still trying to collect all the stranges, and I'm just a couple ref short of buying the S. Machina outright (if a #30 crate doesn't drop this week).

But good luck to all you suckers with nothing better to do with your metal! ;)

I'll just assume you didn't know this...
Craft hats under #100 go for a lot. Especially right off the bat. The hats I'll hopefully be crafting with all this metal could buy me a bunch of s. machinas.
Predictions for Day 2:

-No random critical hits

-25% ammo

I would say that since there is already a Grordbort set for the Soldier, he definitely won't be getting anymore sets(maybe some Xmas stuff but def not anymore WETA weapons).

Also there already kind of is a laser rifle for Sniper. It's actually pretty much the same idea as the Soldier's Righteous Bison(aka future energy weapons) as it can go through multiple targets.

I want a medigun that charges based on how much damage your target does... As for what the uber does, I have no clue. But it'd be neat.

Edit: NVM. Then the medics would never get off Wartime and Fallengorn. Oh wait...

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Predictions for Day 2:

-No random critical hits

-25% ammo

You forgot the Demoman's neutron bomb that kills all medics on the map.

I'll just assume you didn't know this...
Craft hats under #100 go for a lot. Especially right off the bat. The hats I'll hopefully be crafting with all this metal could buy me a bunch of s. machinas.

I totally get this, but, if my math is right, the amount of metal you've got there is enough to have 5 class-based attempts at one of these hats? The Pyro has 25 hats/misc, and will have 27 after the update. That's five attempts at a 7% shot, and according to Wolfram Alpha that's a 31% chance. Which is fairly good odds!

But that's also a 70% chance that you'll lose all that metal. Hence my comment on it being a game only for people who don't have anything better to do with it. I have plans for my metal and I'm not willing to risk losing it all.

Once I get that Machina though, I don't have anything else big to save up for. I'll certainly be getting into this game in the future.

Forkball

I'm home. You can update the game now, Valve.

Also, do not restart Steam after the update hits if you aren't getting it, be patient. If you restart Steam you probably can't get back in. This advice is mostly for me.

DarkKyo

I totally get this, but, if my math is right, the amount of metal you've got there is enough to have 5 class-based attempts at one of these hats? The Pyro has 25 hats/misc, and will have 27 after the update. That's five attempts at a 7% shot, and according to Wolfram Alpha that's a 31% chance. Which is fairly good odds!

But that's also a 70% chance that you'll lose all that metal. Hence my comment on it being a game only for people who don't have anything better to do with it. I have plans for my metal and I'm not willing to risk losing it all.

Once I get that Machina though, I don't have anything else big to save up for. I'll certainly be getting into this game in the future.

All you do is craft the new Grordbort weapon and then you use that weapon + 4 refined and you are 100% chance gonna get one of the misc or headgear for that set. So your math is a bit off :p

Go look at the Soldier Grordbort stuff if you don't believe me.

I would say that since there is already a Grordbort set for the Soldier, he definitely won't be getting anymore sets(maybe some Xmas stuff but def not anymore WETA weapons).

Also there already kind of is a laser rifle for Sniper. It's actually pretty much the same idea as the Soldier's Righteous Bison(aka future energy weapons) as it can go through multiple targets.

REALLY?! REALLY?!?!

All you do is craft the new Grordbort weapon and then you use that weapon + 4 refined and you are 100% chance gonna get one of the misc or headgear for that set. So your math is a bit off :p

Go look at the Soldier Grordbort stuff if you don't believe me.

Ohhh. I see what you're doing there. I hadn't even considered the set craft.

Fuck. Now you've got me considering it. :lol Although I'm alone with the baby tonight, and I can't exactly be married to the laptop. We'll see what happens.

Proven

I'm home before the update has hit. Whoopee. My last final is 7 days from now so I much free time until I start studying for that test.

Pyro stuff:
The Backburner is the most skillful Pyro flamethrower. You still have airblasts, but a limited amount, so the only people that can use airblasts on it effectively are those that are really good with it. As an extra reward for being so skillful with airblasts that you don't need as many, you get a back crits every once in a while. But back crits are hard to regularly, you actually have to really work to get them consistently. And you also give up random crits, meaning that all of your kills will come from less luck than other Pyros. You don't have a faster weapon switch that makes it so easier to use all of your weapons at once, and you're rewarded for that with the extra damage and afterburn. And if you want to see a comp game where someone used a Backburner I can point you to a recent UGC finals game I watched this morning. I can currently airblast rockets semi-consistently on any server I play on with some time to warm up and get used to the ping. It's always been my plan to eventually graduate to the Backburner while keeping the other parts of my playstyle in tact. I use the Degreaser these days just because it makes me feel safer if I ever pull out a melee weapon, and it helps me deal with Scouts easier. Despite all this, most of my kills come from not switching weapons anyway.

The addition of the Manmelter is an extra buff to the Backburner since it means you can still help teammates, and then you get another weapon that doesn't give you random crits and have to work for them, somewhat. The fact that it also fires a projectile that will almost definitely travel slower than the Flaregun (but hopefully will have a faster rate of fire) means that it's sadly overall weaker and harder to use.

The Phlogistinator will sadly become the new W+M1 weapon, but I'm fine with it, because even if charges at a decent rate people will complain and it will get nerfed to hell just like the two banners did. Meanwhile you get the playstyle the old Backburner (before it got airblast) had, but a better reward than back crits you'd rarely get.

I want a medigun that charges based on how much damage your target does... As for what the uber does, I have no clue. But it'd be neat.

Edit: NVM. Then the medics would never get off Wartime and Fallengorn. Oh wait...

I would love to see that. Maybe something that gives minicrits and potentially charges a little bit faster than the Kritzkrieg (although anything charging faster than the 30 second Kritz will be pushing things...).

I just hope they give something to the Medic to help offset these new threats. It's actually kind of tearing me up inside how two of my three favorite classes are turning around on my most played class. Hopefully one of those Soldier rocket launchers that deal damage to the Soldier while providing some benefit to the Medic finally get out of beta. Or maybe a similar type of weapon for a different class. Or they can buff the Quick Fix since too few people seem to be interested with letting me play with it properly, so you might as well make it more similar to the other mediguns rather than come out with something else I'll think is new and interesting and fun for me to use and everyone else will yell that it sucks.

Still, TF2 is a game about life and death decisions, and it'll be interesting to lose my uber before I can pop it, but not because I got one shot by a Sniper/Spy/crit.

DarkKyo

Ohhh. I see what you're doing there. I hadn't even considered the set craft.

Fuck. Now you've got me considering it. :lol Although I'm alone with the baby tonight, and I can't exactly be married to the laptop. We'll see what happens.

Yeah who knows what will happen. Knowing my luck the update won't even download in time for this experiment :p

It's always nice to get those early craft hats though. In the Manniversary update I really lucked out and got Gym Rat #9 and Hat With No Name #10(those were just random 3-refined crafts). So maybe my luck has run out.

Blizzard

Banned
The Phlogistinator will sadly become the new W+M1 weapon, but I'm fine with it, because even if charges at a decent rate people will complain and it will get nerfed to hell just like the two banners did. Meanwhile you get the playstyle the old Backburner (before it got airblast) had, but a better reward than back crits you'd rarely get.
Why is it sad? Someone was already saying pyros were going to be useless, and it seems like to me that unless the charge rate is fast, it may be ineffective.

It seems like to me that pyros doing lots of damage at close range would make sense. When you are in front of someone and you have a flamethrower in their face, what is the problem with them taking damage? Is your objection that it should take more skill to do damage? :p

The Backburner is the most skillful Pyro flamethrower.

pm1lh.jpg

Forkball

If the Phlo gun charges as quickly as the Soda Popper, I can see it being useful.

And you guys are crazy if you think the Eureka Effect won't have a cool down. I expect a 30 second cool down per teleport.

DarkKyo

If the Phlo gun charges as quickly as the Soda Popper, I can see it being useful.

And you guys are crazy if you think the Eureka Effect won't have a cool down. I expect a 30 second cool down per teleport.

Either way I like carrying my buildings :(
I don't think it's for me....

Proven

[/QUOTE]

Think about it. The Backburner can do everything the Degreaser can do, with more risk for more potential rewards. The Degreaser is a straight buff to the Pyro by making something he was already doing easier to do with less risk to himself. Sure is fun to use, but still.

This is only because the Backburner has an airblast though. You get ammo back from killing people with reflects after all.

[quote="Forkball, post: 33498521"][URL="http://twitter.com/#!/Steam_Support/status/147478027675254784"]UPDATE IN AN HOUR OR TWO[/URL][/QUOTE]
Now you've done it Forkball. You went beyond jinxing the update: you jinxed Valve itself.

Top Bottom