• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

JackEtc said:
YES
YES
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

szqZw.png
been hunting for one, eh?

are they hard to come by? or was it just something you really wanted?

Blizzard

Banned
Chriswok said:
I dislike auto balance regardless, always manages to separate me from friends.
That's kind of the idea -- you and your friends are far too overpowered if together -- but I understand the frustration. If I get autobalanced within like 30 seconds of when I would have won a match, I may sit in spectator instead of fighting my old team, but otherwise I'd like to think I try to help either side. It helps that alltalk is on, for the janky server, so you can still talk to your friends on the other team.

Yeef

Made some changes to the server:
  • Updated the mapchooser plugin.
  • PLR maps are only 1 round now, except for High Tower, which is still 2.
  • Votes during CTF and PLR maps (except High Tower) will trigger 3 minutes into the match, so get your nominations in early.
  • KOTH and 5cp maps were supposed to scramble after a first-round roll, but they weren't. Now they do (scramble is based on average points per minute connected).
  • Thunder Mountain, Dustbowl and High Tower won't show up in votes/nominations if they've been played in the last 6 hours.

Clydefrog

Yeef said:
Made some changes to the server:
  • Updated the mapchooser plugin.
    [*]PLR maps are only 1 round now, except for High Tower, which is still 2.
    [*]Votes during CTF and PLR maps (except High Tower) will trigger 3 minutes into the match, so get your nominations in early.
  • KOTH and 5cp maps were supposed to scramble after a first-round roll, but they weren't. Now they do (scramble is based on average points per minute connected).
  • Thunder Mountain, Dustbowl and High Tower won't show up in votes/nominations if they've been played in the last 6 hours.

the hell is this?

Does anyone else get as excited as me for TF2 Item Drop Reset Day? It seriously feels like Christmas every Wednesday now, I just can't wait to see what gifts Valve has for me this week. Even if it probably includes two more crates and another Huntsman, oh well!

Yeef

Clydefrog said:
the hell is this?
A lot of people were complaining that PLR should only be 1 round, which I'm fine with, but I like high Tower too much to make it only 1 round. It's also the only PLR map that's a single stage instead of 3 stages.

PaddyOCanager said:
Does anyone else get as excited as me for TF2 Item Drop Reset Day? It seriously feels like Christmas every Wednesday now, I just can't wait to see what gifts Valve has for me this week. Even if it probably includes two more crates and another Huntsman, oh well!
Not anymore. I've hit my goal of 8 accounts. I idle 1 account each day of the week and don't idle on my main account. It's Christmas everyday!

Clydefrog

IMO, hightower should be the only PLR with 1 round. All the rest should have 2 rounds so everyone gets a chance to play offense and defense. meh

edit: wait.. does PLR mean "pay load race"? ??

NEVERMIND

PaddyOCanager said:

Im like a week and a half into this game (yes im EXTREMLY LTTP with this one) and im excited. I really need to make a idler account but still trying to gather the info to correctly doing it (this just me being lazy).

Hopefully I cop a cool hat(only got the halloween achievement one and the store one,both kinda lame), or a couple weapons I need.

JackFrost said:
Im like a week and a half into this game (yes im EXTREMLY LTTP with this one) and im excited. I really need to make a idler account but still trying to gather the info to correctly doing it (this just me being lazy).

Hopefully I cop a cool hat(only got the halloween achievement one and the store one,both kinda lame), or a couple weapons I need.
check the TF2 trading thread, we have resources that link to dedicated idling tutorials.

i wouldnt be at 24 alts without it.

Proven

Uriah said:
The problem is the enforcer has no downside while using the dead ringer.
Ah yeah, that was the issue. I'd forgotten. Almost in response I noticed one dropped for me randomly in the last two nights.
divisionbyzorro said:
I'm considering switching to a Homewrecker pyro at the start of every payload match on the GAF server to give our Engineers some backup against those filthy, dirty spies. Ugh.

Out of curiosity, does destroying a Sapper with the Homewrecker count as a destruction?
I'd like to know this too...
Charron said:
It renders you unable to cheat by using the Saharan set.
lol.
Although last night I noticed I was starting to fall for the disguise switch every once in a while as Medic. Before I'd realize in about 1-2 seconds max. Now it's getting up to 4-5 seconds. I've been staying up too late...

And I need to play more nightfall..

moojito

The tf2 wiki says the drop cap resets at 5pm in the US, I take it it's still wednesday at some point in the UK? I wouldn't want to leave my computer on overnight for nothing.

moojito said:
The tf2 wiki says the drop cap resets at 5pm in the US, I take it it's still wednesday at some point in the UK? I wouldn't want to leave my computer on overnight for nothing.
I'm pretty sure it restarts at 0GMT or 7pm EST.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
brentech said:
Nothing pisses me off more than setting up great offensive teleporters and the works, then getting auto-balanced. /rage
or getting auto-balanced right before a win, which turns into a loss. Then you ask to be spared in the chat but they don't spare you. :(

On occasion, I will be spared by a guy that just stands in front of me. ^_^

JackEtc

Bakphoon said:
Congratulations :)
XeroSauce said:
Nice job!
Dreams-Visions said:
been hunting for one, eh?

are they hard to come by? or was it just something you really wanted?
Yeah, I have been looking for one.

Both, actually. They are drop only, so they are pretty rare, and I really thought it was awesome. Someone pointed out that I had a white paint (which is also rare), and I hit up the TF2 Trading sub-reddit and someone contacted me. :D

Yeef

JackEtc said:

Both, actually. They are drop only, so they are pretty rare, and I really thought it was awesome. Someone pointed out that I had a white paint (which is also rare), and I hit up the TF2 Trading sub-reddit and someone contacted me. :D
They can be crafted.

Zomba13

I think I have a problem.

Whenever I get an Unusual I have the urge to try and trade it up. I'm seemingly never happy with them.

I was happy with my Vivid Pyromancer Skull but then a guy offered me a Vivid Desert Marauder and I had to take it! Then I tried to get 8 buds for it found out the guy who offered that amounut in cash was a scammer and went with the offer of a Purple Energy Stout Shako (painted white). Now I want to trade this :S

I think if I got a Purple Energy Brigade Helm for my Pyro I'd be happy. Paint it Pink as Hell and rock out with my mail box. Or a Vivid Plasma Samur-Eye. I think this might be my favourite, reasonable soldier unusual. Ideal would be something on the Team Captain (YES YES). My Pyro has no hats now though. Using the treasure hat.

Got a Purple Energy Brigade Helm now :)

DarkKyo

Zomba13 said:
I think I have a problem.

Whenever I get an Unusual I have the urge to try and trade it up. I'm seemingly never happy with them.

Talk about first world problems...

But anyways, when I get an unusual I end up questing for an unusual version of my favorite hat and then stop when I get it. I'm also following a theme of all purple energy unusual versions of my favorite hats. Got pyromancer and glengarry in purple so far. I like the idea of purple energy=dark energy, as seen in characters like Frieza of DBZ.

brentech

Hey guys. Been having some fairly random HL2.exe crashes. Used Chris's max FPS settings configuration and don't seem to crash. Turned back on faces and bleeding. Whats some other basic settings I should change.

Also unable to find how to turn on payload cart highlight or whatever that is called.

DarkKyo

divisionbyzorro said:
How many keys have you guys purchased anyway?
I've purchased a bunch throughout my TF2 career.. Too many to count. I've unboxed one unusual so far. The rest I've gotten through various other means.

XeroSauce

JackFrost said:

If you still lack a few weapons I can spot you some.

DarkKyo

Kuro Madoushi said:
i think i've spent 40 dollars in total on keys?

Got one unusual out of it...and fucking THREE chieftain solly hats
Dude one unusual and three craftable hats from 16 keys? That's seriously good, I would not complain...

Yeef

desh said:
Yeef, I thought you should know. We ended up winning that match.

(I know, nobody wins on 2fort).
I don't know why you were even playing there. 30 man 24/7 2fort is like the definition of hell.

Zomba13

divisionbyzorro said:
How many keys have you guys purchased anyway?
A bunch for my first one which was ages ago. The ones I've been having recently have all been trades from the one I won and from stuff I've gotten from trading steam games. Managed to trade up by trading some promos and stuff I got from friends who don't play TF2.

I am a bastard for never picking this up sooner and playing but I loaded it up the other night on my new PC and my god I cannot believe I have gone on this long without this game as part of my nightly winding down ritual... It is brilliant on too many levels to list.

corn_fest

Professor Beef said:
I think I'm finally starting to hate 2Fort. I only hop into that level in the hopes that it's almost over so I can get a fresh Turbine run going.
I really hate trying to play on CTF Valve servers. Everyone always votes for 2fort and it lasts forever. It's especially frustrating because every other CTF map is so much better.

JackEtc said:

I see. So they usually go for about 2 refined, then?

I always thought it was a cute hat; I just never thought to pick one up for the collection.

JackEtc

Dreams-Visions said:
I see. So they usually go for about 2 refined, then?

I always thought it was a cute hat; I just never thought to pick one up for the collection.
Yeah, about that. Vintage ones go for 4-5. Since I've stopped playing Spy and started playing (and not doing half bad) as Pyro on Janky-Ass, I wanted to find a good hat for Pyro, and remembered seeing that one. Knew I had to have it.

lol, I taunt just to see it jiggle around now :p

JackEtc said:
Yeah, about that. Vintage ones go for 4-5. Since I've stopped playing Spy and started playing (and not doing half bad) as Pyro on Janky-Ass, I wanted to find a good hat for Pyro, and remembered seeing that one. Knew I had to have it.

lol, I taunt just to see it jiggle around now :p
damn it, now I have to have one.

Top Bottom