• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

For those of you with Sanctum, there is free X-Mas DLC, but it looks like you have to manually add it via the store page. So do that.

Also, I require the full pyro set. So you should all pool your resources and find a way to get it for me.

And the server still hasn't updated...

For those of you with Sanctum, there is free X-Mas DLC, but it looks like you have to manually add it via the store page. So do that.

Also, I require the full pyro set. So you should all pool your resources and find a way to get it for me.

Can we still play on it, or will TF2 not work?

DarkKyo

Damn Valve making the Grordbort items only craftable through tokens!! Argh.

Well anyways.. I was still able to craft a bunch of my inventory away to craft the set hats. I managed to get #14 Moonman Pack, #21 Bubble Pipe, and #13 Brainiac Goggles... so not too bad. I felt lame crafting all those cool new weapons tho :(

Edit: Oh yeah and uncrated a festive minigun! The little blinking lights are neat.

pBxki.jpg

installed Sanctum today in anticipation for achievement, I never played so I don't know how to play...

Firebrand

Found a Pomson for the engy within 1 min of joining a game... Fun to shoot the heavy coming and drain the ubers of the two medics behind him. Haven't found anything else though, so much for double drop rate.

Forkball

Yeah the Grordbort stuff does drop. I saw someone get the Engy laser gun a few minutes into a game.

Unboxed the Spycicle and the Festive Flame Thrower which I traded for a Festive Minigun. The lights look kinda neat and funny twirling around when you spin up the gun. The new spy knife is pretty interesting, being able to escape a pyro while not ignited is pretty awesome even if your knife goes away. It probably goes well with the Dead Ringer though I just used the default watch. I can see a spy who is really good with their gun wrecking with this knife.

Insert Mr. Freeze pun here:

4D2DB0F9B9FC4BB11D404EE75CC4B90622467E55

B7AA63DD4EDFBE950BDB1DFF228EBD7D3BDDEF7E

E71408B608139B60E192117C8BDAB932C8D95673

6E2123F1728AEC93CF677D2AF0CCAF1A6F43D94A

Too bad a lot of people use the Bombicon so they just explode. I demand ice sculptures!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Figures. Just when I'm going to bed the server updates.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow, if I'm not bombed from my office holiday party.

yeoz

So all the nice crate items will eventually be craftable, and the naughty crate items are all reskins (although strange festives are tempying).
Am I right in that there's no point in uncrating any of these crates right now?

Proven

Looking for confirmation for a stupid question, I crafted the Eureka Effect, if I combine that with 4 refined I'll get the Braniac Goggles?
You'll get the goggles or the hat. A 50/50 chance. Sorry, best you can get.
If anyone is curious how the Eureka Wrench works, I make a quick video just now showing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFPwqnBtQO0&feature=youtu.be

Still processing. It should work fine in a bit.
Takes about as long as it takes to drink Bonk. Perfect. My number 1 item to get this update.

Also, I'm buying up crates as I feel like buying keys for once. I'll be trading a refined or one of the festive/new items per crate if I can. I also may have some stranges. Just remind me tomorrow that I said all of this.

Blizzard

Banned
I got my first random hat drop in like, months. It was the whatever nostra mafia spy thing. I guess it looks kinda cool, but of course with spy you gotta wear the fez anyway!

Blizzard

Banned
Haha. That guy was amusing. I wonder if he's actually a GAFer.

More importantly, they stealthily upped the jump height of the detonator. It's about 50%~75% higher than it was before tonight's patch. :D
That is GREAT news. I never even try it anymore so I wouldn't have noticed.

More importantly, they stealthily upped the jump height of the detonator. It's about 50%~75% higher than it was before tonight's patch. :D

I doubt it. Said something or other about blacklisting servers.

Also, sweeeeeeet! I love the Detonator! BEWARE! Pyro in unorthodox places comin' at'cha!

Sianos

Haha, I was just thinking about the Detonator. Happy to see them finally buff it, I might have to start playing Pyro now. Will try and find new jumps later.

On paper most of the new weapons seem useful, but not too powerful. Good update, all they need to do now is fix my constant freezing.

Top Bottom