• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

DarkKyo

He's going away for the holidays. Although, this update is pretty crappy.

I love the Grordbort weapons/items.

If you're referring to the tendency of this year's festive crates then yeah they are pretty crappy. But all in all it's a pretty sweet update. Not hard to just trade for the xmas items you want.

XeroSauce

this update not only brought you a spy weapon, it brought you THE spy weapon to use.

Spies are having a field day with that thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HnWS_0vX-E

The only way I can see this being OP is if you had the DR.

This doesn't stop Jarate/Milk, this doesn't stop hitscan weapons like the shotgun/mingun, doesn't stop bleed, and this can potentially give you no way to fight back.

However, Enforcer/Spy-cicle/DR seems like the best loadout ever in the history of the world atm

So all the nice crate items will eventually be craftable, and the naughty crate items are all reskins (although strange festives are tempying).
Am I right in that there's no point in uncrating any of these crates right now?

I'm pretty sure I read on the update page that the items are only uncratable and only for a limited time.

Exuro

I'm pretty sure I read on the update page that the items are only uncratable and only for a limited time.
It says only uncrateable for the week so that most likely means afterwards they get added to the drop system/craftable. It would be ridiculous for Valve to create weapons with new stats that are only uncrateable and only for a limited time.

I don't like that they gave the spy a buff against his single biggest weakness. It gives the Pyro a really good reason to run the shotgun again.

Ugh. It'll get nerfed. Not sure how they'll do it. Start by taking out the silent kill I guess. Reduce the fireproof time to 1 second? Lower health?

That being said, I don't like that they gave the spy a buff against his single biggest weakness.

It gives the Pyro a really good reason to run the shotgun again.
yeah the next spy update will be a sapper that instantly self ubers when a sapped sentry gets desapped and sees spy so he can get away safely from them as well

I don't like that they gave the spy a buff against his single biggest weakness. It gives the Pyro a really good reason to run the shotgun again.

Ugh. It'll get nerfed. Not sure how they'll do it. Start by taking out the silent kill I guess. Reduce the fireproof time to 1 second? Lower health?
Maybe they'll go the caber route with it and making you go back to the ammo locker to replenish it if it melts.

Proven

I thought the Icicle would be a YER reskin with a little extra downside. Seems I was wrong.

But knowing it exists is half the battle.

Sianos

Yeah, I think the icicle is going to get nerfed. At the very least I think it'll lose the silent kill. Hopefully it drags down the enforcer with it.

New Pyro flamethrower doesn't grant crits to other weapons (No instakilling medics through their Heavy) and requires a full taunt (like Saxton Hale's boo) to activate. I think it plays the taunt sound too. Sacrificing airblast means you'll be much more vulnerable to spam, discouraging w+m1. Seems like Valves second try at an ambush Pyro weapon that isn't just for direct charges.

New flare gun seems like it has a lot of potential, especially if you can extinguish cow mangler soldiers. If the enemy team has a Pyro there's loads of people to extinguish and if you have good aim you could deal a consistent ninety damage. If you hit a scout/sniper/engie they'll be forced to grab health or die. Best of all, Pyros get infinite extinguishes and is practically ordered to extinguish teammates.

Axe is interesting, helps take out teams with medics, especially Heavy Medic combos. Airblast their heal target to a wall and force the Medic to abandon them. Seems good in theory and is an interesting combo.

Blizzard

Banned
It seems like pyros are the weakest class while spies, demomans, and scouts are the worst classes who should be annoyed with stuff.

It also seems to me like pyros should be able to do damage to spies! Making spies fireproof seems like an unfortunate change.

Not to mention Pyro spychecking is going to involve physically bumping into people now since the Spy can use the knife to protect his cover. Then he can just wait until you run away a bit and shoot you dead.

There absolutely needs to be a sound of the knife melting away in all scenarios (cloaked and disguised).

Blizzard

Banned
I figure the only answer is to see if it's craftable, and if so try to do what I did when the ambassador ignored hitboxes, shot through obstacles, and hit nearby enemies -- abuse the crap out of it. ^.^

Proven

Not to mention Pyro spychecking is going to involve physically bumping into people now since the Spy can use the knife to protect his cover. Then he can just wait until you run away a bit and shoot you dead.

There absolutely needs to be a sound of the knife melting away in all scenarios (cloaked and disguised).

It'd give you away. If you're in flamethrower range of someone, and aren't spazzing your mouse, you'll immediately know where he is, and in most circumstances can quickly check around the 2 second radius.

I agree with having everybody hear the melting sound, but to be fair I think he should have a slightly longer protection time, and along with it have a 45 second or so recharge.

By the way, I now have a Spy-cicle.

Sianos

It seems like pyros are the weakest class while spies, demomans, and scouts are the worst classes who should be annoyed with stuff.

It also seems to me like pyros should be able to do damage to spies! Making spies fireproof seems like an unfortunate change.

Scout has Engineers and the Tomislav to deal with. Good soldiers (can airshot, predict movement) can be troublesome too.

Whatever happens, I hope the Enforcer gets dragged down with it. Playing pure battlespy with Tenck netted me a ridiculous K:D and I have terrible aim. Hate that gun so much.

Blizzard

Banned
Poor Tenck must be furious at people clamoring for Spy-cicle nerfs.
The funny thing is that someone was just saying that the pyro flamethrower would be nerfed. Seems like spy got the better end of the deal especially if there's a taunt involved to activate the flamethrower. :p

Seems like enforcer would go well with the new knife.

The funny thing is that someone was just saying that the pyro flamethrower would be nerfed. Seems like spy got the better end of the deal especially if there's a taunt involved to activate the flamethrower. :p

Spy-cicle + enforcer + death ringer/regular watch = rambo spy/battle spy he is afraid of nothing

Tenck

THE load-out to use right now is Spy-Cicle, Enforcer, and DR. If you're not using that combo, it's because you have some respect for the enemy team :lol

I was trying out the Amby, Spy-cicle, and DR combo yesterday. Honestly, it is a terrible combo to use. Sure if you have spectacular aim it will be deadly, but even then, you have to rely on some distance with the opponent to get a headshot on them.

Of course others can disagree with me, but the damage penalty on the Amby combined with the fact that you might lose your knife isn't an ideal situation you want to be in.

With the Enforcer, even when spotted, you can keep enemies back. I can't tell you how many Scouts I killed who thought they could come near me haha.

windz

Strange Knife, DR, and Strange Ambassador for me. I just find the ambassador really fun trying to always plug people in the head :). But enforcer is *so* fucking good I know I'm at a disadvantage not using it.

Grinchy

Banned
The naughty crates seem pointless to me. I don't want a regular weapon with christmas lights on it and I don't really want to buy keys for a chance at old stranges. I ended up just selling off all my winter crates actually.

The naughty crates seem pointless to me. I don't want a regular weapon with christmas lights on it and I don't really want to buy keys for a chance at old stranges. I ended up just selling off all my winter crates actually.

My goal is to own all of the Stranges. Right now I'm trying to decide if I'll count the Festive Stranges in that list. I guess it'll come down to how valuable they become? I don't really know. I do know that I'm somewhat annoyed that they made them strange; I was going to be able to ignore them if they were just reskins with silly lights.

Of course, considering that the Strange Minigun, Rocket Launcher, Scattergun, and Stickybomb Launcher all fetch a pretty high trade price these days, I imagine people are relishing the opportunity to get them again.

After playing with the Manmelter for a bit... I don't like it :s

Slow fire rate, teammates can block your shot, and the fire-putter-outer is finicky at best. But at least the flare looks cool!

Top Bottom