• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Forkball

So apparently there's a secret room in Foundry with pictures that may tease Meet the Pyro/Raid mode/Robots/nothing.

possiblemeetthepyro.png

possiblemeetthepyro1.png

More pictures:

1324022309616.jpg

1324022402465.jpg

1324022453179.jpg

1324022510902.jpg

13240225682811.jpg

13240226922691.png

13240226922691.png

Forkball

I think it's in RED spawn, it's inaccessible unless you go into no-clip though.

ANOTHER MAJOR UPDATE COMING BELIEVE

Honestly the last real content update was in June with the Uber update. We've gotten a few weapons, hats, and maps since then, but no real big game-changing updates (although loadouts was pretty big). Raid mode was leaked last APRIL and we still haven't seen it.

I think it's in RED spawn, it's inaccessible unless you go into no-clip though.

ANOTHER MAJOR UPDATE COMING BELIEVE

Honestly the last real content update was in June with the Uber update. We've gotten a few weapons, hats, and maps since then, but no real big game-changing updates (although loadouts was pretty big). Raid mode was leaked last APRIL and we still haven't seen it.

Raid Mode and Meet the Pyro will launch the same day as Episode 3. Believe it.

Proven

It'd be nice just to have a different skin for BOTs in general. At first glance, they look like an ally, and then suddenly you see a weird eye or metal hinge instead of an elbow. Would also make players more forgiving of them.
I've always got Crates for sale if anybody wants in on a great deal.
Really? How much now...?

Edit: Apparently you can hear when a Spy uses the ice melt. I'm not sure if it's because Tenck switched to it rather than held it to be safe, but just listen closely next time.

Tenck

It'd be nice just to have a different skin for BOTs in general. At first glance, they look like an ally, and then suddenly you see a weird eye or metal hinge instead of an elbow. Would also make players more forgiving of them.

Really? How much now...?

Edit: Apparently you can hear when a Spy uses the ice melt. I'm not sure if it's because Tenck switched to it rather than held it to be safe, but just listen closely next time.

It makes a distinct sound.

After more fiddling with the Manmelter, I found that you have to use alt fire to absorb the fire from team mates to get crit charges. Here I was thinking I had to shoot them with the flare... But it has a nifty little particle effect when using alt fire. Major problem is that everyone freaking runs away making it impossible to get the charges.

Still don't like it much! Too slow for me... Gotta spam them Detonators!

Proven

After more fiddling with the Manmelter, I found that you have to use alt fire to absorb the fire from team mates to get crit charges. Here I was thinking I had to shoot them with the flare... But it has a nifty little particle effect when using alt fire. Major problem is that everyone freaking runs away making it impossible to get the charges.

Still don't like it much! Too slow for me... Gotta spam them Detonators!

Which reminds me, I need a Manmelter.

Yeef

This is a better Christmas update.

It's pretty shitty game design to make game-changing weapons restricted to being obtained by gambling with real money.

This is a better Christmas update.

It's pretty shitty game design to make game-changing weapons restricted to being obtained by gambling with real money.

Any one try this????the vid was kinda cool looking and caught my interest. but if you can pay your way to the top im not feeling it

XeroSauce

Giving the engineer the ability to teleport back to spawn any time they want seems to remove a huge vulnerability and seems like a cheap way to help people build faster during setup.

At the expense of:
Needing to walk back to the action
Being unable to carry sentry and teleporter out of harm's way when you eventually get there and the fight has started

Yeef

Giving the engineer the ability to teleport back to spawn any time they want seems to remove a huge vulnerability and seems like a cheap way to help people build faster during setup.
The teleport takes about 3 seconds before you actually warp and you can't move your buildings. Right now engineers just build their stuff at spawn and then haul them to the front lines. So I don't see how it's any different. If anything, hauling is probably faster, because, on any decent server, people will go engineer during setup to help you build yup all your stuff at spawn quickly, then change back to whatever class they actually intend to play.

Blizzard

Banned
The Space weapons drop and can be crafted via luck (tokens).

The christmas items are ONLY obtainable via crates. Considering how good the icicle is, it's pretty stupid.
Wait, what? I just literally found a youtube video that showed how to craft the spy-cicle. *edit* So apparently you can't buy the items in the store, and only only gamble with crates, weird.

Maybe Valve will add some items that can only be purchased in the future and can't be crafted or randomly found at all. :D

At the expense of:
Needing to walk back to the action
Being unable to carry sentry and teleporter out of harm's way when you eventually get there and the fight has started
I think the idea is that you have a teleporter exit set up so you can take your teleporter back to the front lines after you go back for metal or to do something at spawn.

The Space weapons drop and can be crafted via luck (tokens).

The christmas items are ONLY obtainable via crates. Considering how good the icicle is, it's pretty stupid.

I was under the impression that the new weapons will be obtainable by the general public after the Christmas crates are discontinued. If this turns out not to be the case, I will get genuine annoyed at Valve.

I was under the impression that the new weapons will be obtainable by the general public after the Christmas crates are discontinued. If this turns out not to be the case, I will get genuine annoyed at Valve.

I'm hoping this to be the case. Because I was really pissed with the summer crates. I spent $5 on keys, got the golf club and the postal pummeler. I was happy because I thought they'd be only obtainable by the crates. But then Valve made them both dropable... I was pissed.... $5 wasted for nothing.

But I learned my lesson.

I'm waiting this time.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm hoping this to be the case. Because I was really pissed with the summer crates. I spent $5 on keys, got the golf club and the postal pummeler. I was happy because I thought they'd be only obtainable by the crates. But then Valve made them both dropable... I was pissed.... $5 wasted for nothing.

But I learned my lesson.

I'm waiting this time.

I had the same summer experience. I opened like 4 to 6 crates. The only worthy item was the spy turtleneck, which dropped in value like crazy anyway. I learned my lesson and sold my winter crates for metal right away. I actually hope I get some more winter crates so I can sell them too.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I had the same summer experience. I opened like 4 to 6 crates. The only worthy item was the spy turtleneck, which dropped in value like crazy anyway. I learned my lesson and sold my winter crates for metal right away. I actually hope I get some more winter crates so I can sell them too.

Speaking of which how much are naughty crates worth? I have one I'd like to trade/sell.

Grinchy

Banned
Speaking of which how much are naughty crates worth? I have one I'd like to trade/sell.

The pricing guide says from 2 scrap up to 2 reclaimed, but I just sold mine for a reclaimed+scrap each. Sold 5 within literally 60 seconds of putting the trade up on TF2TP.

Yeef

Yeah, they'll be available a week later, but my issue is that keeping gameplay-effecting weapons behind a paywall, even if it's just for a week, is shitty game design.

Yeah it sucks, but i'd rather have a really flexible system that they keep trying new things (i say this about our government as well but whatever). Sometimes it sucks, but sometimes you'll get some cool stuff. The amount of data they pull off the userbase must be telling them all sorts of stuff. Next time it will be different... Maybe.

Sianos

Only Whoreleo can save us from the tyranny of bad maps and revive the server! Bonus points for choosing Gullywash.

Since our gentlemanly pact to not play Engineer on KOTH maps hasn't been working, I say we finally just ban KOTH Engies. They ruin the freedom of movement that makes KOTH fun with minimal effort on their part. If you want to drop sentries save it for Payload, a map type more about brute force charges than freedom of movement.

On the subject of which, all Payload maps should strive to be Upward. Open, lots of branching paths and flank routes, high skybox, good health and ammo distribution, and it doesn't overstay its welcome. Badwater has a few of these right but makes some critical errors (doors that don't open until you make it so far into the map and a few obnoxious chokepoints) and Thunder Mountain is just too long: is there a way to only play 2-3 rounds of a random stage instead of all 6?

Forkball

A lot of the Mannconomy Update items are hitting reasonable prices now in the trade community. I got a Surgeon's Stahlhelm and the Sniper hair. Just a few months ago that stuff was going for like 7-10 refined.

Since our gentlemanly pact to not play Engineer on KOTH maps hasn't been working, I say we finally just ban KOTH Engies.

Yes!

Nothing aggravates me more in this game than sentries on KOTH maps, except for random crits. Random crits are the worst. Oh, and Heavy/Medic combos and Engies when there's less than 12 people on the server.

Blizzard

Banned
Yes!

Nothing aggravates me more in this game than sentries on KOTH maps, except for random crits. Random crits are the worst. Oh, and Heavy/Medic combos and Engies when there's less than 12 people on the server.
Heavy, medic (unless it's battle medic), engineer, scout, demoman, critical hits, and possibly soldiers are all rage-inducing when there are 12 people or less, I claim.

Yeef

Still interested in doing a highlander match, but since you're all jerks with bad taste, I guess it'll never happen.

Top Bottom