• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

My goal is to own all of the Stranges. Right now I'm trying to decide if I'll count the Festive Stranges in that list. I guess it'll come down to how valuable they become? I don't really know. I do know that I'm somewhat annoyed that they made them strange; I was going to be able to ignore them if they were just reskins with silly lights.

Of course, considering that the Strange Minigun, Rocket Launcher, Scattergun, and Stickybomb Launcher all fetch a pretty high trade price these days, I imagine people are relishing the opportunity to get them again.

There are strange festives o_O?

Okay, can someone help me out here? I'm getting "Failed to update Item Schema" errors constantly right now on two of my accounts, and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. Is this a common thing right now? Or is it just me?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tried the new Pryo Stuff.

Conclusion: It sucks. The new secondary is some strange Flaregun like thing, that hard to hit IMO (Looks like it still arcs), the Flame Thrower does normal damage, and you have to taunt to get the crits.

Tried the new Pryo Stuff.

Conclusion: It sucks. The new secondary is some strange Flaregun like thing, that hard to hit IMO (Looks like it still arcs), the Flame Thrower does normal damage, and you have to taunt to get the crits.
I haven't used it yet but it seems like this is a pretty big downside.

Grinchy

Banned
Okay, can someone help me out here? I'm getting "Failed to update Item Schema" errors constantly right now on two of my accounts, and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. Is this a common thing right now? Or is it just me?

I'm seeing that all the time but it still seems to give me drops anyway. Tons of them, actually (since it's doing double drops)

Well, I decided to run the last two idlers anyway for a bit and see if they produce anything. I managed to capture this lovely slice of the internet while I was at it:

nF7Gn.png

Grinchy

Banned
^lol I've always wondered why people jump into my itemtest rooms while I'm text mode idling. That is some hilarious banter.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Can I have a tutorial on that (with the client active)? I don't play as often anymore and I end up missing a lot of items when I come back.

Did they stealth nerf the stock flamethrower? I could of sworn I use to be able to switch and airblast immediately. Now there's like a second delay after you switch to it before you can.

But then again, I haven't really used it in a really long time, so I don't know. Degreaser set ftw.

Proven

Right now, I love the Manmelter. I've now gotten to a point where I go into a game with Pyro and can't decide which secondary to use. Back in the day it used to be so easy: pick Flaregun unless your flare aim sucks that day. Now I find things to do with all of them.

Only Whoreleo can save us from the tyranny of bad maps and revive the server! Bonus points for choosing Gullywash.

Since our gentlemanly pact to not play Engineer on KOTH maps hasn't been working, I say we finally just ban KOTH Engies. They ruin the freedom of movement that makes KOTH fun with minimal effort on their part. If you want to drop sentries save it for Payload, a map type more about brute force charges than freedom of movement.

On the subject of which, all Payload maps should strive to be Upward. Open, lots of branching paths and flank routes, high skybox, good health and ammo distribution, and it doesn't overstay its welcome. Badwater has a few of these right but makes some critical errors (doors that don't open until you make it so far into the map and a few obnoxious chokepoints) and Thunder Mountain is just too long: is there a way to only play 2-3 rounds of a random stage instead of all 6?

Here's my issue with Harvest and to a lesser extent Viaduct and Lakeside. I feel like Scouts have too much freedom. With less than 12 players, it quickly becomes Scouts/Snipers/Spies with everyone else being at a disadvantage unless they turtle up a little for protection. This tends to means Sentries and Medic combos. I don't like it, it's not what I play TF2 for, and when I don't switch to Engy I just leave the server until enough people join up so things start going into big team battle mode.

I never played Quake or those other classic PC FPS games. I hate just playing what ends up mostly being deathmatch with Scouts and Spy/Snipers on the side, with death coming about as fast as in Call of Duty.

Upward is a great map because it's open for all those classes, while still providing enough natural cover and such for the other classes to not be so exposed, and Sentries not be as big a factor except on the second and last points.

But if the way things are people prefer mostly Scouts on lower player counts, I'll just stay off until I see at least 16 people playing.

Yeef

I prefer messing around when it's lower player counts. Silly stuff like Mantread battles and melee duels. At the very least, sub-optimal, secondary battles. Family business vs. Detonation-only detonator attacks.

yeoz

so I've lost like 30k credits to tf2wh because of trades that went through but the system didn't invoice/bill me correctly for. I think I'm going to stop trying to use the thing during peak hours...

so I've lost like 30k credits to tf2wh because of trades that went through but the system didn't invoice/bill me correctly for. I think I'm going to stop trying to use the thing during peak hours...

You should contact them, or post on their forums. They usually fix this stuff. Usually providing the transaction history in question will help.

Proven

As for highlander, we could have a Saturday night GAF event. Possibly organize it using an announcement and the Steam group chat channel.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Got a Sanvich Safe from one of the Nice Crates.

Is that one of the Christmas items or is Valve still trolling?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The 14 community Christmas items can be gotten after the Christmas event, but until it is over, there is no other way to get them other then paying for keys or the item.

The Festive Items will only be got during the Christmas event, my bet is Valve may pull them out every year, but I don't really know.

Yeef

I made an event in the Steam group. Anyone interested in the highalnder match post there or just join the group chatroom and tell me what class you want to play and what day is good for you (has to be this week). I'll be AFK, but I'll read all the messages when I get home from work.

You can also post here, too, I s'pose.

Tenck

I made an event in the Steam group. Anyone interested in the highalnder match post there or just join the group chatroom and tell me what class you want to play and what day is good for you (has to be this week). I'll be AFK, but I'll read all the messages when I get home from work.

You can also post here, too, I s'pose.

I take scout.

I'll let some other sucker take my spot for Spy :O

Yeef

I take [other team] Scout.

Which maps will we play?
I figure you can work that out afterward. I was thinking we can do the top map of each mode or something, ignoring unpopular modes like TC, Arena and CTF for more maps from other modes (i.e. Steel AND Gorge instead of only doing one or the other).

Tenck

Tenck is saying he can't see the event, but probably just because he's blind. But here's a link anyway: Highlander Signup Event (it'll open in steam).

I saw it for a second, before it disappeared on me. Steam has been a bit wonky for me. it's giving me nothing but errors :/

I already posted in it! So take that bear, I am not blind (did it before I saw your post too)!

Sianos

I'd be able to make tonight at 7-8 EST.

Won't be able to make this week because of the holidays/exams, but next week I'm free except for the mornings.

Proven

I'm like blizzard, just give me a little bit of notice and I should be able to plan around it. I won't be available for the weekend though.

I'll do Medic or Pyro, depending if some of other GAF medics sign up.

Top Bottom