• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

Yeah. Just regular GAFers. Not a tournament or anything. This is just me wanting to play a real highlander match. Everytime I've tried to join a highlander server it's always been only like 4 people on each team, which isn't a real match.

Also, it will be a last-hurrah for The Waiting Room.

Yeah. Just regular GAFers. Not a tournament or anything. This is just me wanting to play a real highlander match. Everytime I've tried to join a highlander server it's always been only like 4 people on each team, which isn't a real match.

Also, it will be a last-hurrah for The Waiting Room.

I'm sad i'll miss the end of the best server gaf ever had. You said its up till christmas right? Ill get a prop hunt going on there before then hopefully just for shits.

Grinchy

Banned
I've been getting really into Scout lately. It's my 2nd least played class, and I've always sucked at it. I'm finally able to hold my own and it's so fun.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Spy-Cicle.

NGF8h.jpg

Yeef

Steam Community seems to be acting up, so I'll forget about the fancy Steam links. I did set the event so that it ends on Saturday though, so now it should show up on the front page of the group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Neogaf-TF2/events/1443633912347438490

[EDIT] It looks like Monday night is probably the best time to do this. Current Classes looks like this (though it'll probably change based on some people not being able to play Monday).
  • Scout - 2
  • Soldier - 3
  • Pyro - 2 -
  • Demoman - 0
  • Heavy - 2
  • Engineer - 2
  • Medic - 3
  • Sniper - 0
  • Spy - 2
  • *Any* - 2
I'll play any class, AcciDante will play any class other than sniper or spy.

This list just a tally of total candidates. For example, Proven said he'd play Medic, Pyro, Engineer and Soldier, so he's counted for all four. Nate and Coffee never mentioned which classes they want so they're not counted for anything. Right now we're at 15 total players; 3 short of a full match. Also, I am surprised Demoman is so unpopular.

Sianos

Can we do multiple games? Perhaps one next Monday as well?

I won't be on tommorow, so someone else will have to carry the Scout torch.

yeoz

Can we do multiple games? Perhaps one next Monday as well?

I won't be on tommorow, so someone else will have to carry the Scout torch.
How about *every* monday, the server has highlander mode turned on...
I like highlander! A regularly scheduled highlander event would be great, but, I'm not sure we could consistantly fill it.

Yeef

Well, my main problem with Highlander on The Jank as opposed to The Waiting Room is that it basically means you're keeping 6 people from potentially playing. If I can find a plugin that automatically turns highlander off once the server hits 19 people I'd be up for doing highlander on a set schedule.

Well, my main problem with Highlander on The Jank as opposed to The Waiting Room is that it basically means you're keeping 6 people from potentially playing. If I can find a plugin that automatically turns highlander off once the server hits 19 people I'd be up for doing highlander on a set schedule.

You would have to do on a set schedule, the server will fill up from the times posted in the comments, which is usually at peak hours.

Yeef

I think we have enough people now (maybe more than enough). Here's the list I've got:
Asterisk - Player's First Choice
Underline - Player's Only choice

Scouts 1 (2) - DONE
*Tenck
Air Horn
[Yeef]

Soldiers 2 (6) - DONE
*Fallengorn
*Air Horn
Tangmaster
DougWelder
Proven
Yeoz

Pyros 2 (5) - DONE
*CoffeeJanitor
Blizzard
Proven
*Yeoz
Professor Beef

Demos 4 (4) - DONE
*Spitfire
*Tangmaster
*Doug Welder
*ArtistDude***

Heavies 2 (2) - DONE
*Whoreoleo
*Blizzard

Engineers 2 (3) - DONE
*Cloudius
*Professor Beef
Proven

Medics 3 (6) - DONE
Dog Welder
Cloudius
*ExMachina
*Tim
*Proven
Yeoz

Snipers 1 (1) - DONE
*BY2K
[Termyte]

Spies 2 (2) - DONE
*HIT
*Metaphorically
BY2K

Any Class (3)
Yeef - (Scout)
AcciDante
Termyte - (Sniper)

Undeclared (3)
Nate
n0b (not sure if he actually wants to play, but he posted in the event).
Twig (ditto)

We need to figure out the Demo and Medic issue. Both have 3 players with it being their first choice. Also, not gonna lie, I want that scout spot, but I'll let someone else have it if any wants.

Yeef

Since time is running out, I just went ahead and narrowed down the list. I tried to give everyone their first option, but that wasn't always possible. I also tried to balance the two players on each class as much as possible. Here we go:

Tenck (Scout)
Yeef (Scout)
Fallengorn (Soldier)
Air Horn (Soldier)
CoffeeJanitor(Pyro)
Yeoz (Pyro)
Spitfire (Demo)
Doug Welder (Demo)
Whoreoleo (Heavy)
Blizzard (Heavy)
Cloudius (Engineer)
Professor Beef (Engineer)
ExMachina (Medic)
Proven (Medic)
BY2K (Sniper)
Termyte (Sniper)
Metaphorically (Spy)
:HIT:EmptyCanOWupass (Spy)

Sitting Out :(
AccciDante
Nate
Ill Cosby (Medic)
Tangmaster (Demo/Soldier)
n0b
Twig
ArtistDude (Sticky Launcher/Caberman)

I'll figure out teams in a little while and then post a new event. Shooting for 8PM Eastern.

Proven

We still have a server STV, right?

My first pick would probably be Pyro, but since I'm not as aggressive or as loyal to the Axetinguisher/Mailbox as other Pyros, maybe I should set this one out. I like our Medics so I'll give it up to them, and I'll sub for Soldier/Engineer if worst comes to worst.

Also, I discovered an extra ability of the Eureka Effect! When upgrading buildings, it upgrades 50 metal at time. Which means Valve must feel sorry for them not being able to carry buildings through teleporters.

If you're upgrading a friendly Engineer's buildings, use this wrench. It also means that if you were into Offensive Engineering before the Gunslinger came out (they were such good times) this is a wrench that may fit you. Having the option of a quick level 2 is great, while being able to build Dispensers and Teleporters and not have to leave them at level 1 for so long. When I think about it, my mini sentry style still fits this (the videos), except I can build in open areas faster. It's probably why I never took to the Wrangler.

Edit: Hold the presses. I was wrong. I'm an idiot. The server I was on was using a mod. I was using the Start Playing button, so I didn't even consider it at the time. I just jumped on the GAF server to test it again for myself. I'll leave this up as a monument to my shame.

Oreoleo

Tenck (Scout)
Yeef (Scout)
Fallengorn (Soldier)
Air Horn (Soldier)
CoffeeJanitor(Pyro)
Yeoz (Pyro)
Spitfire (Demo)
Doug Welder (Demo)
Whoreoleo (Heavy)
Blizzard (Heavy)
Cloudius (Engineer)
Professor Beef (Engineer)
ExMachina (Medic)
Proven (Medic)
BY2K (Sniper)
Termyte (Sniper)
Metaphorically (Spy)

I'll figure out teams in a little while and then post a new event. Shooting for 8PM Eastern.

Looks good. Can't wait!

Shame about Artist and Dante though :(

My first pick would probably be Pyro, but since I'm not as aggressive or as loyal to the Axetinguisher/Mailbox as other Pyros, maybe I should set this one out. I like our Medics so I'll give it up to them, and I'll sub for Soldier/Engineer if worst comes to worst.

FWIW, if we ended up on the same team I would be happy to have you as my medic.

Yeef

We still have a server STV, right?

It's too late! I already made the roster! I think these teams are fairly balanced. The only issue that might arise is that I think more people on Team 1 use their mic. Tell me what you guys think:

Team 1
Yeef (Scout)
Fallengorn (Soldier)
Yeoz (Pyro)
Spitfire (Demo)
Whoreoleo (Heavy)
Cloudius (Engineer)
Proven (Medic)
Termyte (Sniper)

Team 2
Tenck (Scout)