• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

yeoz

I discovered an extra ability of the Eureka Effect! When upgrading buildings, it upgrades 50 metal at time. Which means Valve must feel sorry for them not being able to carry buildings through teleporters.

If you're upgrading a friendly Engineer's buildings, use this wrench. It also means that if you were into Offensive Engineering before the Gunslinger came out (they were such good times) this is a wrench that may fit you. Having the option of a quick level 2 is great, while being able to build Dispensers and Teleporters and not have to leave them at level 1 for so long. When I think about it, my mini sentry style still fits this (the videos), except I can build in open areas faster. It's probably why I never took to the Wrangler.

Edit: Hold the presses. I was wrong. I'm an idiot. The server I was on was using a mod. I was using the Start Playing button, so I didn't even consider it at the time. I just jumped on the GAF server to test it again for myself. I'll leave this up as a monument to my shame.

MONUMENT OF SHAME

(._.)

Banned
It's too late! I already made the roster! I think these teams are fairly balanced. The only issue that might arise is that I think more people on Team 1 use their mic. Tell me what you guys think:

Team 1
Yeef (Scout)
Fallengorn (Soldier)
Yeoz (Pyro)
Spitfire (Demo)
Whoreoleo (Heavy)
Cloudius (Engineer)
Proven (Medic)
Termyte (Sniper)
:HIT:EmptyCanOWupass (Spy)

Team 2
Tenck (Scout)
Air Horn (Soldier)
CoffeeJanitor(Pyro)
Doug Welder (Demo)
Blizzard (Heavy)
Professor Beef (Engineer)
ExMachina (Medic)
BY2K (Sniper)
Metaphorically (Spy)

wee need an invite steam group for highlander ;p

Proven

Also, we gotta decide on the ruleset. What weapons are banned, just the Christmas update?

Pomson thoughts from Star (same guy that had the Spy-cicle vid, probably the best TF2 youtuber right now in terms of channel content): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db9-C9v3shE

My thoughts: When it comes to decreasing Medic's ubers... Not many people have gotten the Pomson, and the only times when I've played against it while as Medic have been while I was using the QuickFix anyway, so I dunno if I want it banned or changed or not. I personally like it how it is, but for the same reason why I didn't mind the original Sandman; I want the game to move away from being so god damn dependent on ubers. Let them be the most powerful thing still, but not the be all end all can't be sure to win without them that they're currently considered. Especially with the way map design is going on these days, there are becoming many more and more ways to pick apart a tight turtle defense other than rushing in with a Demoman ubered to obliterate everything while Soldiers spam artillery fire from the rear. Another reason why I cried after the Battalion's Backup nerf.

As for decreasing Spy cloak, it gives Engineers something other than the Southern Hospitality to help against Spies, and when it comes to spamming it and catching a Spy I see it the same as spamming shotgun shots, or as Soldier spamming rockets around the area, or as Pyro spamming flames and flares. But I have to admit that I might be a little bit biased.

Finally, I like it as it's a soft way to pressure Snipers, like the Flaregun is, and doesn't require me to use the Wrangler. One change I wouldn't mind seeing it get is the ability to be airblast reflected.

Edit:

It's too late! I already made the roster! I think these teams are fairly balanced. The only issue that might arise is that I think more people on Team 1 use their mic. Tell me what you guys think:
Aww..

FWIW, if we ended up on the same team I would be happy to have you as my medic.
Looks like you got your wish, heh.

Javaman

Team 1
Yeef (Scout)
Fallengorn (Soldier)
Yeoz (Pyro)
Spitfire (Demo)
Whoreoleo (Heavy)
Cloudius (Engineer)
Proven (Medic)
Termyte (Sniper)

Team 2
Tenck (Scout)
Air Horn (Soldier)
CoffeeJanitor(Pyro)
Doug Welder (Demo)
Blizzard (Heavy)
ExMachina (Medic)
BY2K (Sniper)
Metaphorically (Spy)

Awesome. What map are you guys playing? I'd love to watch the demos.

Blizzard

Banned
No weapons banned plz, everyone use the most overpowered stuff possible. Heavies will be using natascha or 100% melee GRU fighting, for instance.

Yeef

I'd say just the newest weapons should be banned (pyro and engineer space sets and xmas weapons), just because not everyone has them yet. Other than that, it's all fair game. I also call no random crits.

Awesome. What map are you guys playing? I'd love to watch the demos.
You can just watch on SourceTV while we play! I'll upload the demos afterward too, of course.

As far as maps, I was going to do a pole. I'll only be able to play one or two maps since we're doing a monopod at 9:30. I was thinking Steel, Gorge, Badwater, Upward or any of the other popular-with-everyone maps. I wouldn't mind doing Foundry as well though. I think it's a pretty good map and people that normally hate 5cp seem to like it too.

Also, would you guys prefer doing stopwatch mode or would you just want to stick to regular games. For those that don't know, basically in stopwatch mode the first team to attack sets the target time. For example, if they capture A in 3 minutes then the target for A will be 3 minutes. When teams switch, the new attackers will have to cap 8 in 3 minutes or faster or they'll lose instantly.

Oreoleo

I'd say just the newest weapons should be banned (pyro and engineer space sets and xmas weapons), just because not everyone has them yet. Other than that, it's all fair game. I also call no random crits.

You can just watch on SourceTV while we play! I'll upload the demos afterward too, of course.

As far as maps, I was going to do a pole. I'll only be able to play one or two maps since we're doing a monopod at 9:30. I was thinking Steel, Gorge, Badwater, Upward or any of the other popular-with-everyone maps. I wouldn't mind doing Foundry as well though. I think it's a pretty good map and people that normally hate 5cp seem to like it too.

Also, would you guys prefer doing stopwatch mode or would you just want to stick to regular games. For those that don't know, basically in stopwatch mode the first team to attack sets the target time. For example, if they capture A in 3 minutes then the target for A will be 3 minutes. When teams switch, the new attackers will have to cap 8 in 3 minutes or faster or they'll lose instantly.

Agreed on no random crits.
Gorge and Badwater - Definitely. Though the other maps you mentioned I have no problem with either. Foundry would be interesting since it's still mostly new to everyone.
Nay to stopwatch mode, though I could be persuaded.

Proven

I agree with the weapon bans, since I'm not playing Pyro and would have to give up using the Manmelter.

As for maps, my top votes would be Upward (stopwatch) and Foundry. If we wanted to do a third for tiebreak, I'd give in and say Hightower.

Am sad I missed the sign-up conversation.

Every match needs a token black guy on the mic. :(
This sounds like the most interesting time to reveal that I'm black.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Way to not invite me or message me. jerks
popeyes

Also team 2 wins because I don't know how spitfire is and demo is 80% of the team with Medic the remaining 19%.

popeyes
It's
darnit Hazaro took my answer

i4yQiqFwOjXsv.gif

Tenck

Team 1
Yeef (Scout)
Fallengorn (Soldier)
Yeoz (Pyro)
Spitfire (Demo)
Whoreoleo (Heavy)
Cloudius (Engineer)
Proven (Medic)
Termyte (Sniper)

Team 2
Tenck (Scout)
Air Horn (Soldier)
CoffeeJanitor(Pyro)
Doug Welder (Demo)
Blizzard (Heavy)
ExMachina (Medic)
BY2K (Sniper)
Metaphorically (Spy)

If I can get a mic to work on my laptop, I might just buy one for this event (then never use it again).

So it's 6pm Western time and 8pm Eastern time right?

Tenck

I'm pretty sure it's 5 western.

Wow, that means I have absolutely no time to sleep. I've been up for around 43 hours now, and my eyelids weigh a ton. My parents come home a bit late, so no one can wake me up :/

Guess I'll have to stay strong ;_;

Sianos

Wow, that means I have absolutely no time to sleep. I've been up for around 43 hours now, and my eyelids weigh a ton. My parents come home a bit late, so no one can wake me up :/

Guess I'll have to stay strong ;_;

TF2 is no fun when you're tired, especially for a faster paced class. I get irritated over little things and play very poorly. Treat yourself to some sleep and you'll feel much better.

If only I followed my own advice. Life is too much fun for me to waste time sleeping!

Tenck

Go to sleep and ask for an alternate. It's not worth your health!

I can handle it. I've gone weeks with single digit hours of sleep.

Anyways, this is something I really want to try too. I've always wanted to play Highlander, but when I do it with random people, all I used to get out of them was cuss words and rude comments.

Tenck

Do whatever you want.

But just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Oh I know, but this is the last time I do this (stay up more than 24 hours). Since I've been off since last week from work, just messing around. Next week though, back to my normal schedule.

Team 2 has Professor Beef and BY2K, which are both free in UMVC3. Beef is even more free in SSFIV AE.

Team 2 definitely going down.

FGC shit talking for hyping purposes

Top Bottom