• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

JackEtc said:
You gonna open crates, or trading them?

I opened one crate (Strange pain train :(). Traded 2 of them for items I really wanted (Defiant Spartan, Strange Rocket Launcher). Overpaid a little I suppose, but I wanted the items and didn't want to waste another key. I've got one left that I'll probably trade for another hat I want.

My initial goal was just to get a Strange Rocket Launcher (ended up buying a bunch of keys >_<).

Wendel Clark said:
I opened one crate (Strange pain train :(). Traded 2 of them for items I really wanted (Defiant Spartan, Strange Rocket Launcher). Overpaid a little I suppose, but I wanted the items and didn't want to waste another key. I've got one left that I'll probably trade for another hat I want.

My initial goal was just to get a Strange Rocket Launcher (ended up buying a bunch of keys >_<).
That's right, learn your crate-opening lesson. Then stop doing it until after you have everything you want and just have money to burn.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Let me in!

JDn3Pl.png

Valve really doesn't want me idling tonight. Went to do Sandboxie for my other account and it cleared my password. Tried logging back in with my normal password and it says my account doesn't exist...

Prezhulio

so i need a little help if anyone can....

tried to launch tf2 today, and it kept not launching after hitting play in steam (would say my name as in game for 2 seconds, then turn back to blue and just "online")

i deleted local content and re-downloaded the tf2. same thing still happening. went to google searching for help about team fortress 2 not launching and followed everyone's advice: unchecking synchronize, unchecking in game community, adding -window to launch options, safe mode to launch options. NOTHING is working.

all of my other hl2/source (l4d, l4d2, hl2,ep1&2, portal&portal 2, etc etc) games work fine, but tf2 doesn't. anyone have advice???

Pancakes said:
Let me in!

Heh, I love when I set it to Auto-Join and then the following happens:

1. Get into server
2. CUSTOM MAP!!!
3. 20 minutes spent downloading custom map.
4. DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER. SNAPSHOT OVERLOAD.
5. Check Server List
6. 24/24

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

corn_fest said:
I really hate trying to play on CTF Valve servers. Everyone always votes for 2fort and it lasts forever. It's especially frustrating because every other CTF map is so much better.
I hear you. For a while when I first started playing I loved 2Fort and thought Turbine was "alright," and I didn't even want to look at Doublecross. Now it's completely shifted. I love Turbine as a Heavy and Engineer, and when I play Doublecross I stick solely with Medic, unless we're hurting for Engineers.

Man, I have discovered how fun Pyro is because of you guys. Burn -> mailbox. Feels good! I thought I did a good job on the server today. It was really fun playing differently.

Sianos

Server is either empty or full whenever I go to join, so this was my first time playing on it. Hooray!

Sadly, I didn't bring my a-game tonight. Kept messing up my ambush meatshots as Scout, only really doing well at mid. In hindsight, probably would have been a good time to go Milkman. Ah well, there's always next time.

NSQuote said:
Server is either empty or full whenever I go to join, so this was my first time playing on it. Hooray!

Sadly, I didn't bring my a-game tonight. Kept messing up my ambush meatshots as Scout, only really doing well at mid. In hindsight, probably would have been a good time to go Milkman. Ah well, there's always next time.
It seemed like you were enjoying yourself, at least. Scout is hard for me, too, especially melee. Sensitivity is crazy, but I don't play him enough to warrant lowering it.

I'm trying to think of a theme for my Rimmed Raincatcher's name tag.

Problem is, I can't think of any historical events to tie to it in a clever way.

Any ideas?

Dreams-Visions said:
I'm trying to think of a theme for my Rimmed Raincatcher's name tag.

Problem is, I can't think of any historical events to tie to it in a clever way.

Any ideas?
Name, or description tag? Because all I've got is "rimmed for his pleasure."

Man I was on fire during Cashworks, too bad the power went down and didn't know what the fuck happened in the end. I was gonna axe Artemis' face, then BOOM. Too bad I didn't recorded some really awesome moments, and only managed to take one screenshot.

30BE066F10D742208918A3B75590F692034862FD

And how IRONIC, that my only backstab during Gorge was a facestab.

XeroSauce

Sgt.Pepper said:
Man I was on fire during Cashworks, too bad the power went down and didn't know what the fuck happened in the end. I was gonna axe Artemis' face, then BOOM. Too bad I didn't recorded some really awesome moments, and only managed to take one screenshot.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596946075097744914/30BE066F10D742208918A3B75590F692034862FD/[IMG]

And how IRONIC, that my only backstab during Gorge was a facestab.[/QUOTE]

You just had to take that when I was failing around as Spy because I didn't realize I have the Kunai on. D:

Forkball

Tkawsome said:
Forkball was kicking my ass the whole match but I managed to taunt kill him. I'm pretty proud of that.
I didn't even hear Pyro make a sound, I guess I was distracted. I expected to get backstabbed at some point since SolidSnake was running around freely but I was pretty surprised to see my body on fire.

Yeef said:
I'm hoping for a big patch a week from now. It will add new items, new game modes and nerf certain weapons/classes. It will be grand.
Yeah I hope they do something big too. Celebrating anniversaries that are multiples of five is extremely important! If they nerf weapons, I hope the following items are nerfed: The Enforcer. That is all.

Sianos

dragonlife said:
It seemed like you were enjoying yourself, at least. Scout is hard for me, too, especially melee. Sensitivity is crazy, but I don't play him enough to warrant lowering it.
Yeah, Scout is lots of fun, but can be pretty hard at times.

I was getting good hits on at mid range, but once I went for the finisher meatshot I'd mess up and get a 30 or so, letting my target retaliate and kill me.

Yeef

Forkball said:
Yeah I hope they do something big too. Celebrating anniversaries that are multiples of five is extremely important! If they nerf weapons, I hope the following items are nerfed: The Enforcer. That is all.
Enforcer and Tomislav need nerfs, winger and family business need buffs. lots of melee weapons need to be rebalanced (medic bonesaws, pyro axes, sun on a stick, etc.)

Uriah said:
Some crash fixes/optimization would be nice.
I'd love for them to release a bunch more LOD models for all of the weapons. Then move onto the hats next month.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
This happens more often than I want to admit.

vkzEA.jpg

Forkball said:

I think they need the nerf the Pyro. Such a broken class. They can airblast people and neutralize ubers. I think the cost of airblasting should be increased on all the flamethrowers.

Pancakes said:
This happens more often than I want to admit.

I have the problem of my charge always stopping JUST BEFORE hitting them with my shield... If you don't get the shield hit, that's a ton of damage missed out on, and they usually turn around and slap your shit once you start poking them with the sword, lol.

Narag

Obsessed said:
I think they need the nerf the Pyro. Such a broken class. They can airblast people and neutralize ubers. I think the cost of airblasting should be increased on all the flamethrowers.

200 ammo airblast cost on the backburner, I say.

Yeah, I saw that. I was going to enter the map room, but I saw you doing the taunt (I was a Scout), and a Soldier walked in when I was going to shoot you. I heard a "Awww, what?" on the mic. lol

Is there a Pyro setup that removes the delay/cooldown on Airblast? Came across a dude today, that was constantly airblasting back rockets without any delay.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Obsessed said:
Hah! Knowung Valve, will release an airblast only pyro

moojito

I only have like 5 hours on pyro, but the last time I tried it I spotted some solider on a level below me mid-reload. We stood there staring at one another, then when he finished reloading we stood there a bit longer. I had some kind of morricone sound track in my head then he fired a big glowing crit rocket. I waited, airblasted it right back to him and then ran away cackling. I wish all servers had replays enabled :<

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Chriswok said:
Is there a Pyro setup that removes the delay/cooldown on Airblast? Came across a dude today, that was constantly airblasting back rockets without any delay.

Yea, it's called hacking.

(Assuming he actually was doing it constantly and didn't just have impeccable timing. And is the sprite glitch still around? It makes it look like someone's airblasting constantly but they aren't actually.)

Yeef

Charron said:
Yea, it's called hacking.

(Assuming he actually was doing it constantly and didn't just have impeccable timing. And is the sprite glitch still around? It makes it look like someone's airblasting constantly but they aren't actually.)
No, that was removed long ago.

Some servers with premium features allow for unlimited airblasts.

Blizzard

Banned
I hardly ever have success timing airblasts, even when my ping and the framerate cooperate. Last night I did have one critrocket reflect to blow up fallengorn, however. That made me happy.

JackEtc

Blizzard said:
I hardly ever have success timing airblasts, even when my ping and the framerate cooperate. Last night I did have one critrocket reflect to blow up fallengorn, however. That made me happy.
Yeah, I rarely get one to work.

CF1sg.jpg

im starting to get the airblast down OK..not great... but OK. getting a little confident if im staring down a soldier (on valve servers lol)

Chavelo

Obsessed said:

Nope.avi

first give the poor class more weapons, then we talk about nerfing.

Because... the fucking oldier. That's why.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
t4cPM.jpg

AWWWWWWWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Best was when Artistdude targe charged me only to get a face full of whip! HYAAH!

Fear it:

KnUVE.jpg

JackFrost said:
im starting to get the airblast down OK..not great... but OK. getting a little confident if im staring down a soldier (on valve servers lol)

Not that my post is related to the one I'm quoting, but I've noticed you've been doing fairly well on the GAF servers.

Borgnine said:
Best was when Artistdude targe charged me only to get a face full of whip! HYAAH!

:'( that stung

Though, I still don't get how a crit whip with a -25% dmg debuff killed me when I had near full health :p

Clydefrog

I suffered a neck injury last Friday and have had trouble playing games since :( Sitting at work on the computer sucks enough as it is...

Obsessed said:
Not that my post is related to the one I'm quoting, but I've noticed you've been doing fairly well on the GAF servers.
JackEtc said:
Agreed, he's been improving faster than I am, lol.

thx XD

I enjoy Janky alot better then the usual servers just for the commentary. Also fun to be like the first couple people there to dick around. speaking of the airblasts me and AD88 were goofing off with airblast practice the other night and it helped me getting aim down (though ill doubt ill ever return a arrow in game).

is it mandatory to run sandboxxy for a idle account if the idle account is just for night/not home and not while im playing main?(which i get my drops through regular play, though they shit)

Top Bottom