• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Sgt.Pepper said:
Yeah, I saw that. I was going to enter the map room, but I saw you doing the taunt (I was a Scout), and a Soldier walked in when I was going to shoot you. I heard a "Awww, what?" on the mic. lol
That was me. ;_;

Should've taken a replay of it, but it wouldn't be the same without my reaction.

Blizzard said:
I hardly ever have success timing airblasts, even when my ping and the framerate cooperate. Last night I did have one critrocket reflect to blow up fallengorn, however. That made me happy.
I was hoping it would hit the wood beam in front of me. It did not.

JackFrost said:
I enjoy Janky alot better then the usual servers just for the commentary. Also fun to be like the first couple people there to dick around. speaking of the airblasts me and AD88 were goofing off with airblast practice the other night and it helped me getting aim down (though ill doubt ill ever return a arrow in game).

Heck it's best to not even bother with arrows.

In my almost 70 hours as Pyro, I've gotten maybe 4 kills with an airblasted arrow. And it always from pure luck.

Someone give me some pointers on airblasting ubers. Last time I tried, I just ended up pushing the heavy into the middle of my team and couldn't separate him from the medic, which, as you might guess, didn't really go so well. Should I typically try to push the medic, the uber target, or both?

AcciDante

divisionbyzorro said:
Someone give me some pointers on airblasting ubers. Last time I tried, I just ended up pushing the heavy into the middle of my team and couldn't separate him from the medic, which, as you might guess, didn't really go so well. Should I typically try to push the medic, the uber target, or both?
You just want to get the damage dealer away from your team('s buildings). Blow both of them away, or juts the damage dealer. If you just blow the medic away, they'll lose uber, but they might have time to blow stuff up first.

XeroSauce

divisionbyzorro said:

Either push past the Heavy while he's distracted and separate the Medic, or find a terrain change (cliff, wall) and push them both past there. No point randomly airblasting if you don't have a target in mind (but that can throw off Demomen/Pyros).

Pulka

I just got this in a random drop. Are they anything special?

473px-Hounddog.png

divisionbyzorro said:

I usually try and airblast the Medic, so he gets too far away and his target looses the uber

Pulka said:
I just got this in a random drop. Are they anything special?

http://tf2wiki.net/w/images/thumb/7/74/Hounddog.png/473px-Hounddog.png[img][/QUOTE]
Last time I saw someone trading them, they were worth 3.33 Ref (3 Ref 1 Rec), top tier Heavy hat.

Pulka

Sgt.Pepper said:
Last time I saw someone trading them, they were worth 3.33 Ref (3 Ref 1 Rec), top tier Heavy hat.
Cool. I'm going to paint it gold and look like Duke Nukem. all shall be jelly

Yeef

Grimm Fandango said:
Heck it's best to not even bother with arrows.

In my almost 70 hours as Pyro, I've gotten maybe 4 kills with an airblasted arrow. And it always from pure luck.
Airblasting arrows isn't that hard against most snipers. The trick is to air blast the actual player. You can't fire arrows in the air, so most people will let go of the button while they're airborne which means they'll fire the instant they hit the ground, at which point you reflect it back into their face. I've done it a bunch of times.

I was thinking it'd be pretty funny to air blast a demoknight into a corner then just juggle him there while you're restocked via dispenser. I wonder how long before he'd suicide or quit the server.

Yeef said:
Airblasting arrows isn't that hard against most snipers. The trick is to air blast the actual player. You can't fire arrows in the air, so most people will let go of the button while they're airborne which means they'll fire the instant they hit the ground, at which point you reflect it back into their face. I've done it a bunch of times.

I was thinking it'd be pretty funny to air blast a demoknight into a corner then just juggle him there while you're restocked via dispenser. I wonder how long before he'd suicide or quit the server.

That's actually pretty smart, I'll be sure to try it.

And lol @ the second paragraph. Sounds right up my alley for annoying Demoknights (read: all of them).

Blizzard

Banned
Zerokku said:
When I see a gold/blonde one I always think Johnny Bravo more than I do Duke.
I think I had a screenshot of a heavy with that, maybe even -named- Johnny Bravo, back when it came out.

Yeef said:

If you're close enough to airblast a sniper, you're close enough to just kill him with fire/axetinguisher/whatever. Especially since most/all snipers use the bushwhacka thing which I seem to recall makes them burn even faster.

For demomen, you can charge from midair, right? So, 6-12 seconds until they move onwards.

Was that map contest thingy ever figured out? I've played around in hammer a bit and I think I have it figured out enough to make something at least mildly playable. I think it could still be fun.

Bakphoon

Argh i was just on a stupid server...

Engies had many sentries, teleporters and there were ubers all the time...

I left after a few minutes

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
JackFrost said:
2 weeks in and 0 hat drops...

LOL. You need to set your expectations WAY DOWN. And then kick them and urinate on them.

I've got a little over 1000 hours (including some idling a few years ago) and I've gotten 4.

Pulka

Sgt.Pepper said:
Except for for black/white/team color paints, most of them go for 1-2 reclaimed.
Gold goes for one refined on tf2tp.com, the rest (except for Team Spirit) go for a scrap.

Javaman

Sgt.Pepper said:
Who was that I taunt killed in Lakeside? I forgot. But man, I did have a good laugh.

That was quite amusing. I was following him healing at the time while mopping up the rest of your team. Totally didn't expect that.

Clydefrog said:
I suffered a neck injury last Friday and have had trouble playing games since :( Sitting at work on the computer sucks enough as it is...

Damn Clyde, that sucks. I hope you feel better soon . :eek:(

DarkKyo

Sweet I also just got a drill sergeant's hat earlier.. I was pumped because I rarely ever get hat drops. Can't even remember the last one on my main account.

Professor Beef said:
I did the same, and I haven't gotten any hats.
1a29i.gif
Did you upgrade to Premium? Because I think that you can't find them as random drops if you're a free account (to at least somewhat curtail idling).

JackEtc

WOW. I just had an amazing game (with JackFrost being a great medic for me :D) with rocket reflects, got my first single rocket double kill, and then like 3 reflect kills in one life.

One replay saves, and the other won't download. I go to play the replay, and I get "Replay Failed To Load See Console For More Details".

Fuck.

Oreoleo

Kuro Madoushi said:
so i'm idlin...and someone joins my game...WHO JOINS AN IDLER'S GAME?! AND WHO JOINS IT AS A SNIPER?!

You hosted a local server? This amuses me. What could he have thought. Hmmm, 150-250 ping and 1/24 players. What could go wrong?!

yeoz

Orellio said:
You hosted a local server? This amuses me. What could he have thought. Hmmm, 150-250 ping and 1/24 players. What could go wrong?!
I get lots of random people joining my idle server. I dunno why. I think most quit after seeing the wall of ye#z spectators though.

Top Bottom