• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Join the club.

ygpm.

Here is an entirely hypothetical scenario:

1) steal a credit card
2) use stolen credit card to unlock a f2p account and buy tons of keys
3) unbox as many crates as possible
4) since the keys are not tradeable until after a few days, the resultant uncrates are not immediately tradeable either; so any unusuals recieved this way will not be immediately tradeable
5) obtain gift wrap for any unusuals
6) gift wrap*, trade and sell untradeable unusuals to unsuspecting victims, before valve cancels the fraudulent transactions

[*] I don't know if gift-wrap gets around the restriction, since I've never actually tried this.
ooooooooooooh

and yes, Gift Wrap is used to get around the restriction. I always thought that items uncrated with time-locked keys were still tradeable immediately, though. Interesting.

Yeef

ygpm.

ooooooooooooh

and yes, Gift Wrap is used to get around the restriction. I always thought that items uncrated with time-locked keys were still tradeable immediately, though. Interesting.
Unless it's changed recently, they are. When I set up my idlers I just bought keys on them, traded crates to them to open then took what came out back on my main account. No waiting necessary.

Unless it's changed recently, they are. When I set up my idlers I just bought keys on them, traded crates to them to open then took what came out back on my main account. No waiting necessary.

I thought so. I could have sworn I uncrated some random stranges a couple of months ago with store-bought keys and traded them immediately.

So I guess the question still remains.

rezuth

Here is an entirely hypothetical scenario:

1) steal a credit card
2) use stolen credit card to unlock a f2p account and buy tons of keys
3) unbox as many crates as possible
4) since the keys are not tradeable until after a few days, the resultant uncrates are not immediately tradeable either; so any unusuals recieved this way will not be immediately tradeable
5) obtain gift wrap for any unusuals
6) gift wrap*, trade and sell untradeable unusuals to unsuspecting victims, before valve cancels the fraudulent transactions

[*] I don't know if gift-wrap gets around the restriction, since I've never actually tried this.
I'm pretty certain you can trade keys instantly now.

Clydefrog

I get this as a death screen.

HcZsp.jpg

you guys still listen to music radio? mind blown.

the only station my radio ever gets tuned to is NPR and talk radio. Playola has again taken over music radio, as you are all apparently keenly aware.

Forkball

Hey it's full moon time, you can wear those Halloween costumes everyone forgot about today.

[edit] Also there's apparently a scrap bank bot. If only the Steam trading backpack didn't suck and make you accidentally trade older weapons that you painstakingly organized in your backpack.

Yeef

If only the Steam trading backpack didn't suck and make you accidentally trade older weapons that you painstakingly organized in your backpack.
You really have to be a moron to do that. The steam inventory sorts by date acquired. So the items at the end are the newest. That's not very hard to deduce in like 3 seconds.

You really have to be a moron to do that. The steam inventory sorts by date acquired. So the items at the end are the newest. That's not very hard to deduce in like 3 seconds.

it sometimes doesn't act correctly. Just yesterday, it was refusing to show my newly acquired items, showing only my earlier acquired items. In other words, there were items I had *2* of. Instead of showing both items with the newest acquisition to the right of the earliest acquisition, it showed only one listing.

Fortunately, it was just with same-level weapons, so it didn't matter, but yea...it's not always fool-proof.

Yeef

hl2.exe has stopped working :(

I'll never know if we won that round now or not.

Edit: And now it's full?!?! Mega :(
We lost because in a 6v6 match two players on the opposite team decided to play the most balanced class of all: Heavy. By the time we got our act together the server had filled and they actually had real defenses.

Blizzard

Banned
We lost because in a 6v6 match two players on the opposite team decided to play the most balanced class of all: Heavy. By the time we got our act together the server had filled and they actually had real defenses.
LITTLE MEN STEAL OUR KART!

Yeef

I was playing some random matchmaking server and dominating and then Yeoz joined and pocketed me, which only made me dominate more. Then i switched from Soldier to Scout and Yeoz left me (the server was set to like 50 high tower rounds and we had played like 5).

Anyway, the point is, after he left, I had fun messing with bad players, perhaps more than I should have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-P4032jI_Q&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZD8TB2uHcw&hd=1

haha god damn

Top Bottom