• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Ugh. Haven't picked it up yet and that's not what I want to hear. Maybe I'll need to sully myself with a console version.

Well my rig is good (i5-2500k, HD 6850, 4GB RAM) and it's mostly 60 FPS but the game does stutter from time to time. DX11 mode is bad though as the framerate drops massively. But the game still runs nice for the most part.

I can only really play on the Jank. I try to find other good servers but never do, because other servers are too full of idiots and/or shitty plugins. My blacklist is probably blocking over 1000 servers...

Yeef

I can only really play on the Jank. I try to find other good servers but never do, because other servers are too full of idiots and/or shitty plugins. My blacklist is probably blocking over 1000 servers...
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

hlds mailing list said:
Today the Team Fortress team took action to bring certain server operators into compliance with our previously announced "honest server policy". Examples of server modifications that resulted in this policy include:
* Running bots and trying to make them appear that they were human players
* Running bots and circumventing or modifying the usual mechanisms that the bots are advertised to the server browser
* Running with significant gameplay modifications, such as respawn times, without having the proper tags on their server designed to alert quickplay and automated searches about those modifications.

We have not taken action against individual servers, but rather against an entire related server group. Hopefully the necessity for this policy is clear. We took two different actions, depending on the severity of modification we found:
* Preventing IP addresses from logging a TF gameserver account, which excludes them from quickplay.
* Delisting IP addresses from the master server (server browser and Quick Match system) for one month.

Finally, we would like to say thanks to the server operators who have continued to run honest servers, and to those who heeded our earlier warning and subsequently changed their practices. We thank you for that. We hope that our actions today show that we want to help you compete for player traffic on the basis of providing a good environment for players.

Thank you,
The Team Fortress Team
(This is from yesterday, but I just saw it earlier today).

Grinchy

Banned
ProTF2, Skial, and Lotusclan are screwed!

Man that's such a good thing. I would get so annoyed by people faking shit on the server list. I can't believe it has gone on for this long.

Firebrand

Tried for awhile to get on the ukcs ones but no luck and I was too stupid to be able to find the others ;(

I need to play more Harvest, I like that map.

Yeah, sorry, it'd probably be more helpful if I listed the actual IP addresses:

Code:
Uberium: 81.19.222.34:27015
HH1:     31.132.2.140:27015
HH2:     31.132.2.140:27025
HH3:     31.132.2.140:27035

Some stuff was getting kind of hot and heavy in the two Ron Paul threads for some people. Might be related. RIP Speculawyer... I doubt its perma.

I'm actually amazed I made it out of those alive.

Some stuff was getting kind of hot and heavy in the two Ron Paul threads for some people. Might be related. RIP Speculawyer... I doubt its perma.

I'm actually amazed I made it out of those alive.

yea, I quickly learned with the Ron Paul threads, it's better to do drive-by postings rather than stay and converse with the crazies.

Blizzard

Banned
Technically he used a custom laughing smiley in one post, and at one point after grinning and laughing smilies were disabled, I think people who used them anyway were getting banned. No idea if that's the reason though.

Does he still play TF2 these days?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Technically he used a custom laughing smiley in one post, and at one point after grinning and laughing smilies were disabled, I think people who used them anyway were getting banned. No idea if that's the reason though.

Does he still play TF2 these days?

Poorly, yes.

Those are only bans depending on the context. I've been using the laughing smiley ever since Andrex made the add-on for Chrome, and I haven't been banned for using it.

Clydefrog

That's what I said.

lol_zpsadb46354.gif

Alienups

Got an unusual today. Figured that i made a good deal only to find out later it's gifted aka i overpayed

Shouldn't have rushed it, was having a pretty intense game at the moment

balls

Got an unusual today. Figured that i made a good deal only to find out later it's gifted aka i overpayed

Shouldn't have rushed it, was having a pretty intense game at the moment

balls

how does an Unusual end up with a "Gifted" tag? Was it a Halloween unbox that was traded before the official tradeable date?

oh, and congrats on the hat either way.

yeoz

how does an Unusual end up with a "Gifted" tag? Was it a Halloween unbox that was traded before the official tradeable date?

oh, and congrats on the hat either way.
Here is an entirely hypothetical scenario:

1) steal a credit card
2) use stolen credit card to unlock a f2p account and buy tons of keys
3) unbox as many crates as possible
4) since the keys are not tradeable until after a few days, the resultant uncrates are not immediately tradeable either; so any unusuals recieved this way will not be immediately tradeable
5) obtain gift wrap for any unusuals
6) gift wrap*, trade and sell untradeable unusuals to unsuspecting victims, before valve cancels the fraudulent transactions

[*] I don't know if gift-wrap gets around the restriction, since I've never actually tried this.

Top Bottom