• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

As an Engineer player. Short Circuit needs some buffs, it is pretty useless otherwise, apart from protecting to half-assed demo spam.

It would be a lot better with faster weapon switch, and lower metal requirements. It would say 25 metal is good, 35 is too much for what it does. Widowmaker uses 30 metal, and it is amazing if you know how to again.
If you're on a dispenser/cart the short circuit is great. I think it's fine as it is. It's meant to be a defensive weapon like the homewrecker. If you lower the metal cost too much it'd encourage people to use it offensively.
Also, it's overpowered in Saxton Hale.

It would be better next to cart/dispenser if the fire rate were a teenie bit faster. :p

Wow, I typed again instead of aim. Someone slap me.

Yeef

It would be better next to cart/dispenser if the fire rate were a teenie bit faster. :p

Wow, I typed again instead of aim. Someone slap me.
It fires the same speed as every rocket launcher. The demo's weapons fire slightly faster, but the demo is supposed to be the engineer's counter anyway, so them's the breaks.

Clydefrog

rocket launcher.

C3HSg.jpg

Proven

The Short Circuit is an airblast that destroys rather than pushes stickies. The only thing you can do to make it any better is have it act as a 1 second shield rather than a small timing window, and that'd be overpowered.

Heavies may be easy mode, but they're the Rock that starts off the weighted Rock, Paper, Scissors, Assassin part of the game. What I'm finding nice about the game is that with all the different items, if you have enough teamwork rather then instead of changing class all you have to do is change loadouts. I definitely wish to see more Scouts using Bonk to help with sentries.

Of course, the necessary teamwork aspect makes me eventually get bored of the new loadout, refuse to change class, and just quit before I get completely tired of bashing my head against a wall. For one example, I'm trying my best not to end up like Fallengorn and doing Buff Banner only, but the other flags require much more teamwork (for much more unbelievable moments, like the time I saw a Pyro able to flame down an overhealed heavy thanks to the Backup).

I'm still waiting to have a great moment with the Conch like I have had with the other two flags.

Yeef

The Short Circuit is an airblast that destroys rather than pushes stickies. The only thing you can do to make it any better is have it act as a 1 second shield rather than a small timing window, and that'd be overpowered.

Heavies may be easy mode, but they're the Rock that starts off the weighted Rock, Paper, Scissors, Assassin part of the game. What I'm finding nice about the game is that with all the different items, if you have enough teamwork rather then instead of changing class all you have to do is change loadouts. I definitely wish to see more Scouts using Bonk to help with sentries.

Of course, the necessary teamwork aspect makes me eventually get bored of the new loadout, refuse to change class, and just quit before I get completely tired of bashing my head against a wall. For one example, I'm trying my best not to end up like Fallengorn and doing Buff Banner only, but the other flags require much more teamwork (for much more unbelievable moments, like the time I saw a Pyro able to flame down an overhealed heavy thanks to the Backup).

I'm still waiting to have a great moment with the Conch like I have had with the other two flags.
Shotguns are better than banners. If you're going to go with a non-weapon secondary, gunboats are the best (though on some maps they're not that useful). Anyone who says otherwise is in the pocket of big banner and can't be trusted!

Also, I honestly think soldier is a better starting class than heavy. Because soldier is relatively easy to play, but has lots of room for improvement and has skills that translate well to other classes.

Lastly, I always feel bad playing on Valve Servers.

Chesskid1

Banned
used tf2wh for the first time. traded all my metal for a genuine pip boy and a strange festive medi gun.

not really sure if i got ripped off, but i know if i did it wasn't bad. i'm not really into trading at all because i don't really know what i want and the time it takes for a trade. pretty nice to just look through the classes, and find something i want to buy. what a great service, i wouldn't really be trading much otherwise.

also, is strange/festive stuff expected to go up or down in the future? i bought it to use, but i would like to know anyways.

Shotguns are better than banners. If you're going to go with a non-weapon secondary, gunboats are the best (though on some maps they're not that useful). Anyone who says otherwise is in the pocket of big banner and can't be trusted!

Also, I honestly think soldier is a better starting class than heavy. Because soldier is relatively easy to play, but has lots of room for improvement and has skills that translate well to other classes.

Lastly, I always feel bad playing on Valve Servers.

Soldier is definitely better for learning than Heavy. Heavy has a low learning curve but also a very low ceiling. Very few skills you gain from playing heavy can be applied to other classes. None, really. And yea, it's hard to take off the gunboats. I need to do it more often, though. I've died too many times trying to reload a RL when switching to a shotty probably would have finished the job.

used tf2wh for the first time. traded all my metal for a genuine pip boy and a strange festive medi gun.

not really sure if i got ripped off, but i know if i did it wasn't bad. i'm not really into trading at all because i don't really know what i want and the time it takes for a trade. what a great service, i wouldn't really be trading otherwise.

you didn't. they sell at market value. it probably would have been difficult to get the medigun for less, though you might have found a pip boy for a little cheaper. but then one has to ask themselves how much their time is worth. spending 30 minutes to save $0.60 is probably doing life wrong.

I use Buff Banner, mostly on Payload maps. The Soldier can still alive pretty damn long, with his high health, great damage output, and ease of escape through rocket jumps/Equalizer. It makes building Rage none too difficult. I've helped blow through many offenses and defenses with the right amount of teammates and timing for the Buff Banner bugle call. But you definitely need the OG rocket launcher if you do it. You need the splash damage and every single rocket, because you don't have a shotgun to fall back on.

I demand compensation for that bullshit in Gravelpit. >=(

I made a lot of effort to get RED off B. Also, Fallengorn is still crit hacking, ban him!!!

Acerac

Banned
Is that the first time you'd played it? I actually think it's the best of the 5cp maps when half the blue team isn't going for the Classassin achievement :D

I've played it a few times and have always disliked it, but this is the first time I've managed to straight out loathe it.

Gullywash, Freight, Yukon, Coldfront, hell, even 5gorge seem preferable.

Also, screw everyone who sabotaged the vote before you left, we could have had another decent round or two!

Proven

Honestly, I really like Foundry. I feel like it's an ideal map for big team battles. There are at least three fully separate routes to any point from either side. The only real big flaw I've seen in the map will not be told by me. I've never had an unfun game on Foundry (although it's also because the only servers that have I have played Foundry on have alltalk).

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Honestly, I really like Foundry. I feel like it's an ideal map for big team battles.

Which is why anyone playing it with small teams will hate it. Or anyone who requires constant high-octane combat excitement. Or anyone without taste.

Proven

Which is why anyone playing it with small teams will hate it. Or anyone who requires constant high-octane combat excitement. Or anyone without taste.

I don't know about you, but Foundry is always high octane for me. The map also might make it into 6v6 rotations next season, depending on how they deal with the one big problem the map has (may just leave it as is and run it anyway). The number one good thing I've heard from any 6s players is that the map is much less stalemate-y.The map is open enough that it's easy to rocket/sticky jump around without bumping into something every five seconds. And seriously, the map gives decent high ground advantage to the team attacking the second or last point, rather than defending.

Or, are you just getting lost? You poor soul.

Will hitting an ubered heavy in the back with the Holiday Punch immobilize them for the duration of the uber?
I doubt it. The description on its effects make it seem like it has to actually do "damage" for it to work.

Alienups

It does work on an uber and yes, it basically ruins it. An Uber last for 8 seconds and the laugh taunt lasts 5 to 6-ish seconds i reckon.

Getting the hit in is hard but when you do it's guaranteed rage/lols

Top Bottom