• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef, the stat pages is messed up again. I'm not in Armenia!

Unless my internet goes all the way there and comes back. Should explain my shitty ping.

Fun matches. Such a challenge playing matches with you guys.

yep, these tf2 mofos eat, breath and shit tf2, use a backburner and watch them run backwards (while shooting you) and even go up curved stairs without a sweat.
I swear I am gonna send you all some dope for you to use before a game to see if finally I can be a dominant player for once. not funny gaf not funny Y U NOT MAKE MISTAKES?!

Yeef

I made a couple of nice airshots tonight, but I don't think I saved any of the replays. I DID save the replay of me denying Whoreoleo his picnic though.

Oreoleo

I made a couple of nice airshots tonight, but I don't think I saved any of the replays. I DID save the replay of me denying Whoreoleo his picnic though.

LOL shit like that is why I don't think sandvich needs to be nerfed. In the heat of battle even throwing it on the ground can take a long, long time.

Replay of Javaman elite medic skills incoming, btw.

Edit: double negative herp a derp.

LOL shit like that is why I don't think sandvich doesn't need to be nerfed. In the heat of battle even throwing it on the ground can take a long, long time.

Trying to switch to sandvich and throwing it on the ground take AGES after spinning up :/
Was trying to throw one toward Yeef.

Clydefrog

I embarrassed myself on Nucleus. Goddamn i need to learn how to compensate for lag.

No you don't. Just don't play on a server with high ping! F you jank and your 60-80 ping! I prefer the server where I have 8-16 ping. It's just a coincidence that server has the same name as a local sex shop.

Don't play Bit.Trip.Runner or Super Meat Boy if you don't want to feel worse.

Just looking at my stats, and I am still in fourth place in time spent on the server even with my lower attendance due to winter break and moving. Should be back again in another week or two.

Played Meat Boy on my roommates 360 (where he has no friends to compare it to) and Bit.Trip.Runner on my 3ds (which I also have no friends to compare it to).

So I'm good!

Yeef

It's really good, but really situational. The loss of the airblast really sucks, but the ability to cockblock a capture with the Oomph taunt is pretty nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0_fjHB4Ug

Personally, I think the phlogistinator is pretty terrible. It'd be a lot better if either switching weapons while in crit mode stopped the meter from draining or you got a small speed boost while mmmphed. As it is now, losing airblasts isn't really worth it at all.

Personally, I think the phlogistinator is pretty terrible. It'd be a lot better if either switching weapons while in crit mode stopped the meter from draining or you got a small speed boost while mmmphed. As it is now, losing airblasts isn't really worth it at all.

It's probably the best flamethrower to use on Harvest. :)

NBtoaster

But with it it's easy to do stuff like this all the time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXpnYHQJrn8

I usually dont need any more speed, just activate it in the face of a bunch of enemies, they will uselessly attack instead of running, and then it's all over for them. Taking out medic/heavy combos is really simple too.

It's weird when someone on your friends list is checking your backpack and offering stuff for your buds :x

I'll give you a 50% valve coupon for 'em.

You look nothing like how I imagined yeef. I thought you'd look more... bear-y.

Yeef

But with it it's easy to do stuff like this all the time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXpnYHQJrn8

I usually dont need any more speed, just activate it in the face of a bunch of enemies, they will uselessly attack instead of running, and then it's all over for them. Taking out medic/heavy combos is really simple too.
Sounds like you're playing against bad players and/or people who don't realize the damage reduction is there. It's really easy for soldiers and demos to shut you down even when you're crit boosted.

Also, blah blah, Goldrush is an awful, cramped map.

Yeef

Steel is awesome. Lots of flanking routes and potential sneak-E capturing. Not good for explosive jumping, but other than that it's pretty open.

Blizzard

Banned
Not nearly as bad as Steel. Why on earth does anyone ever vote for Steel?
I like it because it's compact, does not cause any class to have too far to run to the fight (in theory), has at least two routes to every capture point besides A, has at least two ways to win at every point in the map besides E, and in general is not IMPOSSIBLE to capture on any given point, though some can be tough. I think every role should be able to be useful in the map, as well...possibly at every point, even.

Also, I still don't have any fancy new weapons. I want the new flamethrower or something. ;( Are they still non-drop, and lottery crafting?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Combat in Steel just feels terrible to me. The entire thing seems like a claustrophobic choke point, even after I know the map layout. Very little ability to flank.

Blizzard

Banned
Combat in Steel just feels terrible to me. The entire thing seems like a claustrophobic choke point, even after I know the map layout. Very little ability to flank.
I honestly just don't really understand this. A can be attacked from the hill or flanked around the other side. B can be attacked from the front, sniped from the ledge, and flanked through the A->E route (I love going this route as a ninja heavy). C can be bombed from below, rocketed and sniped from the ledge, and flanked from the D side (ledge or bridge). D can be attacked from the front, flanked through E, and flanked from C. While these other points are being captured, E can be attacked from 4 different entrances.

I assume you know about jumping off the ledge outside between D and E and getting to the route that goes to the stairs or C, also.

Another good thing about steel: If it's an even round, it still ends after the time runs out (contrast hightower though we now in theory have the 30 minute rule). If it's a stomp, it ends early, no need to go through the other points. It can also even end early if you win, though it is very frustrating when people go for E refusing to listen to their teammates, and never get any points at all.

Yeef

• At A you can't flank (barring the pyro door glitch).
  • At B on offense you can go around through A to flank. Likewise on defense. Going around through A down the hallway to B generally catches BLU off-guard.
  • At C on offense you can flank through D. On Defense, the same. You can also jump up the rocks to get from C to B as any class. If they're not built up at the gate, that generally catches people off guard. You can also head through the basement back to B.
  • At D, on offense, you can flank via C. On defense, since the bridge is up, you can go around through E or, if you're a soldier or demo, head back to B and rocket jump up to the A hallway.
  • Once D is captured, most people go to E through D so there tends to be less resistance going through the C exit and then attacking either through the basement, the B->C hallway or hopping up the rocks and cutting them off at B.

Steel is great.

I like it because it's compact, does not cause any class to have too far to run to the fight (in theory), has at least two routes to every capture point besides A, has at least two ways to win at every point in the map besides E, and in general is not IMPOSSIBLE to capture on any given point, though some can be tough. I think every role should be able to be useful in the map, as well...possibly at every point, even.

Also, I still don't have any fancy new weapons. I want the new flamethrower or something. ;( Are they still non-drop, and lottery crafting?

Gordbort or whatever weapons drop.

Also steel is like one of the best maps in the game. I don't know what some of you guys are smoking.

Yeef

smh @ not standing on the point to defend it
Happens all the time. Idiots are too obsessed with wanting to live and ignore the fact that if you lose you'll killed during humiliation anyway.

I still remember the one Gorge match where there were like 7 BLU players on the first point and it was a hair away from being captured. I rushed in as a scout to block the cap, managed to get a kill or two before dying, but it gave my team the time they needed to rush in and destroy BLU. We ended up winning that round without them ever capping the first point.

Proven

Hey guys, NeoGAF isn't like Steam, right? So why is some not bear posting as Yeef?

Phlogistinator is fun, but it's flank only. I'm always running into people using it while I'm Soldier or Pyro and when that happens I just don't lose. You have complete control over their movements and it's not like current Backburner Pyros where they'll airblast to throw you off guard (and then are surprised that I even accounted for that). Then again, the best way to play Pyro even without the Phlogistinator is to get in from behind and do your best to burst damage them as much as a Scout/Demoknight/Spy would.

I like the Manmelter though. I kind of wish that it could pierce through enemies.

Other servers make me realize just how far I've come in TF2, especially as Pyro and at times Medic. GAF server makes me feel like a mere mortal, and it sucks.

Steel is great, my only problem with it is that some of the flank routes take a good amount of time to walk to. And because defense has their spawn change all of the time, I haven't been able to really try any creative teleport placements. However, thinking about it now has made me realize how easy it is to actually solve. Next time I'll build an entrance at the B spawn exit while we're still defending A, and if we lose B I'll build it somewhere around D or the D-E tunnel. As for the exit, you'll have to wait and see.

My other problem with Steel is that unless you airblast like a god the hallways make it feel like Pyro is at a disadvantage. My best streaks have been on B without having to airblast much, and C when my airblasts are up to snuff. And after playing Steel a while it makes me miss Junction.

Maybe I shouldn't be admin. There are a lot of "shitty" maps I have a fondness over for one reason or another that I'll never be able to show off solo.

It's weird when someone on your friends list is checking your backpack and offering stuff for your buds :x
And you still haven't messaged me for your weapon!

When I got backstabbed by a gorgeous woman, I don't feel super rage because my team doesn't know how to spy check and fall for the shittiest Spy trick in the game, walking with DR on to a crowd and people think it is dead.

Blizzard

Banned
I've had a picture up forever -- people just don't realize that orange paper dinosaurs exist in real life.

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to reach the keyboard with these stubby arms, by the way.

Tenck

When I got backstabbed by a gorgeous woman, I don't feel super rage because my team doesn't know how to spy check and fall for the shittiest Spy trick in the game, walking with DR on to a crowd and people think it is dead.

I think people just can't bother with a Spy and his awesome damage resistance. If a Spy is just asking for it on the opposing team, I'll go Pyro. But other than that, I let them come to me.

I think people just can't bother with a Spy and his awesome damage resistance. If a Spy is just asking for it on the opposing team, I'll go Pyro. But other than that, I let them come to me.

Not when there are like 3 Pyros and your team, and my jarate is the only thing stopping the spy from killing my teammates with impunity.

Which is what pisses me so much. At least is less aggravating than pyros that don't put you out.

Tenck

Not when there are like 3 Pyros and your team, and my jarate is the only thing stopping the spy from killing my teammates with impunity.

Which is what pisses me so much. At least is less aggravating than pyros that don't put you out.

Reminds me of Dustbowl with Yeef. His Pyros were doing such a great job at letting me dominate him. I think some of us Spies have some agreement with Pyros none of us are aware of. Some of the Pyros let me have all the fun in the world!

Sianos

Yeah, last night you were one of the few spychecking. That bushwhacka makes it hard for me to try and sidestab.

The majority of the recent Pyro brigade is only ever a problem if I get caught in the crossfire or they're crowded around an important target. It's easy to sneak away even without the spycicle, and leading Pyro's into sentries is hilarious.

I try to stay out of view rather than rely on disguises: the DR is a safety net for when shit hits the fan and occasionally a six second invisibility to get into position. Disguises come in handy for when I'm going in for the kill and when I'm surveying enemy positionings.

Jumping onto some crates or a doorframe and watching people attempt to find me before dropping down for a chainstab is immensely satisfying.

Tenck

Yeah, last night you were one of the few spychecking. That bushwhacka makes it hard for me to try and sidestab.

The majority of the recent Pyro brigade is only ever a problem if I get caught in the crossfire or they're crowded around an important target. It's easy to sneak away even without the spycicle, and leading Pyro's into sentries is hilarious.

I try to stay out of view rather than rely on disguises: the DR is a safety net for when shit hits the fan and occasionally a six second invisibility to get into position. Disguises come in handy for when I'm going in for the kill and when I'm surveying enemy positionings.

Jumping onto some crates or a doorframe and watching people attempt to find me before dropping down for a chainstab is immensely satisfying.

So you're still with us. Glad to hear this. Hopefully today I can stay for more than half an hour to wield my knife!

Proven

Pfft. The real GAF Pyro brigade haven't been on the server much playing Pyro. Compared to us, they're just embarrassing. I'll show some respect the first time one of them airblasts a Spy a split second before he would have gotten a backstab.

Top Bottom