• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Or, are you just getting lost? You poor soul.

No, but everyone else bloody well is, especially pubbing. Place needs more arrows!

But regardless of its actual size it certainly feels a lot bigger than other maps, probably because of all the vertical you get. Even with your standard TF2 map being largely outdoors, there's rarely anything to draw your visual attention upwards, so the ceiling feels a lot lower. Foundry, there's action if not just decoration at so many vertical levels that you're made aware of them all.

Blizzard

Banned
It does work on an uber and yes, it basically ruins it. An Uber last for 8 seconds and the laugh taunt lasts 5 to 6-ish seconds i reckon.

Getting the hit in is hard but when you do it's guaranteed rage/lols
So it's the new scout baseball uber tactic huh... (I still don't have the heavy holiday gloves) Surely they'll get rid of that since they got rid of the baseball one?

Yeef

So it's the new scout baseball uber tactic huh... (I still don't have the heavy holiday gloves) Surely they'll get rid of that since they got rid of the baseball one?
Nope. Unlike the Sandman (and much like the huntsman taunt) it's a close range attack, so it's high risk/high reward. They'll keep it in.

Forkball

I'm definitely trying the uber laugh counter if I'm ever in that situation.

Also can you believe that Raid Mode is this year? CAN YOU?

Yeef

Made some changes to the server:
  • Increased High Tower's map time limit from 30 minutes to 35 minutes, but also set it to end immediately when map time runs out.
  • Added Fun Commands X.
  • Added SourceMod Anti-Cheat
  • Added New Admins:
    • Metaphorically
    • Whoreoleo
    • Proven
    • Yeoz
    • AcciDante
    • SgtPepper
  • Changed some things with map ratings:
    • Map Rating no longer happens during the game, only at the end of the map (you have to hit TAB to see it since the scoreboard hides it)
    • Increased 'chat time' (end of map time) from 10 seconds to 15 seconds to give people time to rate maps.
    • There's no longer the option to dismiss rating a map (if you don't want to rate you can just ignore the vote or hit 0 for exit)
    • All old ratings have been deleted.
  • Reduced the number of custom maps that are eligible to come up in a vote withotu being nominated
  • Reduced the number of recently played maps that won't come up in a vote from 10 to 7.

New Admins: bind something to sm_admin and go nuts.

Fun Fact: We're now at 25 admins total, so if we were organized we could have an ALL ADMIN game with 1 sub.

Also, I'm considering an experiment: setting the server to enable quickplay from 5am through 5pm (eastern). That way the server is (potentially) full for people who want to hop in during the day, but won't have randoms taking up precious spots during our Special Time™. What say you, GAF?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
  • Map Rating no longer happens during the game, only at the end of the map (you have to hit TAB to see it since the scoreboard hides it)

Sooooo no one's going to be voting for maps anymore. :p

Also, I'm considering an experiment: setting the server to enable quickplay from 5am through 5pm (eastern). That way the server is (potentially) full for people who want to hop in during the day, but won't have randoms taking up precious spots during our Special Time™. What say you, GAF?

Sounds good. Get more bang out of your buck.

Proven

2013 confirmed.
Came to post this.

Wait, I'm an admin now? I'm scared. Of myself.

I'd be for the quickplay during day stuff. For now, I'm going to try the out the mods.

No, but everyone else bloody well is, especially pubbing. Place needs more arrows!

But regardless of its actual size it certainly feels a lot bigger than other maps, probably because of all the vertical you get. Even with your standard TF2 map being largely outdoors, there's rarely anything to draw your visual attention upwards, so the ceiling feels a lot lower. Foundry, there's action if not just decoration at so many vertical levels that you're made aware of them all.
Things will get better. I promise.

Yeef

Blizzard

Banned
Made some changes to the server:
  • Increased High Tower's map time limit from 30 minutes to 35 minutes, but also set it to end immediately when map time runs out.

INCREASE THE MAP TI-oh it ends immediately. Well that's better than nothing. If it ended immediately after 22 minutes it'd be perfect, but this is an improvement at least! =D

Blizzard

Banned
Slap me Accidante! DO IT!

Can we make annoucements? That's the only thing I care about. And skipping shitty maps like dustbowl.
This works great as long as you don't switch to a map that another admin considers terrible, at which point they can switch it back to the first map, at which point you skip the map, at which point they switch it back, at which point you both engage in a contest about who can kick each other the most etc. etc.

I don't think I hate an official TF2 map as much as I hate Hightower. I'd even take 2Fort

I always go to Valve CTF maps that start with 2Fort for a few reasons:

1) It lets me get a full session of Turbine no matter what
2) It lets me know how smart the players on both sides are
3) It lets me practice with whatever class I feel rusty with

I try to mind my own business and play some bejeweled poker and then it's all like oh here's the scoreboard to show HOW MUCH YOU SUCK!

Don't play Bit.Trip.Runner or Super Meat Boy if you don't want to feel worse.

Just looking at my stats, and I am still in fourth place in time spent on the server even with my lower attendance due to winter break and moving. Should be back again in another week or two.

Sianos

While it feels great when you successfully fool the entire enemy team, a lot of times overanalyzing the situation gets you killed. Usually if you are trying too hard to blend in you stick out (ex: no one falls for the "I'M A SCOUT LOOK AT ME JUMP", it just makes you look like a spy).

You can't "try " to act natural, you just have to be.

Top Bottom