• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sianos

Premium upgraded user here: 200 hours of play, no hat drops.

Ah well, I get 1.5 reclaimed worth of scrappable weapons a week, so I should have enough for my next Polycount hat in a month. Then I shall only be 78% poor and Irish! :p

sixghost

Is Big Earner/DR a good knife-watch combo for a spy? I've been trying it out the past couple days and it seems really fun so far. I find using manual disguises too much fun to use YER.

The basic idea is to use a disguise+DR to get in behind, then use the cloak pickups from the backstab victim's weapon and the +35 cloak bonus on kill from the Big Earner to immediately DR again to escape if I'm in a crowd.

Salsa

HEY GUYS LETS SHOW THE PRE-ORDER ITEMS 4 DAYS BEFORE RELEASE SO THOSE WHO PRE-ORDERED ELSEWHERE CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES

;___________;

barnone said:
I could use that green man gaming key right about now.

im guessing you need to have the game pre-ordered on steam, not activate the key.

SalsaShark said:
HEY GUYS LETS SHOW THE PRE-ORDER ITEMS 4 DAYS BEFORE RELEASE SO THOSE WHO PRE-ORDERED ELSEWHERE CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES

;___________;

Seriously, I waited until this week to take the GMG offer just to see if they were going to add stuff. I feel like that simpsons gif of Ross Perot punching his hat right now lol.

TheDancingWatermelon said:
Seriously, I waited until this week to take the GMG offer just to see if they were going to add stuff. I feel like that simpsons gif of Ross Perot punching his hat right now lol.

;_- fuck you green man gaming =(

Are they only for preorders? I was hoping they'd give them to everyone who owns the game on day 1. I guess that's one way to place incentive on Steam sales.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
HELL YES. Was waiting to preorder since Gamestop screwed me over by sending my severance package paperwork late. Guess that worked out. Just bought. Now to jump on the server and taunt you all with them :D

I came for about a second, but then I realized I have no metal or weapons to trade/craft the new items.

Wait... the new sniper rifle fires tracer rounds but how is that a negative?

Doesn't the regular sniper rifle give off a big red dot? And if you are killed by the sniper you get to see his location which you can then broadcast to your entire team.

Oh jesus that Spy pistol. If only I could actually aim with my pistol (I never can seem to get a shot to connect even with my crosshairs on the enemy)...

The Short Circuit sounds interesting. Can't wait to see it in action.

Oreoleo

fuuuuuuuuuuuu_This_Shit_Ruined_My_Day-s516x399-70813-580.jpg

commissar

So sure there was the engineer's mechanical hand and the mystery wrangler shield.

And the pulp sci fi weapons via Grordborts.

But this takes the cake.

It isn't even plausibly a precursor to dx tech, it just is some thirty years from now shit. GJ Eidos you cunts.

I never asked for this

Edit: also I realise TF2 jumped the shark ages ago but I expected better of both companies.

DarkKyo

Hhnnnggggggg so tempting.......

The TF2 characters are all going to be abominations against nature by the time they stop adding items. Multiple misc items eventually with bionic limbs, eyes, faces?! wtf is going on can not compute

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
commissar said:
So sure there was the engineer's mechanical hand and the mystery wrangler shield.

And the pulp sci fi weapons via Grordborts.

But this takes the cake.

It isn't even plausibly a precursor to dx tech, it just is some thirty years from now shit. GJ Eidos you cunts.

I never asked for this

Edit: also I realise TF2 jumped the shark ages ago but I expected better of both companies.

The only ones that seem like they're "too much" are the nanobaclava and the purity fist.

That isn't going to stop me from wearing both though >.>

LastWindow said:
Is the Mask of the Shaman not going to be tradable?

The Quake-con items weren't tradeable until like 2 days after Quake-Con ended so I'm sure we'll see something similar. Seems Valve has added a Delay of sorts.

Sianos

Those new Engies weapons look neat, too.

A gun that destroys projectiles and a gun that rewards accurate shotgun shots with more metal. Can't wait to use them, glad I should have 2~ reclaimed by the end of the week.

Also, eight new unusual effects. Collect them all!

DarkKyo

Obsessed said:
Pfft you aren't doing Steam the right way (assuming you are buying this on Steam).

True Steam Gamers (tm) wait until a sale.
True TF2ers waste their money on games to get genuine versions of 8 items right away O_O

Edit: 8 new unusual effects?!
oqR4l.gif

mojiimbo

Is it really that big of a deal? I'm sure if you go into the Deux Ex thread and offer $10 for the items you'll find someone that'll be happy to oblige and it'll still end up cheaper than the Steam version.

Thoraxes

Must not buy and wait for a sale.

Saying this over and over again is not controlling my impulses enough. Someone help me?

Sianos

Well, off to go itemtest. Will have impressions soon. Too bad you can't itemtest on the compresion blast map, I want to test the projectile damaging.

Acerac

Banned
Damn, shouldn't have updated so quickly.

How long does it usually take the GAF server to get the current update?

Hylian7

Obsessed said:
Pfft you aren't doing Steam the right way (assuming you are buying this on Steam).

True Steam Gamers (tm) wait until a sale.
Buuuuuuut weapooooons.........

I'll probably wait for a sale, there's no way I'll play it now with the other 100+ games I'm interested in playing right now.

Top Bottom