• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

AcciDante

A golden wrench was destroyed tonight. Pour one out for the lost beauty!
edit: NEW PAGE FUUUUUUUUUUUU

atlJn.gif

Clydefrog

well i tried to draw borgnine and ended up drawing that creepy guy that everyone sees in their dreams.

vVsT6.png

U6SrH.jpg

edit: guess that still counts as how i see borgnine.

the similarities are ... sickening.

Sianos

Fun fact: the best way to relieve stress and anger is to break multiple pieces of wood with your feet.

There's just something therapeutic about board breaking I can't explain.

Sorry for last night, guys. I joined the GAF server with the intention to spectate (since I was on my laptop with no mouse, didn't know it was auto-assign). Instead, I ran around seeing how long I could live, taking up a server spot.

Yeef

Yeef as I was saying. I believe all maps besides Hightower need more rounds.
Like maybe another set of 2 rounds or just 1 more round. GAF moves kinda fast sometimes throw the maps and the server dies quicker.
The idea is that each person gets one defense round and one offense round. It's been a GAF staple ever since Java's server and I like it that way a lot. I think the real reason the server's been dying early is because of the map change issue. I'll try to get it all sorted out on Monday.

Sorry for last night, guys. I joined the GAF server with the intention to spectate (since I was on my laptop with no mouse, didn't know it was auto-assign). Instead, I ran around seeing how long I could live, taking up a server spot.
Even if you had joined the spectator team you'd still be taking up a server slot. In the future, if you just want to spectate, use SourceTV. The link is in the op (or you can click here). You'll be able to spectate the match without taking up the slot (there are only 128 SourceTV slots, so you don't have to worry too much about hogging a slot :p).

Even if you had joined the spectator team you'd still be taking up a server slot.
Right... I did know that. I was thinking more of me being a worthless participant, just giving points to the opposing team.
In the future, if you just want to spectate, use SourceTV. The link is in the op (or you can click here). You'll be able to spectate the match without taking up the slot (there are only 128 SourceTV slots, so you don't have to worry too much about hogging a slot :p).
This I didn't know. Thanks!

Forkball

I have an invite for the Steam Mobile app, first TF2GAF regular to quote this post gets it. Also you need to be on Steam. Like, now.

Javaman

Give it to javaman!
Already got one thanks to Beef!

Yeah, about the 2 round limits... I def prefer it that way. By doing that you can have fun/long rounds if the teams are even, and if they are stacked it'll end soon. Rarely if the game is stacked will there be enough people switching to even it out so a new map forces the issue. I love stalemate maps where both teams have a hard time capping as long as it isn't impossible. (Good-hightower, bad-last point in warpath unless you spycap)

Proven

I have an invite for the Steam Mobile app, first TF2GAF regular to quote this post gets it. Also you need to be on Steam. Like, now.

Damn, too late.

In other news, I forgot to announce this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMXL8Sfg_oU

ExTV is casting an exhibition game over the near finalized versions of two community maps. Both maps are hoping to get picked for the ESEA map pool this upcoming season.

Map 1 is cp_croissant, which we have on the server. It's a map I like for it's open feel. It's mostly two paths that are constantly twisting about each other, and at any one time there's always a high path and a low path. It's 5cp and shares a similar tileset to Yukon.

Map 2 is cp_standin, a new type of cp map that I match on a few weeks ago. It's essentially a push style map, like 5cp and koth. The twist is that the map has three control points, all open from the beginning and easily accessible from spawn. The first team to have all three control points captured at once wins. Capture times are decently long and there's no overtime, so if you're trying to backcap and are too slow, you still can lose outright. It's an interesting map and one of the points reminds me of Hydro at night, but the mechanic lends itself to 6v6 only, so I'm rooting for Croissant more.

Match is tonight at 9pm EST (a little under 4 hours from now) on ExTV's stream http://www.twitch.tv/team/extv

Don't be afraid to take a look, and I'll make a post when VODs come available on youtube.

Disclaimer: I'm hoping that Croissant gets enough popularity to eventually become official just like Yukon/Freight/Gullywash before it.

Oreoleo

Map 2 is cp_standin, a new type of cp map that I match on a few weeks ago. It's essentially a push style map, like 5cp and koth. The twist is that the map has three control points, all open from the beginning and easily accessible from spawn. The first team to have all three control points captured at once wins.

So, basically Battlefield's Conquest mode?

WHY DID THIS TAKE SO LONG TO HAPPEN

Oreoleo

does he mean that as soon as all three are capped, the game ends? or does he mean that the countdown to victory timer operates only when your team has all three points?

Oh, darn. I didn't think of that. Sounds like it's as soon as all 3 points are owned by the same team, which is why it works with small teams. I am disappoint.

Proven

does he mean that as soon as all three are capped, the game ends? or does he mean that the countdown to victory timer operates only when your team has all three points?

It's the second all three are capped. I don't think the map even has a timer of any kind.

Or to be more specific, a round ends whenever all three points are under one team's control. If someone is in the middle of capping a point your team owns, but you capture the last point your team didn't have yet, the round immediately ends.

Yeef

Ni0IW.png

I had something much more elaborate planned out, but then I remembered that I suck at drawing with a mouse and I am too lazy to hook up my tablet and install drivers.

Top Bottom