• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

beta changes:

Code:
General:
     * Heavy
          * Tomislav
              * Removed spin-up buff
              * Removed health penalty
          * Sandvich
              * The heavy no longer gains health from a Sanvich they drop; It re-fills their Sanvich ammo instead.
     * Spy
          * Enforcer stats changed to:
              * 0.5 increased decloak time
              * Unable to see enemy health

* Sync'd with recent changes from Team Fortress 2

it begins

No way they'd change the sanvich to that... They must be using it as a placeholder for some new edible... Right? ...RIGHT?!

Edit: OH! Sanvich ammo... I thought it just said ammo.

DarkKyo

Tuesday is the day to pre-order this sick foot tall medic statue.. preview:
B8vIT.jpg

Personally I'm gonna wait for the Pyro or maybe Demoman one but god that looks nice.

Yeef

Oh no, Tomi and Sandvich are my 3rd and 4th favorite Heavy weapons, right behind Gloves of Running Urgently (#2) and the Brass Beast!:( :( :(
I don't understand. The Brass Beast is like the worst weapon ever. The extra damage doesn't really help because the minigun already does tons of damage. And the speed penalty hurts A LOT.

beta changes:

Code:
General:
     * Heavy
          * Tomislav
              * Removed spin-up buff
              * Removed health penalty
          * Sandvich
              * The heavy no longer gains health from a Sanvich they drop; It re-fills their Sanvich ammo instead.
     * Spy
          * Enforcer stats changed to:
              * 0.5 increased decloak time
              * Unable to see enemy health

* Sync'd with recent changes from Team Fortress 2

it begins
YES! YES!

And if yeef does, can I have it?
Forkball, apparently, already got one from someone else, so if you still want it you can have it.

So does this mean other classes can't use the sandvich now when dropped?
It means the heavy himself can't pick it up for health, but teammates can.

Seriously stupid nerf to the sandvich. But shotgun has always been superior.
It's a great nerf and a long time coming. I'd say, if this makes it into the full game, decrease the time it takes to eat the sandwich by a second or so and it'd all be good.

yeoz

So does this mean other classes can't use the sandvich now when dropped?
No, it sounds like the change only affects heavies picking up their own dropped sandviches.
I wonder if you can still get health from picking up a sandvich dropped by a heavy on the other team.

The nerf isn't needed at all. It takes forever to pull a Sandvich out and drop it. I've died mid-process more often than it working out. You are still very vulnerable when doing it.

The nerf isn't needed at all. It takes forever to pull a Sandvich out and drop it. I've died mid-process more often than it working out. You are still very vulnerable when doing it.
You throw it down near you in a defended position before engaging to be your own mobile health pack. Trying to throw it during combat isn't advisable.

I don't really care about whether or not the Tomislav ends up still being a viable weapon - anything that beats the Heavy with a nerf stick is okay in my book.

Proven

On the one hand, the Sandvich nerf is a way to buff the Shotgun. Combined with the GRU and the long complained about overall spin up/spin down buff, the two shotguns become a lot more viable, the chocolate bar/fishcake become a little bit better, and the Brass Beast becomes a bit less useless. However, it doesn't really sit well with me. Like Yeef suggested, the Sandvich taunt will have to be shortened more than likely. And even then, it just feels like a change that will cause me to never play Heavy, instead of my usual playing of Heavy once every six months. I'd just feel too vulnerable much of the time.

It's also a way to lessen the blow to the Tomislav change, but I'd prefer it if they just halved the increased spin up time and kept the health penalty.

I killed alien today, I forgot what class he was.
The only time I've gotten to play with him was while the GAF server was filling up one night and everyone was semi-serious. I'm curious over how scary he is when things are running full steam.

Alienups

Why? I like playing Ninja Heavy, sneaking in from flanks with lowered Tomislav to M1 murder.

The loss of DPS ain't worth it when facing sentries or enemy heavies. I used the Tomislav for over a month when i first started but it simply doesn't hold up against the normal minigun imo.

None of the big shot heavies i know use the tomislav

I killed alien today, I forgot what class he was.

I really need to learn your names cause i have no idea what your steamname is

The only time I've gotten to play with him was while the GAF server was filling up one night and everyone was semi-serious. I'm curious over how scary he is when things are running full steam.

Only times i can be scary is when i'm playing heavy on a map i'm very familiar with (got accused of cheating yesterday when i killed a heavy medic combo by myself lol) , i'm quite mediocre otherwise.

But playing with you guys is helping me familiarise with a lot of maps.

Best game i had on GAF was one of my first btw, name was Santa Alien back then

In order to spread the fun of CABERMAN™, I have bought three Sticky Jumpers off the store today (BIG SPENDER!). So! A small contest is in order here!

YVUHO.jpg

Draw, completely in MSPaint (no cut & paste of pictures!), your favorite classes' reaction upon seeing a Borgnine spray of them!

Top 3 funniest ones with a Sticky Jumper!

READY SET GO!

PS: Winners must be a regular on the TF2GAF server.
PSS: Deadline = Midnight tomorrow (EST)

I am going to join in the TF2-GAF fun one of these days.

One of these days when I'm around while people are playing instead of resorting to random pubs in the middle of the night. But I ask, please be gentle.

Yeef as I was saying. I believe all maps besides Hightower need more rounds.
Like maybe another set of 2 rounds or just 1 more round. GAF moves kinda fast sometimes throw the maps and the server dies quicker.

Proven

I think I have an extra Jumper, so I'll throw in a consolation prize "Proven's Pick". If I don't actually have one I'll buy an extra just for this.

Top Bottom