• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

original.jpg

Also, I have to say the Borgnine shop of the paint picture of Clydefrog that SteveWinwood made is amazing

biqes.jpg

great team effort!

Sorry to break your heart, but while I have made things very similar to that using gimp and my tablet, I didn't make that picture. Just found it somewhere and brought it here. I think some guy was just drawing some people in the real pic thread.

Sorry to break your heart, but while I have made things very similar to that using gimp and my tablet, I didn't make that picture. Just found it somewhere and brought it here. I think some guy was just drawing some people in the real pic thread.
Regardless, its awesome.

Anyways I ducked out early tonight so I could look into my airplane/highway/aircraft carrier/whatever mic issues.

Gonna idle for tonight. It may be the alcohol, but I really think I might get a hat drop tonight. Last time I thought I would get a hat drop I really did get it (ended up getting an engineer hat I wanted as a drop)

Maybe not...but wishful thinking won't hurt.

SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED! CONTEST OVER!

Winners?

EVERYONE!

I'll buy you all* Sticky Jumpers :)

*Those who participated

Clyde, Zeke, & n0b, send me a trade on Steam whenever you're on!

I've been away from TF2 for a while due to the Fall games avalanche . . . would anyone like to give a rundown of the pros/cons/uses of the newer items (items added after Cow Mangler/Righteous Bison update)? I've crafted a few of them, since I like to have one of everything.

Yeef

I'd like to see a game mode/plugin that forces everyone to play caberman and refreshes your caber if you get a caber kill. It'd also have to keep track of how many caber kills you get in a single life (without restocking) for bragging rights.

Proven

Proven's pick fails. The one I was eyeing the most ended up being one of the winners anyway.

I've been away from TF2 for a while due to the Fall games avalanche . . . would anyone like to give a rundown of the pros/cons/uses of the newer items (items added after Cow Mangler/Righteous Bison update)? I've crafted a few of them, since I like to have one of everything.
There are... so... many...

Proven

Quick Guide version:
Only ones you really have to worry about are Tomislav, the 1,001 Demoknight set, the Phlogistinator and the Spycicle.
Then there are the ones that you should know exist so you know what your teammates or enemies are trying to do. The QuickFix, the Pomson, and the Detonator.

Look up those on the wiki (they're all in either the Uber update or the Austrailian Christmas 2011 update). You'll also find out about the new maps that way.

It might be good from now on to do a summary of every update after they end... I'll think about working on it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna know if anybody else who's been using the quick shits has seen a health buff on the person they're healing?

It was on Granary when Java was healing me that I noticed I had the buff...glitch????

Yeef

Weapons that were added AFTER the Bison and Mangler that aren't just reskins:
  • The Original - Same as default rocket launcher, but fires from the center instead of the side.
  • The Machina - Same as the default sniper rifle, but when fully charged it deals 15% extra damage and penetrates enemies. If you get a penetration kill a crowd-pleaser sound effect plays.
  • The Diamondback - Spy revolver that gets crits for sapping buildings.
  • The Widowmaker - Engineer shotgun that uses metal instead of ammo. Each shot costs 30 metal and you gain metal equal to the damage you deal. Basically, if your aim is true, it's a shotgun that never needs reloading.
  • The Short Circuit - Destroys enemy projectiles (rockets, stickies, jarate, etc.). Costs 35 metal per shot.
  • The Pomson 6000 - Similar to the Righteous Bison, but it also drains 10% uber and 20% cloak when it hits a medic or spy, respectively.
  • The Eureka Effect - Wrench that lets the engineer warp back to spawn, but removes his ability to haul buildings.
  • The Phlogistinator - Flamethrower with no airblasts that builds up Mmph (like the buff banner). When it's full you can taunt to get crits for 10 seconds. During the taunt you take 90% less damage.
  • The Manmelter - Flare gun that can extinguish teammates. Each extinguishment gives it a stored crit.
  • The Third Degree - Same as the fire axe, but hitting a medic (or the person he's healing) damages both of them.
  • The Spy-cicle - Spy knife that kills silently, but turns the victims into ice statues. Getting hit by fire melts the knife for 15 seconds and makes you invulnerable to fire for 2 seconds.
  • The Holiday Punch - Heavy mittens. On a random crit or 'backtap' it causes the victim to do the laugh taunt instead of taking damage. Since the mittens use the heavy taunt kill, it is great for humiliating people. It can also be useful for building uber if you have a medic with the ubersaw with you.
  • Wrap Assassin - Scout bat that does 70% less melee damage, but can launch a projectile (similar to the sandman) that causes the person it hits to bleed.

Sianos

It appears Hydro is intimidating people and making them feel uncomfortable about joining.

EDIT: Yeef hopefully finally maybe fixed the map bug, so it's back to playing the same maps every night playing the jank favorites!

Javaman

I wanna know if anybody else who's been using the quick shits has seen a health buff on the person they're healing?

It was on Granary when Java was healing me that I noticed I had the buff...glitch????
It was a one shot deal apparently. I may have had the OG one equipped first and for some reason it kept overhealing. I wonder if quickfix can maintain an overcharge normally? The next person I tried wouldn't overheal, kuro.

I don't know what's wrong with my game, but TF2 now randomly crashes and has massive lag like once every 30 seconds or so. I defragged it, came back in and my game crashed pretty fast.

Fiddlesticks.

Top Bottom