• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Hylian7

I have an extra Sydney Sleeper (ingredient for Machina), anyone want trade me a Righteous Bison (also ingredient for Machina) for it?

squall23

Forkball said:
The Machina will be nerfed to hell. Also what does the tracer round effect do?
It just leaves a trail of where you fired from, it's also very visible but it only lasts for about 1 second at most.

Blizzard

Banned
Forkball said:
Yeah, it's amazing though unfortunately I can't aim. 515 damage headshots if I recall correctly. That might even be enough for heavies with the metal gloves, but I'm not sure.

The tracer round shows where the sniper is, so I guess that's supposed to be the downside. If they nerf it I'm hoping they just give it a long reload time.

The_Technomancer said:
Has anyone here run into an issue where the replay editor crashes without fail every time I try to compile the video?
When trying to save my video, hl2.exe crashes, so I went into window mode and it didnt crash.

Blizzard

Banned
Another sniper rifle downside -- you CANNOT fire unzoomed. So no bodyshots noscoped. The gun just clicks, and maybe sparks come out of the barrel.

Smithy C

Also, the Widowmaker seems completely useless. Maybe I just have bad aim, but I can't seem to get more metal back than what I shoot. Will keep it for a little longer, but really seems like a bad choice against the Frontier Justice (of which there won't be many left anyway).

Hylian7

Gahhhh, the Janky-Ass server is full. I was going to ask around for the Sydney Sleeper for Righteous Bison trade.....(and I want to play there).

yeoz

new crates:

MEDIC CRATE: Syringe Gun, Crusader's, Bonesaw, Medigun (wtf?). Mirror & Gatsby are hats.
SNIPER CRATE: Rifle, Bushwhacka, Sleeper, Jarate (wtf?). Robin & Veil are hats.
ENGY CRATE: JAG, Wrench, Shotgun, Frontier Justice. Mining Light & safe'n'sound are hats.

can anyone confirm the above? maybe my source is bad.

also: I crafted twelve times trying to get a new hat, failed miserably. got a sight for sore eyes though, so I'm a little happy.

Forkball said:
Nerfed? What. No unscoped fire means extremely bad match against Dead Ringer spies. That's the main reason I always have Jarate on me, so those douches don't avoid their inevitable death. And even more with the damn enforcer on those jackasses.
Edit: And the laser beam shows where you are.

Why not yeoz? Strange Jarate would work like the medigun, it will level up via assists, that's if the medigun is in there.

Hylian7

yeoz said:
new crates:

MEDIC CRATE: Syringe Gun, Crusader's, Bonesaw, Medigun. Mirror & Gatsby are hats.
ENGY CRATE: JAG Wrench, Shotgun, FJ. Mining Light & Headphones are hats.

can anyone confirm the above?
Uhhhhhhh, so does this include Sentry kills I wonder?

yeoz said:
new crates:

MEDIC CRATE: Syringe Gun, Crusader's, Bonesaw, Medigun. Mirror & Gatsby are hats.
ENGY CRATE: JAG Wrench, Shotgun, FJ. Mining Light & Headphones are hats.

can anyone confirm the above?

The lack of a strange huntsman is amazing, figured that would be a given in the sniper crate.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Damn it! I've tried exporting the video while running in 800x600 windowed and it still crashes forty seconds or so in. I capped the replay right before the update and tried to export it after, that better not be whats screwing me up.

Forkball

Sgt.Pepper said:
Nerfed? What. No unscoped fire means extremely bad match against Dead Ringer spies. That's the main reason I always have Jarate on me, so those douches don't avoid their inevitable death. And even more with the damn enforcer on those jackasses.
Edit: And the laser beam shows where you are.

Why not yeoz? Strange Jarate would work like the medigun, it will level up via assists, that's if the medigun is in there.
I still think it's imbalanced. Basically it's:

+Murders the SHIT outta multiple people with one bullet
- Can't do something you only do 1% of the time

The tracer is kinda pointless since there's a killcam so you automatically know where the Sniper is after he kills you. Also people expect Snipers to be in their usual spot, so if anyone gets sniped, it's pretty easy to narrow down where the sniper is.

And the reason there's no Strange Kritzkrieg or Huntsman is because they can't blow all the good weapons on one crate.

Ah fuck it. No more Janky-Ass for me tonight, not gonna wait one hour for 1 round.

Edit: It matters to me since I play mostly on Janky-Ass, and Metaphorically, Linktenko (sp?) are always DR douches, no offense! So I need those jarates, and not being able to shoot them unscoped bothers me since the Enforcer kills a Sniper in two hits (three with the darwin shield, but who the fuck uses that) before I knife their face.

I appreciate Artist for using the normal watch. ;)

The Technomancer

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I had my best replay ever and I had to quit TF2 to install QuickTime and when I rebooted TF2 had to update and now the replay is broken!
Fuck!

It was awesome. On 2Fort I had a Tele entrance in the enemy's sewer room. While I was building an entrance outside spawn a Heavy-Medic pair came running up with the intel, shot the teleporter entrance, and ran off. So I built another entrance, noticed it was getting damaged from the other side (as it turns out by the very same heavy whacking it with the GRU), teleported, tele-fragged the heavy and then killed his medic with the gunslinger.

Awesome games tonight. I can barely hold my eyes open anymore so I had to dip out (funny how getting my ass stomped accelerates that XD ).

I asked before but ill ask again. If i get another premium account is it mandatory to sandboxxie it or can i just use them both just not concurrently

Smithy C

yeoz said:
new crates:

MEDIC CRATE: Syringe Gun, Crusader's, Bonesaw, Medigun (wtf?). Mirror & Gatsby are hats.
ENGY CRATE: JAG, Wrench, Shotgun, Frontier Justice. Mining Light & safe'n'sound are hats.

can anyone confirm the above? maybe my source is bad.

also: I crafted twelve times trying to get a new hat, failed miserably. got a sight for sore eyes though, so I'm a little happy.
The strange Jarate counts how many people you throw it on. Doesn't seem to matter if they die or not.

The Technomancer

Man, I really want the strange wrench to count the number of kills with a Sentry or something. Some way to have a strange sentry gun would be awesome.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
New Sniper gun is absurdly good. Goddamn.

I'm liking the new Spy pistol as well. Storing up a couple of crits and just blasting someone is pretty funny.

JackFrost said:
Awesome games tonight. I can barely hold my eyes open anymore so I had to dip out (funny how getting my ass stomped accelerates that XD ).

I asked before but ill ask again. If i get another premium account is it mandatory to sandboxxie it or can i just use them both just not concurrently

You don't need Sandboxxie, unless you want to run multiple Steams at once. I have 2 accounts, and I just log in one and let it idle while I'm working. Then next day I log into the other and idle.

yeoz

ArtistDude88 said:
You don't need Sandboxxie, unless you want to run multiple Steams at once. I have 2 accounts, and I just log in one and let it idle while I'm working. Then next day I log into the other and idle.
How do you trade?

XeroSauce

Technosteve said:
I wished i preordered fuck you valve i ordered from green man gaming.

I sent in a request for a refund on GMG and I got the Steam version.

Worst case scenario, you find the weapons or order the game from Steam and use the trading beta to trade away your GMG key for something else.

yeoz

After I realized I could just immediately craft the new weapons, I stopped caring about my preorder being on green man gaming.
Saving money is more important to me than hats!

XeroSauce

yeoz said:
After I realized I could just immediately craft the new weapons, I stopped caring about my preorder being on green man gaming.
Saving money is more important to me than hats!

I wanted those specs and the Heavy Arm, plus there's trading potential in having your weapons Genuine.

It's a good enough reason for me.

XeroSauce said:
I wanted those specs and the Heavy Arm, plus there's trading potential in having your weapons Genuine.

It's a good enough reason for me.
It's almost making me contemplate canceling my Gamestop preorder. But I want that bonus mission so damn bad... I guess the physical stuff along with it is pretty neat as well. But I can get it on Steam for items, a giftable copy of Deus Ex, and a bit cheaper.

Decisions.

jediyoshi

The_Technomancer said:
Has anyone here run into an issue where the replay editor crashes without fail every time I try to compile the video?

It usually crashes for me when a video is done rendering, but the file itself will be complete and retrievable in the TF2 folder.

Smithy C

After playing around with the new sniper rifle, I think a fully charged shot can go through sentries and the wrangler sheild.

This thing is bandanas.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
GGs tonight everyone, that last map was intense.

squall23

Smithy C said:
After playing around with the new sniper rifle, I think a fully charged shot can go through sentries and the wrangler sheild.
Nah, it doesn't do that. That would FOR SURE make it too OP.

Top Bottom