• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
6DFCH.jpg

Dang, for some reason I couldn't see Artist's spray. Otherwise we could've created the Voltron of sprays.

Just crafted about 4 hats to get a Samur-eye. Sad, but I'm an impatient person. I also idle so it shouldn't take long to get my metal back.

You should assign people each with a different part of the anatomy and then combine them to see what sort of abomination gaf can collectively create.

OH MAN. Assign some people the essentials... face base, nose, eyes, mouth, ears. Then other people could get non essentials... bow tie, hats, mustaches, etc...

fallengorn

OH MAN. Assign some people the essentials... face base, nose, eyes, mouth, ears. Then other people could get non essentials... bow tie, hats, mustaches, etc...

Ah, 206 bones, 50 miles of small intestine, full pouting lips. Why, this fellow is less a spray... than a god.

Yeef

The Steam Mobile Beta went open like 57 years ago. Why are you people acting like invites are even a thing anymore?

There seems to be disguise glitch lately. I was playing on GG, and my minisentries keep shooting at a disguised spy (YER Spy at that). He was exasperated by it, and was wondering what's up. A guy said there's a glitch where sentries keep shooting you, even disguised.

I must say that it has happened to me a lot lately, this and last week in fact.

Mini-sentries do need some nerf, maybe range. It is pathetic how a minisentry can do more damage than a lvl 1. They should give lvl 1 a little faster deploy speed.

Mini-sentries do need some nerf, maybe range. It is pathetic how a minisentry can do more damage than a lvl 1. They should give lvl 1 a little faster deploy speed.
They're not so bad if you dedicate yourself as a DH Soldier and one shot every single one of them. Though it gets infuriating when you're in KOTH and your team is completely dumbfounded by them.

doesn't a LVL 1 sentry do 16 while mini does 8 damage?

Barely matters. lvl 1 are almost as fragile as mini-sentries, which also have faster fire rate and can be deployed A LOT more faster for less metal.

Hell, minisentries can also be viable in defense due to the very fast deployment, and good range in many maps. More viable than trying to get your sentry to lvl 3 when your teammates barely help you defend/repair your buildings.

Oreoleo

Barely matters. lvl 1 are almost as fragile as mini-sentries, which also have faster fire rate and can be deployed A LOT more faster for less metal.

Hell, minisentries can also be viable in defense due to the very fast deployment, and good range in many maps. More viable than trying to get your sentry to lvl 3 when your teammates barely help you defend/repair your buildings.

In a way, mini sentries are less fragile than level 1's as mini sentries deploy with full HP whereas regular sentries don't reach full HP until the animation is over and they are fully deployed. So unless you focus fire the mini, it can be quite hard to take out before it starts attacking.

And don't get me started on how little teammates help defend engies on GAF server.

In a way, mini sentries are less fragile than level 1's as mini sentries deploy with full HP whereas regular sentries don't reach full HP until the animation is over and they are fully deployed. So unless you focus fire the mini, it can be quite hard to take out before it starts attacking.

And don't get me started on how little teammates help defend engies on GAF server.

Yeah, I've noticed...

And it's fucking bullshit.

I have a defend engie loadout for the pyro. I just am never hanging around where the engies are to use the maul.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
There seems to be disguise glitch lately. I was playing on GG, and my minisentries keep shooting at a disguised spy (YER Spy at that). He was exasperated by it, and was wondering what's up. A guy said there's a glitch where sentries keep shooting you, even disguised.

I must say that it has happened to me a lot lately, this and last week in fact.

bitching about the mini when we have this?! Best upgrade ever!

Those of you whining about minis are almost always overextended. You see a lone engie with a sentry =\= you rush in. I know they're annoying, bit they can easily be taken down .and often it's your fault if you died. As a scout, if I see one deployed, I back off.

This is what makes me rage about DR. The abuse an experienced spy gets out of it is insane. You can kill the spy and follow him, but there is just way too much time for him to slip away.

If I KNOW where he is, I should be able to kill him and not have him even use voice chat while laughing and grabbing an ammo pack to start the ride over again.

Garcia

So much hate for mini sentries LOL. When I'm playing offensive Engi I totally abuse them, and with good reason: they're taken down in an instant by experienced players.

I don't think they should be nerfd at all.

I hung back on Steel defending the Engie nest with teleporter a few nights ago (when some of us kept trying to take E before D).

On another server, I worked with another Engie to defend the final point of Upward, using Short Circuit to destroy Demoman explosives (while me minisentry helped the level 3).

fallengorn

Checked the wiki for the boombox:

It appears as a boombox strapped on to his messenger bag. A hidden attribute makes this item play music during any taunt the player performs.

Pretty awesome.

Garcia

I hung back on Steel defending the Engie nest with teleporter a few nights ago (when some of us kept trying to take E before D).

On another server, I worked with another Engie to defend the final point of Upward, using Short Circuit to destroy Demoman explosives (while me minisentry helped the level 3).

You, sir, are a gentleman.

Forkball

No one posted the actual patch notes? WAY TO CHOKE GUYS.

Added The Boston Boom-Bringer
Fixed the Heavy bots not spawning in the commentary maps
Updated ctf_doublecross:
Added a respawnroom visualizer to the dropdown spawn exit to prevent griefing
Updated community and promotional items:
Soda Popper: improved model and texture
Winger: fixed first-person clip reloading
Apparition's Aspect: updated mesh to reduce clipping with many hats
Hero's Tail: added an additional style that more strongly responds to paint
Bonk Boy: added an additional style that leaves the Scout headphones visible
Additional items are now paintable:
Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe
Planeswalker Goggles
Pilotka
Nanobalaclava
Cold War Luchador
Cremator's Conscience
Dashin' Hashshashin
Desert Marauder
Relaxed equip region restrictions for the Earbuds so that they can be equipped with anything
Lokalisierungsdateien aktualisiert
I get a Desert Marauder drop a few days before it becomes paintable. It must be destiny.

Someone tell me how to pronounce that.

It's german so just sound like you're coughing up a lung and you'll be 9/10ths there!

The TF2 blog said:
We went through LL Cool J’s back catalog looking for other prescient rap songs that described musical items available for the other eight classes, but apparently one of the Ls stands for “lazy”, because it doesn’t look like he wrote any.
Trivia time! LL Cool J actually stands for Ladies Love Cool James!

fallengorn

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Boston_Boom-Bringer

The 4 possible sound clips that get played are listed there.

I'm now willing with every fiber of my being that the Demoman gets bagpipes that will do the same thing.

Was hoping this would be one of them for bat taunt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb19d08Lnec

It's a hidden line waiting to be decoded. The first person to decipher it and send the answer to Valve wins something.

Obviously.

HL3 clues are in there!

Highlight of the night for me was, as I was trying to set up a teleporter, Borgnine and his whip cornered me. I forgot how to change weapons with my controller so I got like 5 or 6 whips and then died

Top Bottom