• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

It's fine in certain situations, but yeah it's kiiiiind of annoying when the other team has an Uber and a Kritz and maybe a third medic and you have one QF dude.

Yeef

Quick Fix is designed for holding a line, not pushing. So when it's an Attack/Defend mode and the defense has 56 sentries, please, change away from the quick fix. If it's a symmetrical mode, then feel free to use it.

Yeef

I killed Yeef twice tonight! Scout meatshots on his Heavy.

I'm so proud.

*tear*
Only reason I was playing heavy was because I'm close to the collectivization cheesemint. That's why I was running around with the shotgun. and then, Natascha. Eventually I got so bored that I couldn't be bothered with getting those last 20 assists or so. I'll have to do it another night.

Because people like you complained about the heavy, so now a class has the ability to tank a couple of seconds of heavy damage point blank, while taunting, then kill the heavy, and possibly not die? :p

this logic is so tortured that rambo just rescued it from the pow camp

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I don't understand why I'm a year late on this. Oh well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-T2I6sEsrY

Which caused a fit of nostalgia for the few good TF2 machinima, like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-DJzQhr7bE

Which has now reminded me that I really need to finish the Extra chapter in FES so I can start up Persona 4.

http://naturereborn.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2tegc8
You should play that other video game with me
because TF2 is nothing but a mass social experiment involving hats.
It's true now. Too true.

I'm at the tipping point of 'game is fine' and 'updates are ruining everything'

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I have 49 refined metal and nothing to spend it on since TF2WH is perpetually overstocked. :(

Maybe the big 2012 update will hit in the near future and I can go on a crafting spree.

yeoz

I have 49 refined metal and nothing to spend it on since TF2WH is perpetually overstocked. :(

Maybe the big 2012 update will hit in the near future and I can go on a crafting spree.
About the only time when metal/keys aren't overstocked is after a new item hits and it's finally (over)priced a few days later. People dump the new item and then buy metal/keys with their newly acquired fortunes. This effect is especially pronounced with every new set of stranges, because people will keeping dumping their extra stranges in and buying keys out.

That must be it. If only they could get the game back to working well in dx9 for me. gabe add more long hair soldier hats.

edit- waiting patiently while a game loads *shudder*

AcciDante

4CD9154E6E37011DEA9E88CFF983BA3DDF3EA2D6

Oreoleo, Yammy, and myself were clearing noob servers left and right B]

corn_fest

Had pretty good luck with TF2WH today, got a lot of the weapons I didn't have from not playing for awhile, including a genuine Righteous Bison.

Oreoleo

Invite me next time!

Don't take it personally, it was all very impromptu. Was chatting to Dante and was just like, "I'm bored, lets go kick ass on a Valve server." Seeing Yammy, Tim (Guy Kazama/Magnum Innominandum), Joe Carter and SolidSnake show up was a surprise to everyone.

Yeef

I have to say, even with the nerf, Battilion's Backup is actually pretty good on defense. It's awful on offense though. Just terrible.

[EDIT] Messed around with the conch as well, but it just takes way too much to fill the rage on that one. It takes more damage taken than the backup and more dealt than banner and isn't really as good as either.

AcciDante

People need to work on class balance. Don't be sniper if you already have two...or one. Stop being caberman just for shits and giggles. If the games are just starting, go ahead and dick around, but in a full server where we're actually playing, you're just wasting space. I know caberman actually does have some uses on a few maps, but you're probably not doing it anyways. I will make this assumption!

People need to work on class balance. Don't be sniper if you already have two...or one. Stop being caberman just for shits and giggles. If the games are just starting, go ahead and dick around, but in a full server where we're actually playing, you're just wasting space. I know caberman actually does have some uses on a few maps, but you're probably not doing it anyways. I will make this assumption!

some servers actively limit the number of each class in a given round.

but sometimes people just want to practice a certain skill rather than worry about winning/losing. after all, nothing is gained or lost in victory or defeat in tf2, really. not in casual play, anyway.

Oreoleo

some servers actively limit the number of each class in a given round.

but sometimes people just want to practice a certain skill rather than worry about winning/losing. after all, nothing is gained or lost in victory or defeat in tf2, really. not in casual play, anyway.

yeah but its no fun when you're getting stomped and you check the scoreboard and you have 3 snipers who are all at the bottom of the team.

i don't really give a shit about winning or losing but when the enemy team has two heavy medic combos outside your spawn door something is seriously wrong.

Yeef

That's what matchmaking is for! I use all sorts of crazy loadouts on Valve servers just to fuck around.

When you're playing in matchmaking you expect your team to be awful, so you just kind of roll with it. When you're playing on GAF, you expect people to, even if they're awful, to at least be trying (except for when we're waiting for the server to fill).

Unbalanced matches aren't really fun for either side, and it just leads to the server dying early.

Top Bottom