• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Blizzard

Banned
I've never played arena. What are you referring to with "stalemates?"

STALEMATE

Everyone loses.

Sometimes when everyone runs out of time, everyone is locked to melee weapons and doesn't respawn. Sometimes everyone gets normal weapons and doesn't respawn. People run around and camp in corners, and then time runs out again, and then everyone loses.

Yeef

I've never played arena. What are you referring to with "stalemates?"
Arena is elimination. There's no respawning. So once you die you're out. There are also few or no health pickups, so you have to rely on other means of healing.

Stalemates happen when the timer hits zero on 5CP maps. It basically becomes like arena mode. All health pickups disappear and there's no respawning.

I added DB Heights (a payload version of dustbowl) to the server. I was skeptical when it was mentioned in the server a few days ago, but after running around in it for awhile, I think it may actually be decent. Everything is widened and spread out a bit more to make it less spammy, and some areas are changed completely. The latest version seems to have a bug where the cart starts out sideways on the third stage and sometimes that keeps you from pushing it, so the server has an earlier version. It's a shame, too, because the latest version has some pretty interesting changes.

Also, apparently, it's made by the same guy who made moonshine. But considering it's 3 years old, I doubt he has any plans to fix it.

I'm excited. This better be played tonight.

Blizzard

Banned
I was disappointed last night. I managed to caber Javamedic a few times, but he didn't immediately make amusing exclamations on the microphone.

The best Javaman is when you charge past his teammates with the eyelander, decapitate him when he has an uber ready, and he's all DAMMIT BLIZ ZARD.

I have also learned that using enough stickyjumper stickies on harvest, roof-surfing is great fun.

Yeef

There needs to be a sapper that marks buildings; let's your teammates seem them through the wall, via a team-colored outline.

Also, a sapper that let's you sap sappers (which can, themselves, be sapped).

Proven

I was messing around with the Eureka Effect. I didn't realize this before, but it actually respawns you. I always though that it just teleported you back to spawn. Instead it full heals you, refills your ammo and, if you changed your loadout before teleporting, switches your loadout as well.

I could really see that being useful in stalemates and arena. Maybe even game-breakingly so.
I thought people already knew this. It's not quite respawning, as you keep your streaks, but they did this specifically because of the maps that don't have supply closets in their forward spawn. It's a nice little get out of jail free card, and does a lot to make up for not being able to pick up your sentry. Extra reason why it helps on maps where you need teleporters up quick.

Anony

so how much is a strange machina worth in real money? or maybe i can get some steam games out of mine

where is the best place to sell it? sourceop?

I love Javaman... But I have a hatred for him in game and want to murder him everytime I see his face. Not sure what brought this on.

There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for this. You see, the Javamen, who hail from the aptly named Javaland, aren't actually men at all! They're really a species of fungi that have evolved traits that specifically draws the ire of its enemies for the sole purpose of reproduction. Upon the destruction of a fully mature Javaman, thousands of Javaspores will be released and scattered to produce a new generation of Javamen. So before you go off and kill a Javaman, consider the long term implications of your actions.

tldr: Javaman wants to have sex with you.

Ketch

How bout a sapper that turns buildings against their team? Make it not completely obvious it's being sapped just teles go waaaaaay slow or backwards, dispensers drain health and ammo and sentries attack the wrong team.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How bout a sapper that turns buildings against their team? Make it not completely obvious it's being sapped just teles go waaaaaay slow or backwards, dispensers drain health and ammo and sentries attack the wrong team.

This would be absolutely hilarious and probably broken as fuck

Killin' Javamens is what this community is all about. Welcome aboard.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9bCxBN-XI

eF1ml.gif

OH GAWD!

My sides!

I'm an idiot.

I finally figured out why PC seemed so shitty . . . I had switched to a 3D HDTV and the latency on it is fucking huge. I thought I just fucked up my PC somehow it made my quit playing. But in reality, I think my PC was fine . . . the fucking new HDTV is what sucked so bad. I realized it when trying to play a Guitar Hero/Rockband game. I had to recalibrate it and the delay was something like 150ms. I might as well be playing from Antarctica.

I gotta get a PC set up on a decent monitor.

Clydefrog

*cackles*

my internet is from 1994, i swear to god. took me nearly a minute to upload a facebook photo.

and let's not forget the 10 times i timed out playing TF2 before realizing i'd wasted my entire night! *cackles*

You guys planning to do something for the saxxys ? We probably could put something decent together if we tried.

I'm going to invite all my friends over and we're going to drink champange and do this silly game we play each year where we have a list of who we think is going to win in each category and we keep score with these little poker chips that julie brings over and at the end of the night you can buy little gifts with the poker chips depending on how many you have but it usually just ends up being bags of m&ms.

I'm going to invite all my friends over and we're going to drink champange and do this silly game we play each year where we have a list of who we think is going to win in each category and we keep score with these little poker chips that julie brings over and at the end of the night you can buy little gifts with the poker chips depending on how many you have but it usually just ends up being bags of m&ms.
i just i dont even no

Yeef

I'm an idiot.

I finally figured out why PC seemed so shitty . . . I had switched to a 3D HDTV and the latency on it is fucking huge. I thought I just fucked up my PC somehow it made my quit playing. But in reality, I think my PC was fine . . . the fucking new HDTV is what sucked so bad. I realized it when trying to play a Guitar Hero/Rockband game. I had to recalibrate it and the delay was something like 150ms. I might as well be playing from Antarctica.

I gotta get a PC set up on a decent monitor.
No way to put it into a low-latency, non-3D mode? Most TVs will have a 'game' mode that reduces latency a bunch.

Haha! 8/10

BY2K

Membero Americo
Yeef, I wouldn't be speaking if I were you about people not going melee. I don't know how many times on the first game on Badlands I came after you with a Demoknight and you just shot me with your Scattergun.

Yeef

Yeef, I wouldn't be speaking if I were you about people not going melee. I don't know how many times on the first game on Badlands I came after you with a Demoknight and you just shot me with your Scattergun.
Only after nob started burning and flaring me. He broke the truce. Once the truce is broken, all bets are off!

Anyway, there is a difference between server-wide gentleman's melee and, "put 'em up," spur of the moment, melee duels.

[EDIT] I'm a little mixed up abotu Kirsten's name.

21FF907FCB10F6E87D6E684C2A64AB974B11FC34

Also, I was wondering if there was anything special about the voice chat on the GAF server, because I was on some random Arena server today, tested my mic, and I sounded very clear--no background noise. If you guys remember I usually sound like I'm in an airshaft or something.

Any idea?

Top Bottom