• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

I had fun. Here is that replay you wanted Java.

Sniper stopping the capture of E on Steel
31SFKDP6C7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
That jump video is cool and some of those maps look sweet. I feel like the jumps aren't realistic though, like soldiers use too many rockets, or jump too high, or in a normal game they'd die from fall damage. I dunno, mang. =(

Forkball

So I played on a Valve server tonight...

D879608C6E4A9DDC031CF07EBEF10C1B3B03F8C5

But I do have a hilarious story. So I switch to another Valve server and I'm on RED in Badwater. I go sniper, do fairly well, but they get to the last point and since another guy is already sniper and we have no spies, I decide to go Saharan Spy. My plan was to just DR my way back to the roof, and tease people coming out of spawn with my L'Etranger and maybe shoot a few teleporters. If anyone tried to attack me, I'd just DR and hide for a bit and repeat.

So I do this for about 30 seconds before a Medic decides to come up and attack me. No hat, zero points, must be F2P. I shoot at him a bit, but he gets me low enough where I decide it's time to DR. I bail out to grab metal and heal, and when I get back to the roof, he's still there patrolling the roof. I try to hit him from down below, but he decides to come after me AGAIN so I have to DR. I pull back a bit and wait a while so he would think I'm dead. I wait about 30 seconds, and when I go back... HE'S ON THE ROOF AGAIN.

He obviously knows I am dead ringing and is strangely determined to kill me. He's equipped with the Blut, so straight up firefights leave me at a disadvantage. We have our back and forths where I return to the roof, and we fight all the way back to the rocks in the first area where I DR and escape. He never checked the tunnel for some reason, so I would just make my way back there. One time I climbed to the upper left area and saw him standing, so I hit him with my L'Etranger a few times until he ran off.

I wait a good minute and see that he's not on the roof anymore. I take down a teleporter, but then up the stairs I see him charging at me with an Ubersaw. He definitely has a full uber by now. We pull all the way back to the first BLU spawn and I hid in the tunnel... except this time he came after me. My cloak was nowhere near full, so we firefight for a while and I get some good shots in so he's in the red. I DR, and while cloaked I take all the health and ammo near the rocks. While he's frantically looking for some health, I decloak right in front of him, and FINALLY finish him off with my gun and top it off with a taunt. My team won the match about 30 seconds later. BLU probably could have used a medic.

This entire affair went on for over nine minutes and he finished with 0 points.

So sides change, and I decide to go vanilla spy on BLU. I kill someone with my revolver, but I'm low on health, and who was the person to get the first kill on me that round? The determined medic from the round before. He had finally bested me. HL2.exe immediately crashed, how poetic.

Oreoleo

Nothing else is on

B-b-b-b-but the Grammy's!

And from what I've heard the 2nd half of the season is supposed to pop off a bit more than the first half which was just a bunch of standing around, basically. So there is hope yet that you won't think it is completely terrible.

AcciDante

B-b-b-b-but the Grammy's!

And from what I've heard the 2nd half of the season is supposed to pop off a bit more than the first half which was just a bunch of standing around, basically. So there is hope yet that you won't think it is completely terrible.

I doubt I'll ever really like it as more than a zombie show. The characters are very dull with few exceptions. Shane and redneck dude should just leave the main group to die and go about their own business. Dale can stick around to make faces at things, I guess. Actually, just the Dale face needs to live. That's it.

Oreoleo

I doubt I'll ever really like it as more than a zombie show. The characters are very dull with few exceptions. Shane and redneck dude should just leave the main group to die and go about their own business. Dale can stick around to make faces at things, I guess. Actually, just the Dale face needs to live. That's it.

I have to admit with the exception (acception ;) ) of Rick (sort of) they did a really awful job with casting. Redneck dude is cool but that character isn't even in the comic so he doesn't have any storyline/legacy to live up to like everyone else. Dale is cool too, he's one of the few characters that is actually likable.

Oh and fuck Shane. They should have stuck with his storyline from the comic. The actor actually does a decent job with it, but the character is totally unredeemable.

THE GRAMMYS ARE ON TONIGHT?!???

I only found out last night in the "Whitney Houston is fucking dead!" thread.

May or may not be the actual title of the thread

Javaman

some servers actively limit the number of each class in a given round.

but sometimes people just want to practice a certain skill rather than worry about winning/losing. after all, nothing is gained or lost in victory or defeat in tf2, really. not in casual play, anyway.
Oh reeeally? I punch myself in the balls everytime we lose. I can't be the only one.

My game actually runs better. Must be something to do with proper LOD and polygons on Vanilla weapons. That and I turned off thread optimization in nvidia Control panel. It will probably go back in the low fps when the other weapons come back.

I was on a sourceop server.

Lotus Clan is probably the worse of them all. At least Valve servers can have some good players on them. It seems like everyone on Lotus is new.

Sianos

a picture of engineers in their natural habitat

The best part of that picture is the wrangled blue sentry trying in vain to destroy the sentry nest. If only there was a class with remotely detonated bombs that stick to surfaces.

Payload generally degenerates into a mass of heavies swarming the cart on blue and a large wall of engineers on red. Limit Heavies and Engineers and the mode would be much better.

Also, your team always has four braindead Razorback snipers, but that's not the point.

Blizzard

Banned
blacklist lotus clan

they've always been the exemplary terrible tf2 server group, and they inflate their numbers with disguised bots
I thought there were those night-whatever servers that gave donators special superpowers and class upgrades, and THOSE servers were the terrible ones. I never knew lotus to use disguised bots to inflate numbers.

I thought there were those night-whatever servers that gave donators special superpowers and class upgrades, and THOSE servers were the terrible ones. I never knew lotus to use disguised bots to inflate numbers.

I blacklisted Nighteam a long time ago. I always just viewed LotusClan as more Valve servers.

Oreoleo

Woo, it was super fun playing "vanilla" TF2 (In quotes cause there is still airblasts, engies can move buildings etc) while the item server was down. Was on some random server playing medic and the only one on my team using a mic and people actually did what I said. I said "push up" and the team pushed up. Asked someone to switch to heavy, and I got a heavy. Needless to say, whatever team I was on kept winning over and over, and they were even scrambled twice.

Good stuff B|

Blizzard

Banned
Orellio, more like humblellio! :mad:

*edit* "These 10 stocks are set to crush the market in 2012. In fact, Warren Buffet just bought 9.3 million shares of one of these stocks. Click here for more on these stocks." :mad:

Top Bottom