• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

I thought that was just going to be a one-off romantic thing they did for someone very specifically, like the hat they made just for Notch. But no, they're actually selling $100 digital wedding bands. In TF2. And people will buy them. (Some of the same people who couldn't afford the Magnanimous Monarch, of course.)

Time to go flip some tables. A lot of tables.

commissar

Am I way late to the party and missed the few pages where we discussed the screencap of meet the pyro or is there a new screencap of meet the pyro on tf2.com?

It says coming 2012

Clydefrog

Mandatory update being pushed out:

Team Fortress 2
- Added Something Special For Someone Special
- Added The Snapped Pupil
- Added a new promo item
- Updated the Heavy's sandvich so it will only resupply ammo if the owner picks it up after dropping it. This means the only way to gain health from the sandvich is by eating it.
- Fixed the Red/Blue team skins not working on the Bonk Boy with the new styles
- Updated the in-game trading system to use the Steam trading menus
- Updated these items so they can be traded and crafted:
- The Warsworn Helmet
- The Bolgan
- The Bolgan Family Crest
- The Merc Medal
- The Battle Bob
- The Bushman's Boonie
- Updated cp_gravelpit
- Fixed z-fighting on the fan in the Red spawn building
- Fixed Red Engineers building inside their spawn room
- Hcqngrq gur ybpnyvmngvba svyrf

Sandvich nerf noooooooooo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o D: ;_;

It's like they noticed I've only been playing heavy all week, runnin' around with a holiday punch and droppin' mah sandviches left and right. :(

Forkball

Can you still drop the steak for healing?

CAN YOU?

[edit] Oh shit, this got in the game:

3B4B4F395D03E9D685E50833F515A9E70B91DDC4

I thought that was just going to be a one-off romantic thing they did for someone very specifically, like the hat they made just for Notch. But no, they're actually selling $100 digital wedding bands. In TF2. And people will buy them. (Some of the same people who couldn't afford the Magnanimous Monarch, of course.)

Time to go flip some tables. A lot of tables.
There's apparently a whole process to it where someone can accept or decline, and a message is broadcast throughout all servers much like the Golden Wrench.

But seriously people don't buy $100 digital rings.

Happy Valentine's Day, Heavy! We nerfed your Sandvich.

I guess it's a reasonable change. Though now all Heavies will want to be pocketed even more.

I guess I won't play ninja/solo/flanking Heavy quite so much.

There's apparently a whole process to it where someone can accept or decline, and a message is broadcast throughout all servers much like the Golden Wrench.

Exactly, they're reusing the broadcast system they set up for the Golden Wrench and similar announcements, and I'm guessing you can't turn off the announcements either.

But seriously people don't buy $100 digital rings.

People can name the rings whatever they want. It broadcasts their name across all servers. It's going to be a status thing of "look how awesome I am." People are going to buy the $100 digital rings. And Valve is going to rake in the money.

Thank you Mann Co. Store.

Yeef

Am I way late to the party and missed the few pages where we discussed the screencap of meet the pyro or is there a new screencap of meet the pyro on tf2.com?

It says coming 2012
Oh bacon. You are so, so late. That happened like 9 years ago (a little over a week).

Proven

yep, now for the modest price of 99$ you can grief people for all the (TF2) world to see, for 12 seconds...

For $99? I'm fine with this.

I am not fine with Heavy nerf. Not fine at all. Makes healing one on the go more annoying if you're not just playing pocket. I guess it can give me an excuse to use more QuickFix.

And here Yeef, you also got a nerf for the GRU this way! Hope you're happy.

XeroSauce

I just saw 12 or more messages come up about that ring.

Valve had literally made $2000 or more in less then an hour simply by pushing a button to release a GOD DAMN RING.

Yeef

Hint for spy players: On Attack/Defend style maps, your first priority at the beginning of the match should be taking out teleporters.

Sianos

This year Valentine's Day is:

[X] A beautiful declaration and celebration of love

[ ] A depressing consumerist holiday

Wait, Valve's selling $100 virtual rings. Maybe I should shift it to the middle?

I guess is like one of those things were people can't see their own problems.

To explain further, here are a list of people who can NEVER be happy:

Crushed
NSQuote
Kuro

That isn't true, I can be happy sometimes!

ArtistDude and Quote.

Do it!

Make it happen, Borgnine!

I thought Valentine's Day was a scheme so people waste money in shit tons of flowers that will die in a few days, and eating expensive chocolate.

Man, the things you learn.

Yeef

I thought Valentine's Day was a scheme so people waste money in shit tons of flowers that will die in a few days, and eating expensive chocolate.

Man, the things you learn.
Costingtons Manager: Okay, people, we need to cook up a new holiday for the summer. Something with gifts, cards, assorted gougeables.
Costingtons Woman: How about something religious? We had great penetration last spring with Christmas Two.
Costingtons Man: Oh, I know. Spendover, like Passover, less talk, more presents.
[Everyone starts talking at once]
Costingtons Manager: No, no, no! No, it's gotta be warm and fuzzy. Some like, um, "Love Day", but not so lame.
[cut to the Simpsons home several days later]
Marge Simpson: Happy Love Day, everyone!
Lisa Simpson: Come on, Mom, The stores just invented this holiday to make money.
Homer Simpson: Lisa, don't you ruin another Love Day.

Playing TF2, February 14, 2012:

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk