• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I got a bunch of awards last night. Thank you for not playing based Fallengorn.

Yeah, I usually have improv practice on Wednesdays now. You can buff your banner as much as you want.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking.

She plays TF2 with me but she refuses to use a mouse. :/ Macbook trackpad only...

That's nothing. This is how I play.

I activate my crit hacks by doing the running man.

oFmUu.png

Pretty cool TF2 Knife if you play Alliance of Valiant Arms this weekend.

Ballad's post from the steam thread about that rose knife.

Pick a server where my lag is minimum, pick heavy, 6 dominations in 1 life, MVP each round.

Feels good not having to lead the minigun.

Alliance of Valiant Arms isn't available in my region. This is bullshit.

Annoying Fuckface That Everyone Hates (X mini sentries built)
Oh god. lol

Pick a server where my lag is minimum, pick heavy, 6 dominations in 1 life, MVP each round.

Feels good not having to lead the minigun.

Alliance of Valiant Arms isn't available in my region. This is bullshit.

If you dont get one by the time I get one on my alt, you can have it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I have the achievement to get the Black Rose, but goddamn that game sucks.

It even made my PC BSOD when I closed it.

Feels bad.

6GB wasted for a TF2 item (which is most likely only a skin). Valve has me by the balls.

Forkball

I have the achievement to get the Black Rose, but goddamn that game sucks.

It even made my PC BSOD when I closed it.

Feels bad.

6GB wasted for a TF2 item (which is most likely only a skin). Valve has me by the balls.

WARNING: Alliance of Valiant Arms installs a rootkit. The knife looks cool, but it's not worth it for me. Hopefully it'll be added to the drop system since it has genuine quality if you get it from AVA.

BY2K

Membero Americo
WARNING: Alliance of Valiant Arms installs a rootkit. The knife looks cool, but it's not worth it for me. Hopefully it'll be added to the drop system since it has genuine quality if you get it from AVA.

What's a rootkit?

EDIT: Jesus fucking Christ, is there a quick way I can find this thing? This game is getting deleted pronto, I already have the achievement anyway.

yeoz

Details please. I mean, worst case, I can install it in on a temporary machine (virtual or not), get the item and then just blow it away, but, I'm curious as to the details.

What's a rootkit?
[oversimplification]A type of malware. A rootkit is something that can take control of your computer or run programs on it, without you being aware of it doing so. [/oversimplification] See wikipedia.

Fox318

What the fuck !? I just played this fucking game and I read this..

The game comes with GameGuard that where all the shits goes down.

Keylogger to record your keyboard input, etc. To make sure you are not cheating. I assume getting rid of GameGuard will get rid of everything else.

The rootkit in question is GameGuard, I believe.

GameGuard hides the game application process, monitors the entire memory range, terminates applications defined by the game vendor and INCA Internet to be cheats (QIP for example), blocks certain calls to DirectX functions and Windows APIs, keylogs your keyboard input, and auto-updates itself to change as new threats surface.

GameGuard possesses a database on game hacks based on security references from more than 260 game clients. Some editions of GameGuard are now bundled with INCA Internet's Tachyon anti-virus/anti-spyware library, and others with nProtect KeyCrypt, an anti-keylogger software that protects the keyboard input information.

Caveat Emptor.

Fox318

The game comes with GameGuard that where all the shits goes down.

Keylogger to record your keyboard input, etc. To make sure you are not cheating. I assume getting rid of GameGuard will get rid of everything else.

That just seems fucking insane though.

Why would Valve offer a product that installs anytype of keylogger?

Even if it is not intended to do any harm the word keylogger itself makes everybody panic!

Qwomo

could they have done this update some time other than peak hours on Friday night

edit: since when is today Thursday? what year is it?

Updates to Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include: Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
Fixed a client crash related to dynamic model loading
Fixed dedicated server not receiving restart requests when updates are released
Team Fortress 2
Fixed playing incorrect sounds for The Overdose
Fixed a broken Engineer animation for The Pomson 6000
Fixed Steam inventory/trading not showing the correct item level for some items
Fixed Steam inventory/trading sort order not matching the in-game backpack
Fixed the new styles for The Brown Bomber not using team colors
Fixed some clipping issues with the Warrior's Spirit
Updated pl_hoodoo_final
Removed door frame collision to resolve bots getting stuck in the cave during stage 2

Definitely forgot about the achievement not tradable stuff :(

When they gonna fix the Sharp Dresser animation?

They fixed the Pomson!

Took me over 30 min to just GET the update and start downloading it.

For those who don't know, the server auto downloads updates (then an admin restarts it to apply)... So it may be a while before that happens tonight, judging.

leroidys

Posting here as well as the trading thread. Anyone have a spare Soda Popper and Backburner for trade?

I have a soda popper, but my only spare backburner ATM is a vintage (which I would trade for another vintage item).

EDIT:

If anyone needs a

Sharpened Volcano Fragment
Bootlegger
Discilpinary Action
Enforcer
Family Business
Gunboats
Degreaser
Liberty Launcher
Loch n Load
Market Gardener