• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Now I actually want this to turn into the Halo thread.

Exclusive Halo 4 preview:

90sT0.jpg

Tenck

Well I really like Borgnine's songs even before remixes, so here are the originals:

http://soundcloud.com/julia-my-love

Speaking of viral marketing, I linked the songs to a friend last night, and he posted them on Facebook while tagging another friend. By like a week, you'll have more views than Justin Bieber!

Is this really Borgnine singing? Voice is amazing, and I just got done listening to 5 songs. Going to listen to them all.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Creepynne is a regular beiber! You're now Biebernine.

Actually pretty good stuff. You're a talented, if a bit creepy, one.

And your name is generic as hell too.

Yeef

Down to Last Point On Foundry:

No one defends.

Sometimes I wonder if you people are just bots pretending to be real people.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Down to Last Point On Foundry:

No one defends.

Sometimes I wonder if you people are just bots pretending to be real people.

'Okay, Heavy / Medic, you defend the last point as the rest of us push and capture the next point.'

Heavy / Medic leave point ten seconds later and Scout back caps it. Or me saying 'stay on the cart', as it's on the brink of being capped, immediately leaves everyone to flee from the cart to chase a Spy, or something and we lose.

Yeef

I learned two things about the phlogistinator today:

• The Damage Reduction doesn't apply to backstabs.
  • Unlike the Banners, building MMPH is based on standard damage and ignores damage reduction (from stuff like Dead Ringer and Fists of Steel). [This is probably a bug]

So, burning a Dead Ringing spy is a good way to build mmph. More importantly though, theoretically, the phlogistinator can counter itself by using the taunting pyro to build mmph and then counter-mmphing.

Oreoleo

Scumbag Blizzard: eats sandvich on top of respawning health.

Haha, I had like 20hp left and burning through it fast. I round the corner thinking "please be there please be there." The health isn't there, BUT there's Blizzard and I know he has a sandwich. What luck! We'll both be healed and out of here in no time. Then I watch in horror as the health respawns and gets instantly picked up right as Blizzard puts the sandwich to his mouth. And I died in a crumple at his feet while he was still om nomming :(

Javaman said:
Oreo's finest moment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz2DnaxWrRA

For some reason my voice/taunt is missing.

I had a bad rocket jump in front of Dante tonight too and he called me out on it. Why do you guys have to notice these things :(

DogWelder

Haha, I had like 20hp left and burning through it fast. I round the corner thinking "please be there please be there." The health isn't there, BUT there's Blizzard and I know he has a sandwich. What luck! We'll both be healed and out of here in no time. Then I watch in horror as the health respawns and gets instantly picked up right as Blizzard puts the sandwich to his mouth. And I died in a crumple at his feet while he was still om nomming :(
Honestly I was cracking up as I heard your screams of anger and anguish.

Javaman saved the server with that last minute change to Upward. Good times! My nemesis of the night was definitely Snacks the sober sea lion. Dude had that scattergun all up in me.

AcciDante

Javaman saved the server with that last minute change to Upward. Good times! My nemesis of the night was definitely Snacks the sober sea lion. Dude had that scattergun all up in me.

Snaaaaaaaaaaaacks! Smart enough to always switch to shotgun on his soldier when I'm a pyro. I don't like it one bit.

rezuth

I learned two things about the phlogistinator today:

• [*]The Damage Reduction doesn't apply to backstabs.
  • Unlike the Banners, building MMPH is based on standard damage and ignores damage reduction (from stuff like Dead Ringer and Fists of Steel). [This is probably a bug]

So, burning a Dead Ringing spy is a good way to build mmph. More importantly though, theoretically, the phlogistinator can counter itself by using the taunting pyro to build mmph and then counter-mmphing.
Are you sure? 10% of 1800 is still 180.

Blizzard

Banned
What luck, a french fry stuck in my beard!

Orellio said:
I had a bad rocket jump in front of Dante tonight too and he called me out on it. Why do you guys have to notice these things :(
Was that the one where Java was like "Sweet rocket jump!" and everyone cracked up? I was in a building and didn't see it. =(

Yeef

Are you sure? 10% of 1800 is still 180.
I haven't done it myself, but a bunch of people who've done it before it works.

Also, backstabs don't deal 1800 damage; they deal 6x the target's current health. It'd be impossible for a backstab to kill anyone with 90% resistance unless they were at 1 health.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The 2 things i've started noticing about the direct hit.

1) It's not very direct. The rocket actually goes a few mm off to the right of your aiming thingy. I've totally forgotten the word for it. So you now need to add that in along with anticipation of where they should be.

2) I can't hit scouts at all. They fucking destroy me.

Stupid direct hit, Yet i still use you.

1) It's not very direct. The rocket actually goes a few mm off to the right of your aiming thingy. I've totally forgotten the word for it. So you now need to add that in along with anticipation of where they should be.
That's every rocket launcher except The Original.

Lag compensation?

Just gotta predict where they're going to land/run to. My problem is that I like to aim low, and people keep jumping over my rockets, lol.

Oreoleo

Lag compensation?

Nah that's not what he's talking about.

Most (well, idk, honestly) FPS games, bullets, projectiles etc come out of your "eyes" and go straight towards where you are aiming. That's why in a lot of games you can fire over the top of cover as long as you are looking at what you want to hit, even though your gun is very much still in cover. With TF2, at least with projectiles, idk about hitscan weapons, they come out of your gun at an angle, so if you are standing at a corner, the rocket/pipe bomb whatever will hit the wall even if the majority of your body is out of cover.

Nah that's not what he's talking about.

Most (well, idk, honestly) FPS games, bullets, projectiles etc come out of your "eyes" and go straight towards where you are aiming. That's why in a lot of games you can fire over the top of cover as long as you are looking at what you want to hit, even though your gun is very much still in cover. With TF2, at least with projectiles, idk about hitscan weapons, they come out of your gun at an angle, so if you are standing at a corner, the rocket/pipe bomb whatever will hit the wall even if the majority of your body is out of cover.

oh I thought he was refering to aiming the rocket.

Scouts aren't that bad to kill with the direct hit if you use a little prediction and don't waste your rockets until they start to try moving in close to you, which they will because scout players are cocky little bastards. The Direct Hit is the best melee weapon in the game.

Now don't get me started with trying to kill scouts with the grenade laucher. Nine out of ten times that I do manage to kill a scout with it, I end up killing myself in the process since they'll have charged me and there's nothing a poor defenseless demoman can do about it aside from hope he has a soldier or pyro teammate close by.

I would kill for a The Original type grenade launcher for the demoman rather than 10 million melee weapons that all do the same thing.

Top Bottom