• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

DogWelder

Server's always dead on Sat night.

zWcQf.png

Forkball

Penny-Arcade has this new section called PA Reports that focuses on gaming articles. One of the writers recently went to Valve's offices, and here are a few TF2 things posted around the office.

v19.jpg

v20a.jpg

v24.jpg

v36.jpg

v25.jpg

The last picture is supposedly of upcoming merchandise. Notice the RED and BLU scarves.

The food is cold. I'm really worried about you now. Please pick up your phone. This really wasn't how I wanted you to find out, but I just have to tell you... I'm pregnant.

Yeef

Hmm.

Judging by the release schedule of the major patches over the last two years and the 2012 outline, I think the update schedule will look something like this (provided Forkball doesn't weigh in):

• April - 'Secret Project' [Raid Mode]
  • June - Saxxy Update #2 [Official Source Filmmaker Release]
  • July - Meet the Pyro Update / Saxxy Awards
  • September - Major Update (Not sure of the theme, but they may just make it another Manniversary)
  • October - Halloween Update
  • December - Christmas Update

(I am bored, but too tired from work to do anything).

Sianos

That sounds about right. There'll also probably be the Medic and Scout space weapon update somewhere in there too.

Haha, I know that feeling, Yeef.

Bluth54

Hmm.

Judging by the release schedule of the major patches over the last two years and the 2012 outline, I think the update schedule will look something like this (provided Forkball doesn't weigh in):

• April - 'Secret Project' [Raid Mode]
  • June - Saxxy Update #2 [Official Source Filmmaker Release]
  • July - Meet the Pyro Update / Saxxy Awards
  • September - Major Update (Not sure of the theme, but they may just make it another Manniversary)
  • October - Halloween Update
  • December - Christmas Update

(I am bored, but too tired from work to do anything).

I'll weigh in.

I would guess that the Saxxy's will be in May again, I don't really see Valve changing that. I do agree we'll likely get Source Filmmaker at some point this year, likely after the Saxxys (assuming meet the pyro is out before that). I don't think we'll get Meet the Pryo during the Saxxys since it would likely overshadow the other videos.

My guess:

Late March/ Early April - Major update, Meet the Pyro, possibly secret project.
May - Saxxys /Source filmmaker (other secret)
September - 2nd Manniversary update (major update), possibly secret project
October - Halloween Update
December - Christmas Update

OR

Late March/ Early April - Major update, Meet the Pyro, possibly secret project
May - Saxxys /Source filmmaker (other secret)
Late July/Early August - Major update, possibly secret project
September - 2nd Manniversary update (smaller update, mostly cosmetic items like last year)
October - Halloween Update
December - Christmas Update

I also assume we'll also see at least 3 or 4 smaller content packs in the other months like the Shogun Pack/Manno-Technology pack/Community Map pack (at least I hope we get another community map pack, but maps don't make Valve money like weapons and hats do).

I was sort of torn about throwing in another major update in the summer months, but it just doesn't seem like Valve has as many people working on the game and are releasing as many major updates for the game as they did a couple of years ago. I think it sort of depends on how long it takes them, it would be easy to make the Manniversary update a major update, or they could make it a fairly small one again like the one last year with mostly new cosmetic items.

I also see Valve continue to try and release one cosmetic items a week for TF2 like they have been doing for awhile now. I see them failing to release one at least 5+ times this year, not including weeks they likely aren't working like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Release one cosmetic item a week. Break the game twice a week...

I always had crashes, but they were gone for a bit and then came back...all for some goddamn hats.

Yeef

I think I'm coming down with n0b syndrome.

(That's where I hate and criticize all of you for being bad at the game).

Tenck

I think I'm coming down with n0b syndrome.

(That's where I hate and criticize all of you for being bad at the game).

He's pretty chill right now. If I was coaching myself (like n0b does sometimes) I'd probably kill me. But n0b is so fun to play with since he's always laughing and making others laugh :3

IF YOU'RE READING THIS NOB, I AM SORRY I SUCK AT DOTA 2 ;_;

Forkball

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we get nothing big until May with the Saxxys. Then a major update in June/July with Meet the Pyro and Raid Mode. The Scout and Medic Grordbort stuff could hit in March or April though. Of course we will get promos, but it's hard to predict if we will get major promos like Deus Ex and Shogun from last year.

Top Bottom