• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Blizzard

Banned
I think the sydney sleeper used to go through sentries. The two things that made the sydney sleeper awesome for more than trolling were bodyshotting a medic behind a heavy, and killing an engineer through his sentry.

AcciDante

I'm gonna open 10 new crates when I get that many and give away the stranges on here again. If any of you don't want your new crates, give me a jingle! The quest for a random uncrated unusual continues.

AcciDante said:
I'm gonna open 10 new crates when I get that many and give away the stranges on here again. If any of you don't want your new crates, give me a jingle! The quest for a random uncrated unusual continues.
why would you spend keys to give away unusuals?

do i qualify for this drawing? :3

jdogmoney

AcciDante said:

Strange jarate would be awesome.

Thoraxes

Screencap of the night:
49200122A78A11B90A86CA9769EAE1C0A8CF9D7B

AcciDante

Cuban Legend said:
i meant to say stranges, I always mix up the two classifications somehow...

So what's your reason?
Just hoping to one day get an unusual that way, and I don't care about stranges at all so I just give em away.

Oreoleo

Soka said:
That sniper rifle is insane. Really nothing else to say about it.

Yeah. I don't know if it is actually better than the OG sniper, or if it's the tracer helping me place my shots better, or just a placebo effect but I seemed to be doing pretty well with it tonight. Hopefully they nerf it so I can get a strange sniper rifle and use that without feeling like I'm holding myself back :D

Proven

Got home, just heard about the update, glad I didn't get many drops last night. Will be on tomorrow. I want that Engy shotgun *drool*....

Edit: Then I read about the defense shield. I'm assuming it'll be like timing an airblast, but instead of reflecting you'll have your sentry (or just the rest of your team) firing with impunity. Gives Gunslinger Engy a very good way to push with his team at times when 150 health won't be safe enough. I CAN'T CHOOSE!

Yeef

I updated hlstats with all the new weapons.

Diamondback is interesting to me. It's a nice foil to the frontier justice. Spy saps engie nest, both get crits. Showdown.

Did some tests. Just like the justice, the Diamondback maxes out at 35 crits stored.

[EDIT] I'm disappointed that there's no strange blutsauger. I was planning on getting one for Javaman.

Forkball

I got a double body shot (almost triple if the guy had like one less health, he immediately got killed by a sentry after I shot him). The damage on the new gun seems pretty wonky. Sometimes I noticed that it would do 43 damage, and the default sniper rifle never hits for that weak. Also on full charge, it ranged from 150 to over 175 for a bodyshot. Hitting a heavy for 518 damage is awesome though, if unnecessary.

Yeef

Forkball said:
I got a double body shot (almost triple if the guy had like one less health, he immediately got killed by a sentry after I shot him). The damage on the new gun seems pretty wonky. Sometimes I noticed that it would do 43 damage, and the default sniper rifle never hits for that weak. Also on full charge, it ranged from 150 to over 175 for a bodyshot. Hitting a heavy for 518 damage is awesome though, if unnecessary.
It sounds like you're playing on a server with damage spread.0 It's disabled on the GAF server. Non-crits will can do 15% more or less damage than normal when it's enabled. So a non-charged body shot with the new rifle can do anywhere from 45 to 57 damage. A fully charged body shot would do anywhere from 146 to 198 damage.

As for 518 damage, it means you can 1-shot a fists of steel heavy as long as they're not overhealed. I still say they need to make the fists reduction not apply to crits.

I want to practice some certain situations.

Is there a way I can load up an empty map, place some stuff down, like a sentry/dispencer and some bots?

Thoraxes

MotionBlue said:
Deeply disappointed by the Engi weapons.

The new sniper rifle is fun on the bun.
The new Engy pistol replacement and shotgun are AMAZING. The zapper makes Engys always live through demoman ubers now, without any help from teammates.

derFeef

Thoraxes said:
The new Engy pistol replacement and shotgun are AMAZING. The zapper makes Engys always live through demoman ubers now, without any help from teammates.
Can you still whack stuff with the zapper?

I don't even understand how I'm supposed to use the new Engie zapper thing. I've managed to get one kill with it.

The new shotgun seems like it'd have its uses, I don't think I'll switch from Frontier Justice though.

Thoraxes

derFeef said:
Can you still whack stuff with the zapper?
I'm talking about the new electric pistol replacement that removes projectiles and stickies... Are we talking about the same thing? If so, no, it's just a gun and does not melee.

butter_stick said:
I don't even understand how I'm supposed to use the new Engie zapper thing. I've managed to get one kill with it.

The new shotgun seems like it'd have its uses, I don't think I'll switch from Frontier Justice though.
It's not meant to be used offensively. It's to save your ass from demomen who are spamming your nest with stickies and such. It completely removes them, keeping your things safe.

butter_stick said:

Your doing it wrong, you shoot projectiles like rockets, grenades, sticky bombs, etc to protect your equipment. Hes a 1 man army now.

derFeef

Thoraxes said:
I'm talking about the new electric pistol replacement that removes projectiles and stickies... Are we talking about the same thing? If so, no, it's just a gun and does not melee.
Oh, it kinda looked like an arm replacement at first glance, sorry.

Thoraxes

derFeef said:
Oh, it kinda looked like an arm replacement at first glance, sorry.
Ah that's fine. There is a new Arm cosmetic item for the heavy I believe, which is maybe what you were thinking of.

Oh wait nevermind, it kinda does look like a new hand for him, heh.

giancarlo123x said:
Your doing it wrong, you shoot projectiles like rockets, grenades, sticky bombs, etc to protect your equipment. Hes a 1 man army now.

Haha, I see.

Yeah, I can see the use of that for sure. I'll try it out.

Javaman

From the description the eng electro thing sounds over powered. So an eng can now single handedly stop an uberdemo?

Thanks for the strange bluts offer Yeef and Accidente! Maybe they'll offer it in a future crate. Have they had any 2nd sets of strange weapons for any classes yet?

I mentioned this the other night on the server but here's a couple of things valve should do to make the quickfix suck less...

1. Let you heal yourself when activated with no target.
2. Don't drop the speed bonus when activated.
3. Treat crit damage as regular when activated.
4. Allow 20% overheal

The first seem more like bugs/oversights to me and I think at least those should be fixed

Yeef

Javaman said:
From the description the eng electro thing sounds over powered. So an eng can now single handedly stop an uberdemo?
Well, each shot takes 35 metal and the range on it is about the same as the flamethrower, but yes, provided quick thinking and a dispenser an engineer can stop a demo from destroying his buildings. just more reason to uber pyros.

It's actaully decently useful for protecting the cart if you're of BLU on a payload map. You can just shutdown the spam.

Thanks for the strange bluts offer Yeef and Accidente! Maybe they'll offer it in a future crate. Have they had any 2nd sets of strange weapons for any classes yet?
Nope.

I mentioned this the other night on the server but here's a couple of things valve should do to make the quickfix suck less...

1. Let you heal yourself when activated with no target.
2. Don't drop the speed bonus when activated.
3. Treat crit damage as regular when activated.
4. Allow 20% overheal

The first seem more like bugs/oversights to me and I think at least those should be fixed
The bolded is most certainly a bug. The quick fix is also bugged so that speed bonuses aren't taken into account. Meaning a demo with heads, a gas jockey pyro, a whipped player and any other faster-than-medic class (other than a scout) doesn't boost your speed.

I don't think it should be given any overheal normally, but allowing full overheal during the MegaHeal would be great. It also needs to not drain the extra uber when you hit multiple targets quickly during megaheal.

MarkMclovin said:
I want to practice some certain situations.

Is there a way I can load up an empty map, place some stuff down, like a sentry/dispencer and some bots?
Download tr_walkway.

Once you have it downloaded, just type "map tr_walkway_rc2" into console.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
Well, each shot takes 35 metal and the range on it is about the same as the flamethrower, but yes, provided quick thinking and a dispenser an engineer can stop a demo from destroying his buildings. just more reason to uber pyros.
Is there something I'm missing about damage, or are you talking about homewrecker pyros?

Once upon a time you could circle strafe level 3 sentries to kill them, but nowadays doesn't it take 2-3 seconds just to destroy a dispenser or teleporter with concentrated flamethrower fire on it? I feel like flames take FOREVER to destroy buildings.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Of the four new weapons, on the Machina seems viable. The Diamondback is more or less an even more situational version of the Ambassador, and both Engineer weapons have metal costs far to high to be viable.

The "Whops, missed 3 shots, now out of ammo!" shotgun, and the "Oops, I destroyed my own teams Projectiles" electric gun thingy.

My Guess of changes:
Machina: Will do less damage when not fully charged, tracer round will last longer
Diamondback: Slight buff to damage
Engineer weapons: Lower Metal Cost.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
Of the four new weapons, on the Machina seems viable. The Diamondback is more or less an even more situational version of the Ambassador, and both Engineer weapons have metal costs far to high to be viable.

The "Whops, missed 3 shots, now out of ammo!" shotgun, and the "Oops, I destroyed my own teams Projectiles" electric gun thingy.
I assumed the shotgun would work well with a full dispenser so you can resupply yourself if you miss. I didn't realize the electric gun destroyed your own team's projectiles. Maybe that's a bug?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
I assumed the shotgun would work well with a full dispenser so you can resupply yourself if you miss. I didn't realize the electric gun destroyed your own team's projectiles. Maybe that's a bug?
It likely is a bug for now. Even then, I think both could use smaller metal requirements.

Top Bottom