• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Harpuia said:
I'm not too familar with good servers.
How about, oh, the GAF server, in its 5 hour period of activity?

Dechaios said:
Can't trade genuines? Someone just traded me Genuine Nanobalaclava.
Oh, then never mind. Some people before were saying you couldn't, ether Valve already changed it or they were wrong.

Yeef

For some reason the Valve servers won't let me use any of the Deus Ex weapons. They work fine on any non-Valve server, but on the Valve server they're just replaced with their stock counterpart, with the exception of the new engineer shotgun, which is replaced with nothing.

Also, on a non-Valve server, I built a mini sentry, changed my wrench to the jag and the mini-sentry wasn't destroyed. I had to manually destroy it. After some testing, it looks like equipping the gunslinger will instantly destroy all of your buildings and let you build mini-sentries even if you haven't hit a resupply locker to change it out yet. If you change from the gunslinger to another melee weapon (actually hitting a resupply locker) while a mini sentry it being built it'll stay out until it's destroyed.

Yeef said:
For some reason the Valve servers won't let me use any of the Deus Ex weapons. They work fine on any non-Valve server, but on the Valve server they're just replaced with their stock counterpart, with the exception of the new engineer shotgun, which is replaced with nothing.

Also, on a non-Valve server, I built a mini sentry, changed my wrench to the jag and the mini-sentry wasn't destroyed. I had to manually destroy it. After some testing, it looks like equipping the gunslinger will instantly destroy all of your buildings and let you build mini-sentries even if you haven't hit a resupply locker to change it out yet. If you change from the gunslinger to another melee weapon (actually hitting a resupply locker) while a mini sentry it being built it'll stay out until it's destroyed.
Did you try upgrading it to lvl 3 minisentry?

Harpuia said:
I'd love to play on the GAF server, but my TF2 time never coincides with GAF server activity.
That's why I told Yeef to make daytime announcements, we did for a while and a lot of people joined.

Clydefrog

Harpuia said:
I'd love to play on the GAF server, but my TF2 time never coincides with GAF server activity.

Just browse servers and search for lowest latency. After a couple of tries, I guarantee you'll find a decent server.

If you live on the west coast (CA?) I can give you a few.

mojiimbo

Dechaios said:
I can't believe it but I just had my second hat drop in two days! Have hat drop rates gone up or am I just lucky?

Got Geisha today and Drill Sergeant yesterday.
Probably just a fluke but in the last month I've gotten a Whoopee Cap, Furious Fukaamigasa, Cosa Nostra Cap and a Pot just last night. Before this streak I had only gotten a Spartan like 3 months ago.

mojiimbo said:
Probably just a fluke but in the last month I've gotten a Whoopee Cap, Furious Fukaamigasa, Cosa Nostra Cap and a Pot just last night. Before this streak I had only gotten a Spartan like 3 months ago.

G3izH.jpg

Edit: 2 Spiderman pics on the same page. Yes!

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
Did you try upgrading it to lvl 3 minisentry?
Yeah, it doesn't work.

[EDIT] For some reason the strange Jarate doesn't accumulate on Valve servers. Works fine on any other server.

webrunner

Blizzard said:
Wow, I'm surprised they made the mask lens thing work on the pyro. The summer sunglasses looked kind of weird because they were over the mask.

This update seems fairly polished...was anyone having framerate die on the sniper rifle trail, like the rocket laser trail previously? And they even put in kill icons, including the killed-by-bullet-through-someone-else icon!

I kinda like the summer sunglasses on the pyro, because he wears them off-kilter with one ear thing lower than the other.

Proven

Why is it that everyone assumes that any item added to TF2 that's not a hat, shield, liquid, or food, must be a weapon?

I'm tired of people trying to use the Short Circuit to kill people...

Proven said:
Why is it that everyone assumes that any item added to TF2 that's not a hat, shield, liquid, or food, must be a weapon?

I'm tired of people trying to use the Short Circuit to kill people...
But doesn't it kill?

moojito

Cloudius12 said:
I really want to try the new weapons for Engineer, but Gunslinger with those weapons is a bad mix.

I've only recently gotten into the gunslinger on certain maps (mainly cp5 and koth). On koth sawmill, the mini sentry is a beast!

Clydefrog

I love killing mini sentries. I think my K:D ratio against mini sentries has to be at least 30:1. My arrows' best friend is the mini sentry.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Clydefrog said:
I love killing mini sentries. I think my K:D ratio against mini sentries has to be at least 30:1. My arrows' best friend is the mini sentry.

Let's just check the official record... oh interesting. You have never won the daily mini-sentry destroyed record, and have destroyed precisely 0.0 mini-sentries in the last 30 days.

As punishment for your deception you shall give out gifts to the entire server tonight (wait until I'm on).

Clydefrog

Borgnine said:
Let's just check the official record... oh interesting. You have never won the daily mini-sentry destroyed record, and have destroyed precisely 0.0 mini-sentries in the last 30 days.

As punishment for your deception you shall give out gifts to the entire server tonight (wait until I'm on).

What, really? :( I blame my neck for the lack of playing time.

and you must know the days of gifts are over. You guys all have alt accounts so there's no use in me being generous.

mojiimbo

Any idle farmers know what it means when the TF2 command line looking box says it fetched a new item schema via HTTP and an update is queued? I tried rebooting TF2 and rebooting Steam but neither got rid of that message.

Also, what settings do I need to use in Sandboxie so that the parallel Steam installations can access the same 10GB Steam/TF2 installation? Right now I just copy and pasted my initial installation but it'd be cool to get that 10GB back. Thanks!

Clydefrog said:
What, really? :( I blame my neck for the lack of playing time.

and you must know the days of gifts are over. You guys all have alt accounts so there's no use in me being generous.

uhh
i guess i should start using my idle account again

It gets super annoying when all your team are depending on you because no one else knows how to fucking play medic. Joined a server, and had to play medic for 6 rounds because they couldn't do shit otherwise, and the wasted kritz. My god.

Acerac

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Nothing more soul-crushing than dying as an Engineer, and watching all of your buildings slowly lose health until they all explode. :(
True, but when another engie saves your buildings at the last second all the pain is replaced with an equal amount of joy.
Sgt.Pepper said:
It gets super annoying when all your team are depending on you because no one else knows how to fucking play medic. Joined a server, and had to play medic for 6 rounds because they couldn't do shit otherwise, and the wasted kritz. My god.
I can't play medic on random servers; it's not worth dealing with the incompetence.

Strange, because he has become my main lately on GAF. I guess that's what happens when you have good players to heal.

Apologies for sucking as medic thusfar guys, I'm still learning!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Sgt.Pepper said:
My issue with playing Medic is that when I do there is a high chance that the other team gets destroyed. It's easily my favourite class in TF2 but the fact that whenever I touch the damn thing it makes everything crap sometimes. I'm one of those hippies that believes in a TF2 where equal chances are the best possible outcome; those rounds where the score reads 7-8 at the end of everything and no team is dominating like crazy.

Conversely however there are moments where an opposing side is being demolished (team stack, other team playing horribly with no structure, etc) I am much more willing to go Medic and cockblock everything. It's amusing at times when RED is having their arse handed to them on Gold Rush and then I swap to go Kritz and BLU hits a brickwall. My highest invulns score comes from such an occasion, it's nothing great and I'm sure there are higher numbers out there but I love that little "10" number beside invulns.

Acerac said:
I can't play medic on random servers; it's not worth dealing with the incompetence.

Strange, because he has become my main lately on GAF. I guess that's what happens when you have good players to heal.

Apologies for sucking as medic thusfar guys, I'm still learning!
All it takes for doing random servers is noticing the scoreboard and see how it goes. Sometimes you pick a Soldier and they'd as sooner ditch you when everything dries up, but there are others out there who will protect you to the end. Most rounds last for 20 mins anyway, more than enough time to dip and test the waters with random players.

Grimm Fandango said:
That's what I use but people have different preferences.
Thank you kindly, Grimm.

About how long do you let it idle? When I'm done do I remove the launch options and load up the game as usual for item notifications?

Top Bottom