• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

I don't know it was that dumb thing at the end of barn blitz where everyone went heavy.

Every heavy but me shot up to the top of the leaderboard :(

Avocado

I was in a small Highlander tourney with my team playing as medic this weekend, and it was quite fun.

I'd like to show you our crazy pyro though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFU_E3q0EKA&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

1:35 into the video he deflects a rocket and uses it to rocketjump towards the enemy teams medic, nearly finishing him off.

He also made a video where he uses more of this technique.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZVjApIxUAc&feature=related

Makes me glad he is on my team and not the other.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys,

Whgen your team is using an uber on the last point (or any point), you should support them by killing the main menaces once the uber fades, especially Demos/Snipers, who will kill the medic unless people help him. Engineers take this change to place a sentry, even lvl 1/Mini-sentries help a lot, Demo/Soldiers clear the way, Pyros either airblast enemy Pyros, and Snipers/Spy are there for, er, support, killing main targets (Engineers/Medics).

Neither team won Barnblitz on offense because the others didn't move on with them. Pangloss did great in holding the last point, in Offense and Defense, it is a lot easier holding a point that pushing. That way you avoid the other team pushing you back.

Also, protect your medics, IF YOU FUCKING SEE A SOLDIER ATTACKING YOUR MEDIC KILL HIM.

'k? Thanks.

More tips for the gaf server? People still want to win?! O:

Probably my favorite Spy player. What I like most is that he actually plays against decent players. Most Spy compilations seem to take place on Valve servers with clueless Gibus-wearers.

The Ambassador definitely rewards good general FPS skill. I recently got my buddy, who is a long time FPS player (mainly Counter-Strike 1.5, 1.6 & Source), into TF2, and after like 4 hours played as Spy he got an Ambassador drop. He then proceeded to rape me with headshots in a series of 1v1 Ambassador duels. It was ridiculous.

I don't know it was that dumb thing at the end of barn blitz where everyone went heavy.

Every heavy but me shot up to the top of the leaderboard :(
I was the 1%. I was heavy the whole push, then switched to engineer once everyone else went heavy. Haha, I can't be part of a heavy spam.

Thanks for the Direct Hit, btw. Having a blast with it.

Yeef

Messing around with the mantreads and using them for real (instead of just trying to goomba stomp) and the knockback resistance makes fighting other soldiers and demomen so much easier. Since their hits don't send you flying in all directions, missing a shot becomes so much less likely. I think I'll play with them tonight on the jank and see how I do.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Since their hits don't send you flying in all directions, missing a shot becomes so much less likely. I think I'll play with them tonight on the jank and see how I do.

You'd also be a more static target though. I think I die more often from losing track of someone after shooting them to the moon than from screwed up shots due to knockback.

Yeef

You'd also be a more static target though. I think I die more often from losing track of someone after shooting them to the moon than from screwed up shots due to knockback.
I never have problems tracking other people if I'm not being knocked back.

I will duel you tonight and we will see, Bugle Boy!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Bring it.

dillonyousonofabitchdrgf.gif

Just warning you guys, I'm going to try to damage your in game avatars tonight by aiming with my mouse and hitting the left mouse button. Prepare yourselves!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Probably my favorite Spy player. What I like most is that he actually plays against decent players. Most Spy compilations seem to take place on Valve servers with clueless Gibus-wearers.

The Ambassador definitely rewards good general FPS skill. I recently got my buddy, who is a long time FPS player (mainly Counter-Strike 1.5, 1.6 & Source), into TF2, and after like 4 hours played as Spy he got an Ambassador drop. He then proceeded to rape me with headshots in a series of 1v1 Ambassador duels. It was ridiculous.

All those facestabs...

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
This is going to be the worst part about not being able to play. THE WORST PART! :(

Don't worry, the map has failed. It's WAY bigger than I thought it would be. I'm going to re-tool it and reduce it by no less than 75% in size.

I put lots ledges and decks for snipers and scouts thinking the other classes would be able to reach them, but there's just too much space. Of course this wouldn't be a problem if you all cabermaned over there and took them out like you were supposed to.

Sianos

It appears to dreaded sound loop HL2.exe crash has returned, rendering me pretty much useless to the team. :(

At least the game locks up on amusing phrases.

Yeef

Mantreads are ridiculously overpowered. I took out the whole Red team with them on during the second stage of Nightfall and they never recovered.

I don't think pyros should get a full point for extinguishing dudes. I was top of the leaderboard for nucleus and I really didn't do much. Make it half a point.

Also scale is definitely what I was worried about making my map (whenever I finally decide do finally put in work on it). It can be really hard to figure it out in that editor. Everything will be fine relative to everything else, but to the players and stuff. I'll just have to test it all the time or it'll end up like Borgnines.

Yeef

I say leave it at 1 point. Anything that incentivizes actually extinguishing teammates is a plus.

Honestly, I think they need to expand the tutorials to all classes. It's silly how many people don't even seem to know that you can extinguish teammates (or even what an airblast is).

Don't worry, the map has failed. It's WAY bigger than I thought it would be. I'm going to re-tool it and reduce it by no less than 75% in size.

I put lots ledges and decks for snipers and scouts thinking the other classes would be able to reach them, but there's just too much space. Of course this wouldn't be a problem if you all cabermaned over there and took them out like you were supposed to.

dUUnS.gif

Top Bottom