• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Re-post if not posted

G8tMI.gif

That Pyro is my hero.

TeegsD

Anyone know of any decent VPN that I could use to play this game while at school. Ping is unbearable. Free would be better but I'll pay if need be. I've been looking around but can't find much out there.

Hope people are on after Walking Dead. I was having fun with the Direct Hit tonight.
Me too. I was just getting into a groove with my new S. Amby. It's so much easier to aim with lower sensitivity. I got a way bigger mousepad so I lowered my sensitivity from 5.5 to 2.5. Still kinda getting used to it but me likey.

r0lTX.jpg

Me too. I was just getting into a groove with my new S. Amby. It's so much easier to aim with lower sensitivity. I got a way bigger mousepad so I lowered my sensitivity from 5.5 to 2.5. Still kinda getting used to it but me likey.

Man i don't have enough room on my desk for an actual mousepad so i use the dvd case for the longest yard

Sianos

I don't have enough room on my desk for a mousepad either, I should try out a DVD case.

Anything less than six sensitivity feels too slow for me, but I've been trying out stabby's Amby scripts and really liking them. Being able to switch from fast paced twitch aiming to refined sharpshooting on the fly feels very smooth.

*Not-so-stealth edit - I changed my avatar so have my in-game name.

Man i don't have enough room on my desk for an actual mousepad so i use the dvd case for the longest yard

Geez. Although my Lakers mousepad probably wasn't much larger than that. What sensitivity do you play at?

I don't have enough room on my desk for a mousepad either, I should try out a DVD case.

Anything less than six sensitivity feels too slow for me, but I've been trying out stabby's Amby scripts and really liking them. Being able to switch from fast paced twitch aiming to refined sharpshooting on the fly feels very smooth.

I used to use his scripts but I ended up feeling more distracted by them than anything. I got rid of everything but his weapon-specific sensitivity and his Amby script, which I tweaked to my liking. It's for when I'm trying to snipe someone long distance (like those Engis on Gold Rush tonight.)

Here it is:

Code:
// Mouse5 = Toggle Revolver Sensitivity
alias spysenz "firo"
alias firo "slot1; sensitivity 1.3; developer 1; echo ::::::::::::::::::::Spy Sensitivity LOWERED::::::::::::::::::::; wait 100; developer 0; alias spysenz xetsog"
alias xetsog "slot1; sensitivity 2.3; developer 1; echo ::::::::::::::::::::Spy Sensitivity RESTORED::::::::::::::::::::; wait 100; developer 0; alias spysenz firo"
bind "mouse5" "spysenz"

No rainbow crosshair, FOV, or viewmodel shenanigans - just a sensitivity tweak. It can definitely come in handy. Just click Mouse5 once to activate it, and then click Mouse5 again to restore your original revolver sensitivity.

Everyone on the GAF server should be required to learn how to play medic just so they can understand the frustration between not playing medic and watching your team lose.

(._.)

Banned
Everyone on the GAF server should be required to learn how to play medic just so they can understand the frustration between not playing medic and watching your team lose.

I played medic tonight but I didn't feel like healing anybody except like two players who don't deserve having pyro players suicide into them

Yeef

There's an older video I have called "Java's Lament' and like all of the views are from people looking for Java (code) based stuff.

I never liked making my guy super crazy in SR3. I always liked dressing him in just a suit, being the straight man while all the goofy shit was happening around him. Made it funnier to me.

Proven

This is why I'm afraid of playing Saints Row the Third. Everybody I know in real life who'd play with me will make me break my computer. The only variable is how. After today, I'm going to have to worry about the involuntary vomiting option.

Speaking of scripts, is there any reason to not always crouch+jump? I'm setting custom binds and I think I'll just replace spacebar with crouch+jump.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Speaking of scripts, is there any reason to not always crouch+jump? I'm setting custom binds and I think I'll just replace spacebar with crouch+jump.

Rocket jumping, you don't always want maximum height. If you stick with it and become pro like me you'll be able to jump through windows 4 of out of every 10 times.

You know, I stopped using my jump + crouch script because I remember watching a TF2 video where the commentator noted a downside of using it. But lately I've been wanting to reactivate it, as I have found that it made life a lot easier for playing Spy. I always get stuck trying to jump onto higher ledges because I mess up the button timing. I used to not have this problem when I used the script.

Rocket jumping, you don't always want maximum height. If you stick with it and become pro like me you'll be able to jump through windows 4 of out of every 10 times.
I learned the other day that if you crouch jump you rocket jump even higher.... I honestly don't know how I even manage to kill anyone. I'm so bad.

Proven

I learned the other day that if you crouch jump you rocket jump even higher.... I honestly don't know how I even manage to kill anyone. I'm so bad.

There are basically certain tricks that you can do with rocket jumping by varying your crouch timing. There's also things like pogo jumps. If you're never going to do much past the basic jump, I suppose you might as well use the script.

So what is the best Pyro primary weapon?
I know the phlogynastor or whatever it is called has that tempting wmmph taunt, but when I tried I was barely able to use it and prefered the extra damage the backburner does.

As a secondary, I prefer the detonater over anything else, I am super precise with that thing.

I know the phlogynastor or whatever it is called has that tempting wmmph taunt, but when I tried I was barely able to use it and prefered the extra damage the backburner does.

As a secondary, I prefer the detonater over anything else, I am super precise with that thing.

I say the degreaser for the faster weapon switch

So you can hurry up and use the axtinguisher on people

If you're not using the Detonator for jumps, then you might as well use the Flare Gun as it has the added benefit of guaranteed crits on flaming enemies.

Degreaser is the general go-to Pyro weapon, the typical approach is to light someone, airblast them to have them land in a predictable way, and hit them with the Axtinguisher on the way down.

If you're not using the Detonator for jumps, then you might as well use the Flare Gun as it has the added benefit of guaranteed crits on flaming enemies.

Degreaser is the general go-to Pyro weapon, the typical approach is to light someone, airblast them to have them land in a predictable way, and hit them with the Axtinguisher on the way down.

Rickenslacker knows what i'm talkin bout

Proven

The Degreaser is primarily considered the best flamethrower, and it promotes weapon switching the most. Goes best with airblasting people into a wall for the Axtinguisher, or blowing them in a predictable arc so you can easily get a critical Flare shot or an easy shotgun/minicrit reserve shooter shot on.

You can do all of this with the regular flamethrower as well, but you become a lot more dependent on good airblasts to make up for the slower weapon switch. A good chunk of this game is about burst damage, which means faster tends to be better, unfortunately.

The Backburner is good because of the extra damage, but if you really want to be the best with it you should master airblasts.

I personally use the Degreaser, but without the Axtinguisher. Melee tends to be last ditch for me, and so I just use the Gas Jockey set if I'm not pulling out the Back Scratcher for utility.

Look up TwigZero on youtube and learn detonator jump spots. Have fun.

Hey guys,

Whgen your team is using an uber on the last point (or any point), you should support them by killing the main menaces once the uber fades, especially Demos/Snipers, who will kill the medic unless people help him. Engineers take this change to place a sentry, even lvl 1/Mini-sentries help a lot, Demo/Soldiers clear the way, Pyros either airblast enemy Pyros, and Snipers/Spy are there for, er, support, killing main targets (Engineers/Medics).

Neither team won Barnblitz on offense because the others didn't move on with them. Pangloss did great in holding the last point, in Offense and Defense, it is a lot easier holding a point that pushing. That way you avoid the other team pushing you back.

Also, protect your medics, IF YOU FUCKING SEE A SOLDIER ATTACKING YOUR MEDIC KILL HIM.

'k? Thanks.

Yeef

*Single-handedly wins a full round of High Tower during the commercial break on the Daily Show with no deaths*

Fuck yeah!

Top Bottom