• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Soule

Just because I'm fighting off some buyers remorse right now gonna repost this here from the trading thread in hopes of some positive reinforcement from my transaction...

Guys do you think this was a good deal? Had a spare bud so I just went for it on a whim but not sure how pleased I am about it now I've slept lol.

short version: I bought Nuts and Bolts Unusual L'inspecteur for 1 buds, worth it?
Tell me I did good GAF :'(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just because I'm fighting off some buyers remorse right now gonna repost this here from the trading thread in hopes of some positive reinforcement from my transaction...

If you paid money for buds yes.

If not who cares? Digital good for digital good.

I would have done that. Nut's n bolts is super cool looking, probably my favorite unusual effect other than planets.

Doesn't matter what we think, just that you like it.

Edit: Have unusuals really crashed in price? Some of the trades on there seem really low. Might pick one up.

Soule

Ah, for the record didn't pay money, just had it from ages ago when I used to play along with the pair I wear. I've never seen the N&B effect but I like getting stuff for my spy since he's all i really play.

Anyway thanks for the feedback, you're probs right I shouldn't care nearly as much as I do :\

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Buds went from $20 to $33 in how many months?
:|

*Wow lot of shitty unusuals for <$40 now
Guess people finally figured there are a lot of them and no one wants them but poor people now.

Also so many idlers. So many people selling keys at $1.50. That's thousands of accounts dear lord.

Behold! The greatest map ever made

IJyAo.jpg

In clay.

Unusuals are pretty much a buds at the lowest, so you weren't gypped. If you like the hat and the effect then you done good.

A fair number are going for 2 Bills, and a guy looking to trade a single painted Bills for an unusual on Tf2Outpost the other day actually got a couple of hits (mostly gifted hats).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'd trade some stranges, my 2 team spirits, and some old vintage shit for an Unusual.
IT IS WITHIN REACH.

Although I'd imagine Demo/Soldier hats are more expensive. They both a have a ton of 'lower tier' hats that look fine imo.
*Damn some of these are rock bottom prices. I'd take a Nuts n Bolts Demo hat. Maybe I should make a posting later.

Forkball

TF2 prices are always nuts. People want 10 keys for a Bill's when it used to go for 10 refined. And every time a cool item comes out, people want to trade it for a Bill's despite the fact that you could get it any given second via the drop system. People still want six refined for the Spy voodoo doll. I have more than enough to buy it, but it seems like a waste to get rid of all that refined for one item.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I sold my Clan Pride for 8 ref.
Sold a ton of metal and keys for $33.

I've made out ahead.
Got my Team Captain, got some nice hats.
I'll trade my crap for a bad Demo unusual, name it, then I'm good for a while.

TF2 prices are always nuts. People want 10 keys for a Bill's when it used to go for 10 refined. And every time a cool item comes out, people want to trade it for a Bill's despite the fact that you could get it any given second via the drop system. People still want six refined for the Spy voodoo doll. I have more than enough to buy it, but it seems like a waste to get rid of all that refined for one item.

I dropped a dozen refined on a Last Breath a while back pretty much just because I didn't have anything better to do with it. :/

Fucking great. I buy a laugh taunt for 4 refined and my newly dropped Tough GUys Tuc, and I made a new idling account tonight. Guess what drops for me after 2 weapons?

A laugh taunt....grrr....who wants to buy it? 5 ref. Maybe 4.66 if I like your name.

Fucking great. I buy a laugh taunt for 4 refined and my newly dropped Tough GUys Tuc, and I made a new idling account tonight. Guess what drops for me after 2 weapons?

A laugh taunt....grrr....who wants to buy it? 5 ref. Maybe 4.66 if I like your name.

The only thing I got worth crap is a Brainiac Hairpiece.

Proven

Why does everyone like Hightower so much >_< I despise that map....

It's the new 2Fort. Just like 2Fort, it takes some general teamwork to actually win on, but all the classes are pretty even on the map (except for Medics) so people love to DM on it.

Personally, I like it because it's a single stage payload race map, and I want to see payload race continue to evolve.

Bluth54

Hightower isn't even the best Payload Race map, that would be Panic. Though I will admit Hightower is the best of the official payload race maps.

Valve needs to hurry up and make Panic an official map. I've even sent an email to both the TF2 team and Robin Walker telling them that but they have ignored me for some reason.

Why does everyone like Hightower so much >_< I despise that map....

I posted that as a bit of a joke, but I really do find that Hightower is fun when played sparingly. It's kind of like my nightly dose of Modern Warfare in TF2 because, as Proven said, it usually turns into a deathmatch game. Good for Spies, in any case. >:)

Yeef

Looking around at the databases that hlxce (the stats plugin) makes, I noticed that it records your position and your victim's position whenever you get a kill, but it doesn't record the distance between the two. So I wrote up a quick script and added that value just out of boredom and curiosity. Then I ran a query to see at what range, on average, each class gets a kill at on the jank. Here are the results:

rRRKT.png

For some reason, occasionally, it will fail to record the killer's class, the victim's class, or both (the blank at the top), but it's such a small amount of time that it shouldn't have any real effect on the numbers.

Demoman seems to better at longer ranges than any class other than sniper. Surprisingly, Heavy seems to have slightly better range than soldier.

Here's the other side (average range that each class dies at):

We2n5.png

They all seem to be pretty even, except sniper (counter-sniped, I'd wager) and spy (fail stabs leading to death).

And, since the sniper is probably driving up the distance a bunch, here are the victim numbers when killed by non-sniper classes:

wfSSJ.png

Still pretty consistent across all classes except spy.

For reference, 512 (about 42.7 feet) is mid-range; the range where all weapons will do their base damage:

Damagefalloff.png

More references here

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
One of these days he's going accidentally post his wall hack script when he thinks he's posting his analysis script. Or his Murphy Brown script. Then we'll have him.

Yeef

I don't need a wall hack script, when I can just get a wallhack server pluigin for admins with root access only.

(Also, it would be a NewsRadio script, not Murphy Brown).

Sajjaja

Looking around at the databases that hlxce (the stats plugin) makes, I noticed that it records your position and your victim's position whenever you get a kill, but it doesn't record the distance between the two. So I wrote up a quick script and added that value just out of boredom and curiosity. Then I ran a query to see at what range, on average, each class gets a kill at on the jank. Here are the results:

rRRKT.png

For some reason, occasionally, it will fail to record the killer's class, the victim's class, or both (the blank at the top), but it's such a small amount of time that it shouldn't have any real effect on the numbers.

Demoman seems to better at longer ranges than any class other than sniper. Surprisingly, Heavy seems to have slightly better range than soldier.

Here's the other side (average range that each class dies at):

We2n5.png

They all seem to be pretty even, except sniper (counter-sniped, I'd wager) and spy (fail stabs leading to death).

And, since the sniper is probably driving up the distance a bunch, here are the victim numbers when killed by non-sniper classes:

wfSSJ.png

Still pretty consistent across all classes except spy.

For reference, 512 (about 42.7 feet) is mid-range; the range where all weapons will do their base damage:

Damagefalloff.png

More references here

I bet if I showed this to my Statistics professor, he would instantly pass me.

Sianos

That put a huge smile on my face when you did that.

P.S. Don't use a Homewrecker on GAF server.... Our spies will call you mean names. :(

"Haha, foolish Pyro, it's far too late! I've already killed the engies, sapped the sentries, and made my daring esc-

wait

nooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Just use the rake like a good little Pyro.

P.S. Don't use a Homewrecker on GAF server.... Our spies will call you mean names. :(

Haha, that reminds me of a couple days ago when I was playing Gold Rush on the reddit west coast server. I backstabbed 2 Engis, managed to destory most of their buildings, but at the last moment a Pyro came out of nowhere, Backburnered me and saved one of the level 3 sentries with his Homewrecker. Bastard.
I actually like Homewrecker Pyros though; they're credit to team.

Chesskid1

Banned
S.F. Rocket launchers are now worth about 16 keys. I bought mine for 7 keys a couple of months ago.

Insane

damn, just looked up a SF medi gun. looks to be going around 20ish keys, maybe a buds if you are really lucky. sick!! wonder if prices will tank come christmas.

Top Bottom