• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Play Offense = No one goes Medic or Engie. Pick Medic, after a while there are more medics less front line units. Then we get 2 engies, instead of using their sentries to protect each others crap (place your damn sentries in the blind spots of another friendly sentry when trying to hold a point), the other medics changed classes. Use uber, see Pyro pushing me and leaving you vulnerable, keep charging and die.

I know a bunch of you are already over 700 hours, you know this already.

The problem is, I haven't been on much this week, so TF2 goes to Hell without me. Don't worry folks, I should be back tomorrow evening ready to airblast back any ubers that come rushing your sentry guns.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I still haven't seen a replay or screenshot of the taunt kill Quote pulled on me on High Tower 2 nights ago... :(

Sajjaja

Play Offense = No one goes Medic or Engie. Pick Medic, after a while there are more medics less front line units. Then we get 2 engies, instead of using their sentries to protect each others crap (place your damn sentries in the blind spots of another friendly sentry when trying to hold a point), the other medics changed classes. Use uber, see Pyro pushing me and leaving you vulnerable, keep charging and die.

I know a bunch of you are already over 700 hours, you know this already.

lol we're you talking about last nights Barnblitz? If so, that pyro was me :p

Also, do you guys know how to go into the target practice map outside of the tutorial? I want to practice with some weapons.

thefro

If there's one thing I hate more than being forced to play defensive Engie on Turbine, it's being forced to play defensive Engie on Turbine AND NOT HAVE ANYBODY HELP OUT WHATSOEVER.

I have a trick that helps some for that.

Use your teleporter entrance/exit to guard your "blind spots"... 99% of people can't resist blowing them up to get the points and that gives you a warning of where the attack is coming from. I usually put one the staircase leading from the spawn point to the flag room

Granted, on GAF's server, it's not going to help too much, but I've been able to guard the flag pretty well by myself on other servers that way.

leroidys

Do any of you guys have a good idling guide? I've been thinking about making some new accounts just so I can get a decent amount of metal.

Team Fortress 2
Added The Cozy Camper
Added a new TF2 sub-forum: Competitive Team Play and League discussion
Fixed Solider buffs and rage meters not always being reset
Updated The Black Rose so it can be gift wrapped
Updated The Phlogistinator:
Fixed a bug where Mmmph-crit flames could cause Mmmph to build fast enough to allow it to be infinitely chained
Direct damage reduced by 10%. Afterburn damage is unchanged
Defense buff time during taunt lowered from 12 seconds to 10 seconds
Updated arena_nucleus
Fixed z-fighting bug on lower platform
Community Requests
Added player_carryobject and player_dropobject game events
http://media.steampowered.com/apps/tf2/blog/7535.png
>10%

Do any of you guys have a good idling guide? I've been thinking about making some new accounts just so I can get a decent amount of metal.
Get sandboxie to idle multiple accounts. Use text mode. Done. I got 2 refined in weps this week with my 3 accounts. I might use 15 bucks to make 3 more alts for myself.

Oreoleo

I might use 15 bucks to make 3 more alts for myself.

What might be a better idea is, even though you have to add $5 to Steam wallet for each account, you can just spend $.50 on a sticky jumper or something per account then save the rest for Steam sales and just gift yourself games from your other accounts with the left over money.

Beats spending it all on hats, anyway.

GlPg0.png
Awwwwww

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... actually, the Cozy Camper is an item, not a miscellaneous.

+No flinching when aiming
+Knockback reduced by 20% when aiming
-60% slower move speed when aiming

Mmmm...

Source: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Cozy_Camper

Not sure that speed penalty is a huge deal...if anything, it could help people aim even better.

Also, a lot of snipers, myself included, tend to stick to walls and pick decent sniper spots so it's not a huge move away to escape or unscope and run.

so THAT'S why you wanted a goddamn Jarate, Bors >:/

Hmm i just remembered those people at kritz kast have yet to give me the lofi I won.

Anyone else own one? How long till you got it? It's been almost 3 months since I "won. "

Forkball

I have about 13 refined and two junk hats just sitting in my inventory. There needs to be a major update soon so I can get rid of this stuff.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I need some more time with it, but oh man...that speed loss DOES affect you.

If you have it and you see another sniper out there eyeing you, you'd better kill him or you're fucked.

I did get set on fire while I had it on, but the pyro was charging at me really quickly so the benefit didn't really help.

sigh...oh well :(

Proven

I just came to post about getting again. Edit: Post about GETTING INTO THE GOD DAMN SERVER IT'S ALREADY 10:30 EST!

Just helped to test the new Sniper item. Negates flame heckling. I hate it already.

The knockback doesn't seem to effect the airblast much. I almost want all the reduced knockback weapons to be effected by airblast now. My only worry is how much it'd do for balance. But it'd be nice if the Heavy then got a secondary that blocked airblasts (even though I'd hate it to pieces).

Yeef

So, unsurprisingly, the camper is pretty awful with rifles. If you're going to use it with a rifle, it pretty much HAS to be the stock rifle. Surprisingly, however, I enjoy using it with the huntsman. There's something satisfying about using tap shots with it on. I'm not sure why.

Reducing knockback seems like a completely pointless change.
Nope. Just like the mantreads, it's actually pretty useful. It's not a huge advantage, but not being juggled and knocked around helps to keep your shots from getting messed up.

leroidys

Wait... actually, the Cozy Camper is an item, not a miscellaneous.

+No flinching when aiming
+Knockback reduced by 20% when aiming
-60% slower move speed when aiming

Mmmm...

Source: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Cozy_Camper

That sounds pretty decent actually. One of the things about sniper though is that Jarate is one of the best items in the game. It would take something borderline OP to ever make me think of replacing it TBH.

A new item? That's interesting. I can't lose my Jarate though, I can't!

beaten

Reducing knockback seems like a completely pointless change.

It would actually be hugely useful, especially with the huntsman. You can't fire it if you're not on the ground, which can be a huge hindrance if someones spamming rockets at you. There are so many times when I have a perfect headshot (or at least a fully charged bodyshot) lined up on a demo or soldier, but I can't shoot due to spam.

Blizzard

Banned
So, unsurprisingly, the camper is pretty awful with rifles. If you're going to use it with a rifle, it pretty much HAS to be the stock rifle. Surprisingly, however, I enjoy using it with the huntsman. There's something satisfying about using tap shots with it on. I'm not sure why.

Nope. Just like the mantreads, it's actually pretty useful. It's not a huge advantage, but not being juggled and knocked around helps to keep your shots from getting messed up.
Let's not be silly, Yeef. I've tried rocket jumping on pacman like, 5000 times, and it's clearly almost impossible to land on anyone's head as a soldier. They'll just back up and taunt in your face!

Yeef

Let's not be silly, Yeef. I've tried rocket jumping on pacman like, 5000 times, and it's clearly almost impossible to land on anyone's head as a soldier. They'll just back up and taunt in your face!
Silly Blizzard. You should know what weapons do before talking about them. The camper has 20% knock back reduction. The mantreads have 75% knockback reduction. They are the same attribute with different values.

Blizzard

Banned
Silly Blizzard. You should know what weapons do before talking about them. The camper has 20% knock back reduction. The mantreads have 75% knockback reduction. They are the same attribute with different values.
Psh, don't try to fool me. Mantreads are just used for jumping on people. No one would think of using them to block knockback! Does pyro count as knockback? Pyro should count as knockback. It would be funny to be a heavy or soldier resisting airblast, at least until a pyro trying to airblast you reflects your bullets and rockets back into you instead.

Yeef

I just did some tests FOR SCIENCE.

It looks like, for rifles, the Camper is actually bugged. Instead of making you move 60% slower they make you move at 6% of the normal zoom rate (94% slower). The speed change for huntsman is correct though. I'm guessing someone made a typo somewhere.

Psh, don't try to fool me. Mantreads are just used for jumping on people. No one would think of using them to block knockback! Does pyro count as knockback? Pyro should count as knockback. It would be funny to be a heavy or soldier resisting airblast, at least until a pyro trying to airblast you reflects your bullets and rockets back into you instead.
Nope. Only stuff that deals damage counts as knockback. Things that don't deal damage, such as the airblast, don't. I think they're considered 'push forces.'

[EDIT] It looks like the Enforcer was changed in the Beta again yesterday. Current stats:

ADCEEFB47CB4D93FEE7D6AAC444F55ACBC1E3F99

Top Bottom