• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Glad I've been able to get back and play a few rounds last week, I've been either sick or busy with work. This weekend I think I'm going to try something new and use a mouse to play
I've been mapped to a dualshock my whole time in on the Jank server!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I just did some tests FOR SCIENCE.

It looks like, for rifles, the Camper is actually bugged. Instead of making you move 60% slower they make you move at 6% of the normal zoom rate (94% slower). The speed change for huntsman is correct though. I'm guessing someone made a typo somewhere.

Nope. Only stuff that deals damage counts as knockback. Things that don't deal damage, such as the airblast, don't. I think they're considered 'push forces.'

[EDIT] It looks like the Enforcer was changed in the Beta again yesterday. Current stats:

ADCEEFB47CB4D93FEE7D6AAC444F55ACBC1E3F99

God I knew something was off...didn't think 60% was so goddamn slow.

Shitforcer is still too strong. I kritzed a spy for lulz and he freaking killed 3 players just running up and shooting them.

Forkball

OPTF2 has a list all the cosmetic Dota items currently in the beta. Who cares, right? BUT, there are some interesting details as Valve borrows a lot of stuff from TF2:

There are items that can increase your drop rate for the week by 50-100%.
Keys and crates will be in the game.
Name and description tags will be in the game.
Random gifting will be in the game.

I wonder if they will implement the drop rate increase items into TF2. I can see them being popular for when a major update hits.

OPTF2 has a list all the cosmetic Dota items currently in the beta. Who cares, right? BUT, there are some interesting details as Valve borrows a lot of stuff from TF2:

There are items that can increase your drop rate for the week by 50-100%.
Keys and crates will be in the game.
Name and description tags will be in the game.
Random gifting will be in the game.

I wonder if they will implement the drop rate increase items into TF2. I can see them being popular for when a major update hits.

I can't wait for my Windrunner with a pink ghibus, companion cube pin and a Jarate ult.

leroidys

Fuck yeah. Bought 2 keys to get full privileges for my new idling account, unboxed a snaggletooth and paint. Then left it to idle while I was at work and got 9 items. Contemplating starting another one already...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Fuck yeah. Bought 2 keys to get full privileges for my new idling account, unboxed a snaggletooth and paint. Then left it to idle while I was at work and got 9 items. Contemplating starting another one already...
Go big or go home.
Start up 100 idlers on rotation in .bat programs via Sandboxie, sell the keys at under cut prices of $1.25, then wait to transfer them to Dota 2.

cross posting this from the steam buggy thread, but this issue has really sapped (hur hur) my will to even play tf2 now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can tell you Valve support sucks.

On Thursday night I logged into tf2, I noticed it asked me if I wanted coaching (which is weird), then I notice as im playing Im getting a ton of achievements, so I check and somehow all my achievements are gone (except the ones I have just got), and my played time is gone, I send valve a ticket explaining the issue.

On Friday I log in, now I have maybe 33% of my achievements back (I had near 68% before this all happened). And it shows I have about 1200 hours played. (300 this period), and before this all happened I had well over 2000.

I get this response back.

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Unfortunately it appears the achievement may not have been properly recorded.

This typically happens because you are not connected to Steam friends at the
time you received the achievement, either due to intentionally setting yourself
to "Offline," or due to network connectivity issues.

If you are set to offline in your Steam friends list, please ensure you are set
to one of the online statuses, then re-attempt the achievement.

Otherwise, please complete the following steps, then re-attempt the achievement:

Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is
the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different
installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

Delete all of the contents of this folder except:

The Steamapps folder and Steam.exe (If 'exe' is not visible, look for the black
and white Steam icon)

Restart your computer.

Then, you will need to launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation
folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.

With Steam running, re-test the original issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.

If the issue persists, view the following article for further troubleshooting:

Title: Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1456-EUDN-2493

Please follow all suggestions in this article, even if your network appears to
be functioning correctly.

So I try that, nothing happens I still have around 33%, I send them a reply, and I get this

Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is
the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different
installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

Delete all of the files in this folder except:

The \Steamapps\ folder and Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and
features the black and white Steam logo)

Restart your computer.

Then, launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a
pre-existing shortcut.

With Steam running, re-test the original issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.

Additionally, please complete this process for your installed game(s):

Title: Verifying Game Cache Files (GCF)
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

..... I did that too still nothing, So I think im just going to give up, its obviously somewhere valves database on my achievements got fucked up, and is half correct, and they either don't want to come clean, or just don't have enough support staff to give a fuck.

here is proof, notice how some achievements are 3 years old, yet a NEMESIS achievement (aka get 5 revenge kills) I was finally able to get after 5 years playtime just yesterday?

yeah.

Don't wanna be an ass...

But it's just achievements and playtime. If I lost those (and my stats have been effed up for years), yeah it would suck, but it wouldn't make me not want to play it anymore. It's not that big of a deal at the end of the day.

Dug

Banned
Why?

They have no effect on the game at all. I could see someone throwing in the towel if their backpack got wiped. But achievements? Just epeen. Playtime? You know how much you played, why do you care if or how people look at that?
I'm gonna agree with Steve here, at the end of the day they are just achievements. If you know you did it, does it matter that much? *shrug*

edit: that steam support thing does suck though.

classicdms

Neo Member
Hey, does anyone have a Strage Degreaser they'd be willing to trade for? I've got a buddy looking for one. You guys know Moose that plays on the server a lot. He's trying to get his hands on one. Let me know if you've got one you'd be willing to part with.

Dug

Banned
Hey, does anyone have a Strage Degreaser they'd be willing to trade for? I've got a buddy looking for one. You guys know Moose that plays on the server a lot. He's trying to get his hands on one. Let me know if you've got one you'd be willing to part with.
I'm looking for a Strange Degreaser(and a strange axtinguisher) too. How much are strange's worth these days?

Why?

They have no effect on the game at all. I could see someone throwing in the towel if their backpack got wiped. But achievements? Just epeen. Playtime? You know how much you played, why do you care if or how people look at that?

its just the principle of the IT support, I work in IT and this is form letter canned bullshit, I just hate getting the run around, tell me you fucked up and move on, I'm surprised they didn't put some inane bullshit like UM...reboot your cable modem and check for spyware in that how to while they were at it.

so it would be possible to get achievement weapons again :eek:

nope, just got soldier, and sniper milestones and no new weapons. I truly am Neo in valves Matrix it seems.

its just the principle of the IT support, I work in IT and this is form letter canned bullshit, I just hate getting the run around, tell me you fucked up and move on, I'm surprised they didn't put some inane bullshit like UM...reboot your cable modem and check for spyware in that how to while they were at it.

nope, just got soldier, and sniper milestones and no new weapons. I truly am Neo in valves Matrix it seems.

Oh. Yeah steam support totes needs work. It's probably the biggest thing steam really needs to work on (now that we got that mobile app f yea).

sixghost

Do you guys have any recommendation for servers of similar quality and atmosphere as the GAF server? I love playing with you guys, but the server seems to only have a few good hours in it each night.

Yeef

Do you guys have any recommendation for servers of similar quality and atmosphere as the GAF server? I love playing with you guys, but the server seems to only have a few good hours in it each night.
Metaphorically seems to have left us for the Reddit servers. I suppose you could try that.

Lion's Den may be another. IP :96.44.130.2:27015

West coast server.

Forkball

Lion's Den, Crit Sandvich, GG, reddit, Chocolate Hammer, and Ducksoup are all good servers. But no one can top us in atmosphere. NO ONE.

Also, I got a Christmas tree hat as a drop in my idle account. Second hat drop in two weeks on my idler. I think I've had it since July and I've had about six or so hat drops on it.

Shibby2142's server, look for the community page on Steam. He runs the Goomba stomp mod. :)

Any troubleshooting tips for this:

So I tried to get on the Jank tonight, and I was able to get on, but once I was on, I couldn't move, shoot, switch weapons or anything. I was stuck in spawn the entire time. And my latency is listed as around 30-40, so it's not as if I'm pinging in at 300-400. And I should mention this is the only server I have this problem on. :-\

So I tried to get on the Jank tonight, and I was able to get on, but once I was on, I couldn't move, shoot, switch weapons or anything. I was stuck in spawn the entire time. And my latency is listed as around 30-40, so it's not as if I'm pinging in at 300-400. And I should mention this is the only server I have this problem on. :-\

This has happened to me 3 or 4 times now. I usually yell and complain and ask if anyone can see me. Then Yeef or Yeoz will just tell me to reconnect.

Yeef

It's a problem a bunch of people have had before, including me. As far as i can tell, it has something to do with two people connecting at the same time when the server is almost full. (There's actually 25 slots, but one is hidden). usually just doing "retry" in the console will fix it.

Yeef

ugh... I've been playing like shit for the past two days. Where my medics at? :\
All medics are Javaman. Since Javaman hasn't been playing due to work...

[P.S.] I added cp_tidal to the server. It's made by the same guy who made Harvest...
andjunctionandegypt...andoilfield.
so it must be good*!

* It probably isn't good.

You know, I can't kill shit with the Grenade Launcher if I'm using the Sticky Launcher for some reason.

Demospam is some serious OP shit going on.

Forkball

I got two Pyro hat drops today on my main account, and a Christmas tree hat plus a Spy bear on my idle account. I have done something wonderful to please the hat gods.

Top Bottom