• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I don't get why we should ever turn on crits. The only thing I dislike is it messing with the spy knife animation. Otherwise random crits make the game less fun.

Well, they're not entirely random, you're more likely to get them the better you do, so you can end up going on some nice runs, which feels good man. And again all melee weapons have a higher crit chance because you should also be rewarded for taking the risk to get in close.

Well, they're not entirely random, you're more likely to get them the better you do, so you can end up going on some nice runs, which feels good man. And again all melee weapons have a higher crit chance because you should also be rewarded for taking the risk to get in close.

Never knew that. No wonder fallengorn gets them all the goddamn time.

Borgnine

I have an infected pilonidal cyst. Go ahead, Google it.

I also read your posts in that thread. Again: ...

Honestly though you should let the dog at it, they have clean mouths, it's trying to disinfect your wound for you. I've had lots of dogs administer first aid to me. There was even one that would gently remove hang hails with her front teeth.

Clydefrog

I also read your posts in that thread. Again: ...

Honestly though you should let the dog at it, they have clean mouths, it's trying to disinfect your wound for you. I've had lots of dogs administer first aid to me. There was even one that would gently remove hang hails with her front teeth.

I'm not taking advice from you.

I know two dudes who got those. Both gained weight really fast and I guess their asses couldn't handle it.

I'm not fat / getting fat!

Yeef

Yeah Yeef said no crits mon-wed-fri but has apparently just turned them off completely. DON'T THINK I HAVEN'T NOTICED. I don't mind though, I get less anyway with the Liberty Launcher and it means less Fallencrits directed at me. As though he doesn't have an uber and a kritz medic on him at all times anyway. :rolleyes: It has changed my melee strategy though. Used to be I could charge in and whip down a heavy with a few lucky crits, I've been working on this new technique where I just die instead.
It seems to be a problem with the way the scheduling plugin works. I have the scheduling setup so that it adds "[No Crits]" to the server name when crits are disabled, but there have been many times where it's said no crits but crits were on and vice versa. I'll maybe try to fix it on Monday.

I don't get why we should ever turn on crits. The only thing I dislike is it messing with the spy knife animation. Otherwise random crits make the game less fun.
Some people like them, some don't. Personally, I like them for melee, but hate them for all other weapons. Alas, there's no way to turn them on for melee only. There's also no 'fix' for the spy animation thing either. I'd love to try all random crits being mini-crits instead, but all the plugins that do that make ALL crits mini-crits rather than just random crits.

Seriously is there a way to just turn on melee crits?
Nope.

In other news, I should have a new version of The Jank Yard ready by tonight.

Yasae, if you ever vist this thread anymore, if you can't see sprays:
If you have a autoexec.cfg file, make sure you have the following lines.

cl_playerspraydisable 0
r_spray_lifetime 2
r_decals 4096

Sajjaja

Gud TF2 session today fellas. We laughed together, we cried together, we danced together, we sang together (crazy train, bohemian rhapsody GAF remix), we loved each other, we dominated each other (Spaceb0y really likes to be dominated.....hard).

Clydefrog

155AA8A79E6D76458FD3CF612487AA2B0EA17F5A

Yeef

Debugging in Hammer has to be the most frustrating thing ever. VVis was taking FOREVER, so I tried to do some optimization, but even though all of my area portals and such were all sealed, I was getting errors. Not only that, but I was getting leak errors even though my map was fully sealed. Then when I loaded the pointfile it's just be a line going from an entity straight through the skybox with no actual gap.

So I hid the area portal vis groups and just let it take forever to compile (overnight). I wake up this morning and load the map up in TF2 and there's all sorts of bumps and holes that aren't there in the editor. The hazard strips on the point aren't showing either, even though they're there in the editor. They're all cosmetic though, so I said fuck it and just added it to the server in its current state. I'll figure out how to fix that stuff in in the next go-round.

So, *ahem* say hello to koth_jankyard_a2!

0A0922D260AE50D9F0F631479E78C5555B087EA3

Well, what's different, you ask?

• Added new entrance behind shiping containers
  • Reoriented crate and barrel-run-up
  • Moved the tractor piles closer to the wall.
  • Moved Metal barriers outside of the wall
  • Angled large rocks and removed pickups behind them.
  • Replaced center spawn ramp with stairs
  • Removed basement, tunnel and 'backyard' areas.
  • Expanded respawn door triggers so you you can open the doors from further away.
  • Added path to roof from small balcony
  • Changed the spools near the point to metal boxes so that you can build on top of them.
  • Added small tunnel under the side sniper balcony that goes into the enemy base
  • Complete overhaul of left spawn exit/sniper balcony room

I think, at some point, I might end up needing to add some cover to the front roof. Also, I want to add some sort of thingy or other so that slow classes can jump from the front roof to the balcony.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
It's only appropriate that the map be janky.

That said, make sure none of the blocks sealing the map are entities. Any sort of block entity doesn't count for calculating vis. (Which is why you make detail blocks entities; speeds up compilation and the map itself in-game.)

Borgnine

YOU SEALED UP THE BUTTHOLE? NOOOOOOOOO.

Also I don't know if I'd even bother with areaportals on a map that small. They seem to be more trouble than they're worth, especially with all those exits you got going on in those spawn mansions. Also you could probably put a giant ass func_viscluster block encapsulating the entire outside area to cut down on compile time.

Yeef

It's only appropriate that the map be janky.

That said, make sure none of the blocks sealing the map are entities. Any sort of block entity doesn't count for calculating vis. (Which is why you make detail blocks entities; speeds up compilation and the map itself in-game.)
Yes, I am aware. There were no entities. Let me tell you a story:

I originally had a nice, optimized skybox. Then it told me there was a leak, even though the pointfile just went straight through the solid skybox. So, after like trying a thousand different things and still getting misreported leaks, I deleted the nice sky box and just made a giant, hollow skybox instead that encompassed the whole of existence. Still, hammer reported leaks with the point file just going straight through the middle of the skybox. So I did some googling and found that sometimes the origin helpers get moved away from the entities and that centering the origins could fix supposedly fake leaks. I tried that and it didn't help. Then I went down my entity list, one by one, in each view, and checked that none were outside of the map. Still got a fake leak. Then I surround my giant skybox, which already encompassed the level, with an even more diant nodraw box. Still got a fake leak. Then I deleted the nodraw box... and the leak disappeared.

There is no rhyme or reason. There is only The Jank.

i still think the whole spawn area is way too big
I think your face is way too big!

I think Engineers should not be able to build on the opposite team colors area unless you enjoy sentry spawn camping on the opposite teams roof!
I have no problem with that. If you let an engineer get up there with a level 3 then you get what you deserve. Also, you can take one of the other exits to flank. More importantly, though, it's pretty easy to kill that sentry in that position if you're any class designed for killing sentries. And any engineer tanking it can be very easily sniped.
also of course you are aware of holes, Cabermanning is currently not possible due to hole where you fall out of the map.
The holes are only there because of [skybox story above]. I was frustrated and tired.

YOU SEALED UP THE BUTTHOLE? NOOOOOOOOO.

Also I don't know if I'd even bother with areaportals on a map that small. They seem to be more trouble than they're worth, especially with all those exits you got going on in those spawn mansions. Also you could probably put a giant ass func_viscluster block encapsulating the entire outside area to cut down on compile time.
That is good to know.

Yeef

Those outside wings really don't get a whole lot of use. Oh and that metal barricade is much better in the main area.
I got a lot of use out of them. Although, I would have gotten more if there wasn't a sentry in front of the red spawn.

I do think I still need to work on the main balcony though. It's got a little too much visibility and, even though it's much easier to flank now, it shouldn't have so much.

[EDIT] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdIyHYxIG9o&hd=1

Sajjaja

Yeef, I noticed that in spawn (the blue on atleast), the exit straight out spawn and then to the left, I find I need to jump over it sometimes cause I can't walk over it without getting caught on something. I don't know if you fixed it in your revision but I had this problem two nights ago.

Yeef, I noticed that in spawn (the blue on atleast), the exit straight out spawn and then to the left, I find I need to jump over it sometimes cause I can't walk over it without getting caught on something. I don't know if you fixed it in your revision but I had this problem two nights ago.

It's fixed. It's what I kept complaining about.

Also I read those books yeef. They're pretty funny.

Did Valve add new official tips? I saw one for Reverse Shooter for Pyro. It said something like "The Reverse Shooter does mini-crits to airbone enemies. Use your airblast <NO BOUND> to send your enemies flying!"

Don't know why it says NO BOUND.

Top Bottom