• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

sixghost

I really hope it's a bug and the crate won't be rare again. I can deal with Strange Rocket Launcher type prices. Don't really feel like dealing with another #30 situation.

At least none of the things dropping in the crates are really necessary(using this word lightly). If they were artificially jacking up the price of hats or misc items, that would be kind of shitty, but strange weapons kind of lose their appeal after a week.

Yeef

Never tell your password to anyone.
Monday, March 26, 2012
3:38 PM - Yeef: giv eme your #41 crates
3:38 PM - .ArtistDude88: ok
3:39 PM - Yeef: danke
3:39 PM - .ArtistDude88: np
3:41 PM - Yeef: got an unusual piuth hat from the first
3:41 PM - Yeef: thanks D
3:41 PM - Yeef: :
3:41 PM - .ArtistDude88: haha, really?
3:41 PM - Yeef: yup
3:41 PM - .ArtistDude88: nice!
3:41 PM - .ArtistDude88: grats
3:42 PM - Yeef: strange bat from second
3:42 PM - Yeef: oh well
3:43 PM - Yeef: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558685307623609676/9A590A2A775425F7F3898AC344C89513FD20B0CC/
3:43 PM - Yeef: I was hoping for airborne enemies killed
3:43 PM - Yeef: but I suppose I can trade this for something better
3:43 PM - .ArtistDude88: uhm
3:43 PM - .ArtistDude88: can you put multiple parts on 1 strange?
3:44 PM - Yeef: yeah
3:44 PM - Yeef: up to 3
3:44 PM - .ArtistDude88: neat
3:44 PM - Yeef: I want airborne kills for my reserve shooter and Direct Hit
3:44 PM - .ArtistDude88: i wouldn't mind getting engineer buildings destroyed and airborne kills on my DH

Brrt.

I believe I had a few rage moments about dead ringers last night.

There's plenty to rage about I suppose. But from the other side it is really annoying to use when you're used to the stock Invis Watch. I miss being able to cloak on demand and sneak behind the enemy lines undetected. With the DR everyone knows what I'm up to, it just gives me a lot of second chances. It promotes really sloppy play, which I guess is why I see a lot of failspies using it.

There's plenty to rage about I suppose. But from the other side it is really annoying to use when you're used to the stock Invis Watch. I miss being able to cloak on demand and sneak behind the enemy lines undetected. With the DR everyone knows what I'm up to, it just gives me a lot of second chances. It promotes really sloppy play, which I guess is why I see a lot of failspies using it.
The only thing that drives me crazy is when they are trying to stab and miss, and they can immediately DR. I feel like their should be a penalty for missing a stab. Other than that, they really don't bother me too much.

Yeef

The biggest problem with the DR is that there's no real penalty for fucking up. Even if the enemy knows you're there, there's little they can do about it because of the ridiculous damage reduction. It effectively gives the spy 1250 HP. I think that's pretty stupid. They need to either reduce the reduction amount or make being hit while under the effects of the reduction drain cloak.

The only thing that drives me crazy is when they are trying to stab and miss, and they can immediately DR. I feel like their should be a penalty for missing a stab. Other than that, they really don't bother me too much.
I just don't think you're noticing it. I had a bunch of fuckups last night where I whiffed a stab and got blown up before I could pull out my DR. It is not instant.

The biggest problem with the DR is that there's no real penalty for fucking up. Even if the enemy knows you're there, there's little they can do about it because of the ridiculous damage reduction. It effectively gives the spy 1250 HP. I think that's pretty stupid. They need to either reduce the reduction amount or make being hit while under the effects of the reduction drain cloak.
I'll agree with that. Some damage reduction is necessary, but not 90% or whatever it is. Nerf it to like 50% and I'd call it fair.

Also, congrats on the unusual you lucky bastard.

sixghost

It's kind of ridiculous when the optimal solution to killing a DR spy in some circumstances is to repeatedly airblast the spy into a corner seven or eight times until their DR wears off.
I want a strange machina really badly but knowing my luck I'm going to open it and get a strange mackerel ._.

Maybe sell the crate, then use the keys you get for it to reduce the cost of the machina?

DarkKyo

Maybe sell the crate, then use the keys you get for it to reduce the cost of the machina?

Might not be a bad idea. But in that case maybe I should wait til the crates aren't dropping anymore for maximum profit.

... but then the Machina's price will go up...

Good times on the jank last night. I was glad I could catch you before you went to bed.

I forget who it was but one of you kept raging at my dead ringer. It was glorious.

If you're referring to late last night, then you're probably talking about me. Nothing is worse when you see a brazen dead ringer spy running around as a friendly scout with a "SHOOT ME" sign hanging around his neck so he can activate his super powers of invisibility and invulnerability. And of course you have no choice but to shoot him and you see the kill icon go up but hear no hit sound. Then it's just a matter of waiting because there's not a damn thing you can do to kill him even though you know he's lurking around. Once one of his teammates show up, you have to engage them and then all of a sudden backstab. Granted we were playing with 10 people on the server so it's generally not that bad but still damn frustrating.

I'd much prefer it if they lowered the damage resistance all together or do something like let the damage resistance be the same percentage as the remaining meter on the watch to punish multiple failed stab attempts. I always assumed the purpose of the DR was to allow spies to get behind enemy lines without dying rather than a get out of jail free card for fuck ups.

I'm not mad though. Not after that Steel match with my 5 simultaneous dominations anyway.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Out of curiosity...do we come to this thread to add each other as friends?

As much as I love talking tf2... nothing compares to playing tf2.

Any No heroes members here?

I don't know if you guys heard, but they added the following items to the drop system earlier today
- Fast Learner
- Nine Pipe Problem
- Conquistador
- Waxy Wayfinder
- Tooth Kickers
- Cozy Camper
- Snapper Pupil
- Private Reserve
- Boom Bringer

and also made these two able to be unusual
- Conquistador
- Waxy Wayfinder

Fox318

I don't know if you guys heard, but they added the following items to the drop system earlier today
- Fast Learner
- Nine Pipe Problem
- Conquistador
- Waxy Wayfinder
- Tooth Kickers
- Cozy Camper
- Snapper Pupil
- Private Reserve
- Boom Bringer

and also made these two able to be unusual
- Conquistador
- Waxy Wayfinder

I want a flames Waxy Wayfinder...

Look brahs, I have a biochem exam tomorrow so I am finishing up a 6 hour studying marathon around 9 PM then taking an hour break. If you bastards aren't janking it up when I login, I'm going to go Pyro and do nothing but airblast for a week.

Only Steaming exists right now (kind of redundant given the item already has smoke coming out of it)

There's also a purple confetti one. Also, I believe there has been an unusual Conquistador with orbiting flames for a few weeks now (but doesn't seem to have spawned another one since).

One that is interesting is how the only Shaman's Mask unusuals were gotten around and during the Halloween event, doesn't look like there have been any new ones of those for months now.

Oh man a burning flames/smoking Waxy Wayfinder is sooooooo mouthwatering to think about.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Surprisingly liked jankyard.

It was a bit too close quarters though so a derp Pyro could spray and hit anything. And the snipers shouldn't have such access hard to reach places cause if I hadn't gotten megapissa he could be taking potshots all day. And of course it needs finishing in textures but it does fit in the theme and the mid point is well designed...even if it could stand to be bigger. I do like the lead up ramp to the point as well.

An engie setting up a lvl 3 or a mini wrecks havoc and unbalances it.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Oh and more Jankyard feedback: maybe increase the size of the spawn door trigger, I kept running in to it. And for the love of god get some textures up there. It makes it hard to see the red sniper standing in front of the red building, in shadow. Maybe replace the red and blues with orange, it would gloriously hideous.

Yeef

I never took dickyard off the server. It's just The Jank being The Jank.

[EDIT] Also, A3 will have some [non-final] textures, just because I'm tired of looking at the dev textures.
D7310AF321D67261B459E4779C3547FC1EADD7D2

Hey kids! It's everyone's favorite color, Brown!!!

How many times do I have to get a daily award to get them out of fucking bronze? My HHHH award still being bronze is bullshit, I tell ya!

Yeef's map seemed fine to me all things considered. People we complaining about too many soldiers or something, but I didn't really have an issue with it. I actually am surprised there wasn't more demospam considering how easy it is to launch grenades over all the barriers.

Yeef's map seemed fine to me all things considered. People we complaining about too many soldiers or something, but I didn't really have an issue with it. I actually am surprised there wasn't more demospam considering how easy it is to launch grenades over all the barriers.
As someone who plays solider the majority of the time, I find it to be very rocket friendly. I have no idea or suggestion on how to fix it, but that's just something I noticed.

Top Bottom