• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

brentech

Exuro said:
TF2 crashes my nvidia drivers and always has. Pretty sure its a TF2 issue as it's the only game I've had a problem with it in. Sounds like your issue, game locks up, sound loops, screen goes black/white.
Same.

I went and started using Chris's Max FPS config. Slowly turned stuff back on.

I think the only stuff that is still turned off for me is: no ragdoll physics or bodies blowlying up. just 2xAA.
Been fine for the last 2 days though, which I was crashing about 2 times a day before. I've added a lot back to the game and am pretty happy with it. Only little nag is that on death, bodies just disappear. So it really makes Dead Ringer even more annoying. I think I've gotten used to it now though.

Card is a EVGA 512 GeForce 9800 GTX+, btw. Built the PC in 2009

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ok TF2-GAF, I could use some help with idling.

I've been text idling for awhile now and more often then not, it ends up breaking my internet. I'll leave the dos box open for a couple hours and eventually my internet just cuts out and stays that way until I restart my router.

Any ideas as to why this happens?

Yeef

divisionbyzorro said:
Hey Yeef; is there any way to add a 'Points Per Minute' column to the HLStats tracking page?
It's not an option, but that shouldn't be too hard. I'd just have to edit the php files a bit. Just remember, that I am lazy, so I won't do it for a few days and/or at all, because I'll forget.

Juancho9 said:
Someone wants to trade me an earbud and 2 bills hats for my unusual professionals panama with tf2 logo, is that a good trade?
There's trading thread for that: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439227

Yeef said:
Apparently our host locks rate at 10000 (the default) which is ridiculously low. Most good servers will run at 60000+

That explains a lot of the Jank.

I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR MONTHS.

Most servers and configs set the rate to 60000, then I join GAF and the rate is 25000 at max, and sometimes drops to 10000.

This screen from a few days ago made me laugh.

FIE71.jpg

Everyone hates ponies.

zlatko

Banned
I played for a few hours today, but I totally forgot how to type in the chat. Even took me a while to remember how to swap classes back at spawn until I got lucky hitting , to find it.

What's the type chat command? :(

Also, how often are you guys crafting items? I rarely play TF2, but I'm in the mood for it this weekend. I haven't unlocked much/anything, so when should I be trying to make new stuff or break things down?

zlatko said:
I played for a few hours today, but I totally forgot how to type in the chat. Even took me a while to remember how to swap classes back at spawn until I got lucky hitting , to find it.

What's the type chat command? :(

Also, how often are you guys crafting items? I rarely play TF2, but I'm in the mood for it this weekend. I haven't unlocked much/anything, so when should I be trying to make new stuff or break things down?

I believe the defaults are
u=team chat
y=everyone
v=voice/mic chat

as far as crafting i have no idea...my backpack is a barren wasteland thus far so i havent attempted it yet

JackFrost said:
I believe the defaults are
u=team chat
y=everyone
v=voice/mic chat

as far as crafting i have no idea...my backpack is a barren wasteland thus far so i havent attempted it yet

you really need to idle then

Gav47 said:
Got a random hat drop last night, nothing fancy just the Spy mullet but still nothing beats that feeling.

oooh
the thing i love about hats is u can trade 1 for pretty much any other hat

that is a good feeling though

tangmaster96 said:
you really need to idle then

Yeah i know...im debating on upgrading a second account. Though with the weekly cap im not sure if I even wanna waste my time.
Theres not much i DESPERATELY want...the stuff i do want are generic items that if I put ANY effort into i could probably get (backscratcher,pyros hoodie,detonator, degreaser, the scout bat,and a few medic items)

Won

Got s bodyshot/bodyshot and a bodyshot/headshot so far with the new sniper rifle. Only headshot/headshot left. People need to properly line up!

I know the tracer is supposed to be a downside, but I love it together with the sound. Finally makes me play that boring useless class.

Forkball

My idle account is already better than my regular one. I found a Shortstop, Your Eternal Reward, Tomislav, and Degreaser within the first five drops. It took me months to get the SS and YER as drops, and I had to trade for the Tomislav like a week after it was added to the game. And the Degreaser would be a great drop for a newbie. I'm waiting for money to transfer to my Paypal account before I make it premium, so no real goodies this week.

Acerac

Banned
masterofcoin said:
This screen from a few days ago made me laugh.

http://i.imgur.com/FIE71.jpg[IMG]

Everyone hates ponies.[/QUOTE]
Everyone hates ponies, 'cept us awesome people.

Ya'll can enjoy not being awesome if you want. I won't stop you.

Yeef

EmCeeGramr said:
I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR MONTHS.

Most servers and configs set the rate to 60000, then I join GAF and the rate is 25000 at max, and sometimes drops to 10000.
Yeah, I know but our host (Darkstar) seemingly limits rate based on current load. I changed it in the config file long ago, but apparently it never took. Then when i tried changing it in the console the other day it still didn't take.

Also, I've found a plugin that allows everyone to play in an arena round, regardless of number of players (though, if there's an odd number 1 person will still have to sit out). I'll install it sometime over the next few days.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
Yeah, I know but our host (Darkstar) seemingly limits rate based on current load. I changed it in the config file long ago, but apparently it never took. Then when i tried changing it in the console the other day it still didn't take.

Also, I've found a plugin that allows everyone to play in an arena round, regardless of number of players (though, if there's an odd number 1 person will still have to sit out). I'll install it sometime over the next few days.
Sweet, thanks. Arena can actually be fun if it doesn't last too long and 8 people aren't sitting out.

zlatko

Banned
When you guys say idle accounts, what exactly do you mean? As in, you join a match/game, and leave yourself idle while you do something else? Or find an empty server to do that in?

Yeef

zlatko said:
When you guys say idle accounts, what exactly do you mean? As in, you join a match/game, and leave yourself idle while you do something else? Or find an empty server to do that in?
An idle account is just an extra Steam account that exists for the sole purpose of getting extra items. You don't need to join a 'real' server to idle, just start TF2 in text-only mode and create a local server. Let the account idle for 11 hours then trade the items to your main account.

TGMIII

Yeef, happen to have the guide to registering your server with valves F2P server list? I need to try and make some use of this server.

Since the last update my favorites don't show up. The favorites tab appears like if I didn't have an internet connection. =\

Also there are people in Janky-Ass, light the signal Yeef!
Got a party later so I won't play at night.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Since the last update my favorites don't show up. The favorites tab appears like if I didn't have an internet connection. =\

Also there are people in Janky-Ass, light the signal Yeef!
Got a party later so I won't play at night.

there WAS people there...they left me, probably cause Crushed got bored kicking my ass :/

meh could be worse....couldve been Crushed AND Queen Of Thorns!

JackFrost said:
there WAS people there...they left me, probably cause Crushed got bored kicking my ass :/
Was fun, small numbers can be fun for a while, shame we didn't get anymore in. Will be on when it fills up later.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I am liking the Widowmaker. I don't really play Engie so initially I kinda felt limited with my metal, but I got comfortable with managing things after awhile. Pretty nasty gun.

Acerac

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Am I still awesome if I'm neutral on the show?
Of course!

It's just the haters who are missing out on being awesome. I'd pity them, but I am too busy enjoying all the awesome.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Professor Beef said:
Tried playing Demoman earlier.

Ugh.
Shoot nades at locations you think people are coming out of.

Aim stickies up and right click immediately to explode them.

Easy ICANONLYPLAYDEMOTIME street

commissar

I have no interp skills, but hitting a scout with a pill feels great.

I started practicing pills/bottle demoman to try and force myself to learn. Otherwise I rely on sticky traps too much and get destroyed when people get close D:

TGMIII

commissar said:
I have no interp skills, but hitting a scout with a pill feels great.

I started practicing pills/bottle demoman to try and force myself to learn. Otherwise I rely on sticky traps too much and get destroyed when people get close D:

Just use stickies to launch then finish off with pills. I tend to use pure pills on heavies if I can get a good angle on them.

Sianos

Alternatively, if Demolitionsman is too hard you can always play Demoknight.

Just press right click, then left click when you are close to people.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Good looooooord is the Machina an awesome gun. Penetration kills are so insanely satisfying. I managed to get two in the last game I played and it was glorious.

I gave Sniper a break for quite awhile there, so its good to get back into the blundstone.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
changed name to 'i'm idling, get lost' and apparently, some people still joined...two of em were fighting each other apparently since one killed the other

do people not know how to reaaaaaaaad?!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
EatChildren said:
Good looooooord is the Machina an awesome gun. Penetration kills are so insanely satisfying. I managed to get two in the last game I played and it was glorious.

I gave Sniper a break for quite awhile there, so its good to get back into the blundstone.

I got a triple kill in one fully charged shot. (Granted it was on a Valve server with freeloaders, but still!) OP as heck.

EatChildren said:

I think it's gonna get nerfed not long from now. Maybe making the charge up time longer or something.

Sianos

Grimm Fandango said:
I think it's gonna get nerfed not long from now. Maybe making the charge up time longer or something.

Make it deal 124 on bodyshots while keeping the 500 headshot damage.

A scout can dream. :(

Top Bottom