• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Note to Medics: Do not try and wait for the "perfect" uber chance, right before your pocket dies. Uber them before they turn the corner.

Just posted in the trading thread, a huge wealth of uber update weapons and spares for GAF to craft the Deus Ex weapons with. Just a heads up for all of you who are crafting them.

Clydefrog

Zerokku said:
I've been in the queue for over 30 fucking minutes.

I hate you all.

jRnq6.gif

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Clydefrog said:
http://i.imgur.com/jRnq6.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I will kill you in your sleep.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Queue popped and I started to load and then it said server was full. I want to throw something right now.

Are these new Strange weapons bugged? Cuz my Medigun has ignored a whole mess of ubers and my Wrench has stopped tracking sentry kills. Whatta downer.

Narag

Rummy Bunnz said:
Are these new Strange weapons bugged? Cuz my Medigun has ignored a whole mess of ubers and my Wrench has stopped tracking sentry kills. Whatta downer.

Someone earlier mentioned them not functioning on valve servers. Any chance you've been playing on them?

Nope, wasn't playing on a Valve server. Though I did join one after the jank went down and managed to win the final two stages of Thundermountain with a team of 6 engineers. On offense.

I love Valve servers so much.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
EmCeeGramr said:
Note to Medics: Do not try and wait for the "perfect" uber chance, right before your pocket dies. Uber them before they turn the corner.
Ehhhh it depends. Still, it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Most important is backing out just as the uber ends. Nobody does this though, they ALWAYS stay there and get gang raped.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
And fuck that I'm out. I'm too competitive of a person to go an hour and a half without winning a single match. Just pisses me off.

Sianos

Played on a surf server as Scout earlier today, absolutely wrecked, reaching a new kill record of twenty-one a life while practicing my fancy jump-work. Turning off viewmodels (and assigning special crosshairs per weapon <3) is definitely helping me improve my accuracy, especially with meatshots.

Zerokku said:
And fuck that I'm out. I'm too competitive of a person to go an hour and a half without winning a single match. Just pisses me off.
What happened to you guys on Gorge? On top of your team was Borsalino who was just sapping my shit and annoying me. Killed me like once.

See this sad display!

57E21F264606263D02671D16C8297A818BBBB630

XeroSauce

NSQuote said:
Played on a surf server as Scout earlier today, absolutely wrecked, reaching a new kill record of twenty-one a life while practicing my fancy jump-work. Turning off viewmodels (and assigning special crosshairs per weapon <3) is definitely helping me improve my accuracy, especially with meatshots.

How the...I thought this wasn't possible.

Please teach me!

Yeef

Apparently our host locks rate at 10000 (the default) which is ridiculously low. Most good servers will run at 60000+

That explains a lot of the Jank.

Sgt.Pepper said:
What happened to you guys on Gorge? On top of your team was Borsalino who was just sapping my shit and annoying me. Killed me like once.

See this sad display!

QUOTE]I don't know what happened on Gorge. me and a medic ubered and pushed like the entire red team back into and no one bothered to get on the point. Uber ends, I turn around and see like 4 BLU people standing around the point but none on it. It is a sad display.

Forkball

As long as we're posting silliness...
2CEBCBF8B1A8E418AE0754CFBF419F147926797A

I also set up an idle account, although it's not premium yet since I have to wait for money to transfer into my Paypal account. Now to be careful not to fall down the slippery slope of yeozness.

Sciz

Ignoring its attributes entirely, I think I'm stuck using the Machina forever on account of how great its sound effects are.

Blizzard

Banned
Sciz said:
Ignoring its attributes entirely, I think I'm stuck using the Machina forever on account of how great its sound effects are.
Yeah, the echoing shot, and the weird crowd noise for double headshot kills are nice.

AWESOME stuff tonight!
my gf ruined all my fun(lol even though its 230 am here) but i had to comment on how much fun I had even getting my ass kicked....This why my old ass still games!
and fuk my dog....farting all night will fuk any1 up

Jankyftfw

EDIT:I had alot to drink so if i was a lil obnoxious I apologize and apologize for holding down anyteam i was on....eveything I usually say (drunk or not) is usually in jest so bear with me

Sciz said:
I hate you sciz waves fists, respawn after out of no where headshot. Hate you!

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
How does the game run for those playing high with AA and all that crap? MY NEW PC CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH.
It mostly runs well for me (120 fps), but for some reason my frame rate will randomly drop from time to time. It's rare (maybe like once a week), but it usually persists for an entire map or until I restart the client.

Also, the first area on cashworks always runs like crap. It's always been that way for me though, even with the settings lower.

Blizzard

Banned
The game runs at like 40-75 (capped with an option) fps for me with an e8400 and a 5850, but I've almost always had crappy performance since it goes up and down.

Uriah

TF2 and my graphics card do not get along. The game used to temporary freeze about every 10-20 hours. The game stutters, the screen goes black, and the sound begins to loop. Now it's happening multiple times a day. No other source engine game has this problem. Hopefully when I eventually upgrade my graphics card the problem goes away.

Uriah said:
TF2 and my graphics card do not get along. The game used to temporary freeze about every 10-20 hours. The game stutters, the screen goes black, and the sound begins to loop. Now it's happening multiple times a day. No other source engine game has this problem. Hopefully when I eventually upgrade my graphics card the problem goes away.
Sounds like its overheating. Could be dusty or something else.

equil

Uriah said:

Mine has been doing the same thing. Either the screen goes black with like the weird part at the bottom that flickers, with the sound repeating, or it just freezes on the current frame.
Only way for me to get out of it is to hard reboot my computer.

Exuro

Uriah said:
TF2 crashes my nvidia drivers and always has. Pretty sure its a TF2 issue as it's the only game I've had a problem with it in. Sounds like your issue, game locks up, sound loops, screen goes black/white.

Javaman

The latest update seems to have dropped my framerate by 1\2. Restarting tf2 might have fixed it though but I wasn't going to wait in the queue again to find out. Running an Amd 620 (2.8 x4) and Nvidia 460 IIRC

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nabs said:
100-200fps.
Sogood.gif

Haven't seen a video of the double headshot yet.

Jack, how old are ya? I think Java is the oldest among us.

I don't wanna hear whining about a full server. For a good 3 weeks I'd send inappropriate notifications and would only get a few people. Then I had to msg people. Then I had to troll them. PLENTY of time to jump in. Additionally, besides ICANONLYPLAYDEMOTIME, where were all these people before? Everytime there's a thread on the gaming side all these gaffers post there. I don't see em pop in here.

It is nice to see the server get traffic though, just wish there was a way to get a temporary second or official second server going when the first gets full. I'm sure we could do it, though everyone would join the one Java goes on. Why is it so fun to kill you, Java? D:

commissar

Blizzard said:
The game runs at like 40-75 (capped with an option) fps for me with an e8400 and a 5850, but I've almost always had crappy performance since it goes up and down.
Ever since the performance ruining Grordborts update, I've been running Chris' DX9 frames config with a few things bumped back up (lighting and facial expressions iirc)

Consistent 120fps, I can't recommend it enough :]
E8400 & 4850.
Try it Blizzard! You too Java!

http://www.fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/

commissar said:
Ever since the performance ruining Grordborts update, I've been running Chris' DX9 frames config with a few things bumped back up (lighting and facial expressions iirc)

Consistent 120fps, I can't recommend it enough :]
E8400 & 4850.
Try it Blizzard! You too Java!

http://www.fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/
was gonna post this, the Dx8 config works amazing on a 2008 Dell desktop with a super crappy GPU/CPU. :)

Top Bottom