• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Archie said:
I got a triple kill in one fully charged shot. (Granted it was on a Valve server with freeloaders, but still!) OP as heck.

That would have been majestic.

Grimm Fandango said:
I think it's gonna get nerfed not long from now. Maybe making the charge up time longer or something.

Same. Not being able to fire unless scoped is a fairly moot negative if you play your sniper right. The +15% damage and bullet penetration make it so damn useful. The tracer isn't too much of a bother. Nerf ahoy.

Sianos

On damage spread servers a max damage fully charged bodyshot can hit for enough to kill a Soldier.

That's a bit overpowered in my opinion.

TGMIII

ATTN EUROGAF!!!

What time best suits you guys and we can try and set up some sort of regular play. I'd really like to get regular sessions going without having to constantly bug people. HELP ME HELP YOU.

NSQuote said:
On damage spread servers a max damage fully charged bodyshot can hit for enough to kill a Soldier.

That's a bit overpowered in my opinion.

And suddenly I have an even bigger incentive not to play medic on non-GAF servers.

Queen of Thorns, I don't if you have a GAF account or not, but goddamn. You have an impeccable 6th sense of where I am, and where I will be, when I'm playing Spy. Seething rage points for you, good sir.

ArtistDude88 said:
Queen of Thorns, I don't if you have a GAF account or not, but goddamn. You have an impeccable 6th sense of where I am, and where I will be, when I'm playing Spy. Seething rage points for you, good sir.
I once jumped down off a railing to a lower floor.

QoT was already shooting flames in my direction on the floor below. There weren't any enemies nearby to be shooting at.

BAH...My gf heard me talking about "the sexy ladies voice" and "would" and came down here like a rabid pitbull...So i tried to explain and disconnected headphones so she could hear and I lost all sound and crashed.

Had fun though, but im a little out of it.(hungover)

ArtistDude88 said:

I dont get how Queen of Thorns does it honestly. Comes out of nowhere and burns entire teams at once and somehow manages to get out of there without even being at low health.

NSQuote said:
The GAF server is always empty or full.

ALWAYS.

Like Gaming-GAF, there is no middle ground.

Yeef

Artemis has seen fear and its name is Yeef.

Also, through my noble sentry-destroying, point-capping efforts, I was sent to Valhalla which is, conveniently located below Nucleus.

EmCeeGramr said:
I once jumped down off a railing to a lower floor.

QoT was already shooting flames in my direction on the floor below. There weren't any enemies nearby to be shooting at.
With the number of spies running around on the GAF server you're destined to hit like 6 people per life if you just shoot flames everywhere randomly.

Yeef

EmCeeGramr said:
Also Yeef by request of the entire GAF community, please delete Snowdrift from the server, it is a godawful map.
There's lots of god awful maps on the server. Perhaps i should make a "God Awful" nomination category and then auto-kick anyone who nominates something from it.

commissar

Dechaios said:
[IMG
]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560917278109132407/A66B5690F2BB680EA2D8272C3B625343FA27DB30/[/IMG]

Just hangin' around..
(before anyone asks, yes it is a custom scope graphic and no I don't consider it cheating)
You're removing the main downside to being scoped.

Seriously you're a fucking cheater.

though I'm told this is not allowed on sv_pure. But you know. Call a spade a spade.

commissar said:
You're removing the main downside to being scoped.

Seriously you're a fucking cheater.

though I'm told this is not allowed on sv_pure. But you know. Call a spade a spade.

Yeah, seems like cheating to me.

I think I came I came too early to this party even though I got here 30 minutes later what the invitation said.

Also, guys help your engineers out for fucks sake, I appreciate Crush for hunting them on upward, since I dealed with one and another came, and never managed to set a proper defense.

ArtistDude88 said:
Thanks. :D

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
EmCeeGramr said:
Also Yeef by request of the entire GAF community, please delete Snowdrift from the server, it is a godawful map.
I don't know, makes for a great spy map :)
masterofcoin said:
Whenever I see a pyro wearing your hat on the server I just walk the other direction as a spy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
EatChildren said:
That would have been majestic.

Same. Not being able to fire unless scoped is a fairly moot negative if you play your sniper right. The +15% damage and bullet penetration make it so damn useful. The tracer isn't too much of a bother. Nerf ahoy.
The +15% part doesn't seem unbalanced, maybe also make it do less damage when not fully charged. I do also like the idea of a longer charge time though.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
The +15% part doesn't seem unbalanced, maybe also make it do less damage when not fully charged. I do also like the idea of a longer charge time though.
I really like powerful weapons, but if you're going to nerf it, I like the charge time idea. It seems pretty acceptable in FPS games to have the really powerful sniper rifles take a long time to reload (and/or charge in this case), like bolt action slow reloads.

Yeef

I don't see any reason to nerf it. A fully charged headshot will kill anything anyway with both the machina and the stock rifle. A fully charged bodyshot will kill all sub-175 hp classes with both as well, and neither will kill 175+ classes with a bodyshot (damage spread not withstanding). You have to line up your shot just right and chances are you'll be wasting time doing so. It does mean you can kill unattended sentries in 2 shots instead of 3, but if an engineer's on it the difference should be moot, plus you've given away your position to be wrangled/backstabbed.

The ability to penetrate is nice, but not a huge upside and with most snipers ignoring the SMG in favor of jarate or razorback, losing the ability to no scope is pretty big.

I'd say overall it's a pretty good sidegrade, unlike the Widowmaker.

Thoraxes

Yeef said:
I don't see any reason to nerf it. A fully charged headshot will kill anything anyway with both the machina and the stock rifle. A fully charged bodyshot will kill all sub-175 hp classes with both as well, and neither will kill 175+ classes with a bodyshot (damage spread not withstanding). You have to line up your shot just right and chances are you'll be wasting time doing so. It does mean you can kill unattended sentries in 2 shots instead of 3, but if an engineer's on it the difference should be moot, plus you've given away your position to be wrangled/backstabbed.

The ability to penetrate is nice, but not a huge upside and with most snipers ignoring the SMG in favor of jarate or razorback, losing the ability to no scope is pretty big.

I'd say overall it's a pretty good sidegrade, unlike the Widowmaker.
I think it should have a longer "reload" time inbetween shots.

Thoraxes said:
I think it should have a longer "reload" time inbetween shots.
that would represent too big a downside.

that would make sense for a much more powerful sniper rifle, but not something that only gains 15% on the top end.

Dug

Banned
Am I the only one that occasionally looks through their TF2 files just to see all the random sounds and shit you get from servers?

Forkball

Good games tonight. I got a body shot and head shot at the same time with the Machina. I saved the replay but it doesn't look as cool. It was funny though because the sniper I got a headshot on was ducking so I wouldn't have headshot him if he was standing up. Also if you kill a sentry through someone, it gives the double bodyshot kill icon.

PICS:

ABD233FAF5C358C29A85FDCAA8D5D7C9C6D62E38

B9A1BBF73276871A5F2FBD4EC4403FA59337C6A8

1597B4721290752AA9EBFEDEA24E54B375D70CD2

Forkball

Blizzard said:
I wasn't in the server, but that airplane map looks awesome.
It's actually a pretty good map. It looks great and has a cool skybox with planes swooping around. It can be a bit cramped, but there are a lot of paths so it's not just a suicide funnel. Although no one was engineer when we played, so throwing a few of those in could make it the worst map ever.

Harpuia

I enjoyed the little I played tonight (I was Diamonized) but maybe I'll play more some other time..can't concentrate at the moment. It's 1:44 here so maybe that's why lol.

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:
Widowmaker is fun! Can get ~6 shots from it if you never miss, and not to mention it has a bad ass sound to it :D
You can get infinite shots with it if you never miss. I feel like it's made more for turtling engineers rather than forward engineers. Which means i don't like it. If you're running gunslinger and plop ou ta mini sentry everything rests on your first shot. If you miss or do less than 10 damage you're screwed. If they dropped each shot to 50 that'd mean 2 shots and I'd be fine with that.

Acerac

Banned
Artemis is the best sniper to pocket heal.

How many ubers did you get today? You tore up with every one of them.

Good games tonight everyone.

Acerac said:
Artemis is the best sniper to pocket heal.

How many ubers did you get today? You tore up with every one of them.

Good games tonight everyone.

You and Artemis can capture my points, but I sure as fuck won't let you two kill me. :(

How do you Huntsman so good Arty?

Top Bottom