• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

Forkball said:
Yeah sometimes the stats seem messed up. I have the Demoman guillotine award, but one time when I checked it said I had five kills but now it only says one. Also I apparently have the reward for stealing sandviches as a spy with ten, but I only remember one time I did that.

[edit] Also I had like 30 Eviction Notice kills and the award but the global leader only has 15. BULLSHIT I AM THE GREATEST EVICTION NOTICER.
You're just confused. Global awards are based on most kills of all time. Stats on the weapon pages are just based on the last 30 days. So even if it says someone only has 15 eviction notice kills, that just means 15 in the last 30 days. he could have gotten like 50 kills 31 days ago and maintain the award.

Niblet

I was playing on a valve server, CP_gorge, doing my part to be an asset to the team (medic). I'm doing my job and taking down fools with my syringe gun when my damn patient won't or when I notice a spy creeping about. Sounds like I'm actually trying, yeah? I get vote kicked out the server. smh

A question on being vote kicked: is your ban from the server ever lifted?

Zomba13

Forkball said:
More Halloween stuff:
skullmaskstyles.png
If that gets in I hope that skull is a misc. Mmmmmmmmm. Skulltacular.

Niblet said:
I was playing on a valve server, CP_gorge, doing my part to be an asset to the team (medic). I'm doing my job and taking down fools with my syringe gun when my damn patient won't or when I notice a spy creeping about. Sounds like I'm actually trying, yeah? I get vote kicked out the server. smh

A question on being vote kicked: is your ban from the server ever lifted?

I don't feel we're getting the full story.

Anyone having weird jank this evening or just me?

I was getting hitches or moments of extreme slowdown every few minutes, and right after Nucleus started it crashed, and my PC crashed.

Someone passed a Deus Ex: Human Revolution code to me earlier. Will I get the TF2 items upon redeeming the code? Cant check now as I am at work.

AcciDante

Pookaki said:
Someone passed a Deus Ex: Human Revolution code to me earlier. Will I get the TF2 items upon redeeming the code? Cant check now as I am at work.
You only get them for buying it on steam :[

I plan on redeeming it regardless. The TF2 items would just be a nice little bonus :)

edit: Thanks for the clarification. Oh well! Crafting the items it is!

mojiimbo

Is it a common thing for someone to preorder a game and the items don't show up automatically in their Steam web inventory? Do they still have to download TF2 and launch it to get them to show up even if they're in the Steam trading beta? If so, launching a trade window should really do the same thing that checking your backup or going to the Mann Co store in TF2 does where it'll refresh your available items. :-/

Niblet

Obsessed said:
I don't feel we're getting the full story.
Here is the full story. I played 2 rounds on the server. I didn't chat anyone, didn't do anything stupid, I just healed and defended myself when necessary. I was dealing with a spy when the vote to kick happened.

Last 15 seconds on the server was literally:

Me healing heavy, advancing to 2nd cp. ->I notice a spy coming from behind & my heavy is about to push in the room with the cp, -> I make the decision to kill the spy (I'm not close to uber) -> I assume my heavy dies. -> I kill spy and look for new patient -> Grab a new heavy -> Someone types in chat "Who Niblet?" -> vote kicked.

I'm only posting this because it left me genuinely confused. I was the only medic and I was actually doing my job.

(maybe my original heavy ragekicked me? but his probable death and my being kicked happened too close)

I always get upset when people build sentries on Aerospace. Well, moreso than other CTF maps, because it's a good map that's suited for stuff like Scouts.

Which I was delighted to learn tonight that there's a way for triple or quad jumping Scouts to totally break the map.

Blizzard

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
I always get upset when people build sentries on Aerospace. Well, moreso than other CTF maps, because it's a good map that's suited for stuff like Scouts.

Which I was delighted to learn tonight that there's a way for triple or quad jumping Scouts to totally break the map.
Does anyone truly think that a one-engineer limit on CTF maps would be a BAD thing?

Rtas

Everytime I attempt to join a server in TF2, it gets to about 3 quarters of the way loading the server, then just freezes completely, no explanation, the background picture continues to cycle for map changes etc. but the game remains frozen at that point in the server join.

Anyone else having this problem?

Proven

I dislike Scouts, and with Soldier and Demoman spam the way they are, I wish to never see a Sentry ban. If there was a limit, I'd accept an Engy limit 2 if there was also a Sniper and Spy limit 2.

Engys are seriously the only thing that keep this game from being filled with Scout spam, and I find this fact reiterated every time I'm forced to switch to Engineer on Harvest. Sometimes I feel for the little guy, but then he comes in with a Soda Popper. I'm not going to let the fact that most people suck at pushing through chokepoint spam (usually because they'll have 0-1 Medics on a team of 12, don't protect them, and don't build ubers fast enough to have a push out every 60 seconds, and only the Spies have any idea of the word "flanking") ruin the game in the other direction.

JackEtc said:
Old favorite.

Blizzard

Banned
Almost all of the TF2 videos sound harsh and annoying to me besides the mmph the way you mmph one. It's well done, rhymes well, and is melodic.

Proven said:
I dislike Scouts, and with Soldier and Demoman spam the way they are, I wish to never see a Sentry ban. If there was a limit, I'd accept an Engy limit 2 if there was also a Sniper and Spy limit 2.
I didn't mention an engineer/sentry ban or limit outside of CTF. All I said was that for CTF mode only, I don't see a problem with limiting engineers to 1 per team, since that means the map should end more quickly even if it does mean lots of scouts. Scouts are super annoying and I want them to die along with all demos, but yeah, CTF.

Acerac

Banned
AcciDante said:
I just played in a valve server and people were trying to kick me for my intense engy shotgun rampage :[
Valve servers are... interesting. In valve servers I am a pro spy. I wouldn't take anything you get from those servers too seriously.

Proven

You have to upload it via TF2, and then you have to "check" on the video in TF2 for the game to look at the view number itself.
Blizzard said:
I didn't mention an engineer/sentry ban or limit outside of CTF. All I said was that for CTF mode only, I don't see a problem with limiting engineers to 1 per team, since that means the map should end more quickly even if it does mean lots of scouts. Scouts are super annoying and I want them to die along with all demos, but yeah, CTF.
The problem with CTF just seems like a microcosm of the problems people have with TF2 in general. Also see: 5cp maps when two or three engineers get entrenched (like Granary). The area is so small that it shouldn't be hard for a single uber to clear it out, but instead the map will just go to a stalemate, and then the average person gains a slight dislike for 5cp maps.

Another example: I've had a many great games on 2Fort. But your team needs at least two Medics. You need to uber push in there (there is no sentry spot that should be safe), get past the spawn, and if you're not back out in 15-30 seconds then you just need to hold there for an uber to build while reinforcements arrive. But most people can't seem to get this done. So then Doublecross was released, which is just like 2Fort, except the getaway points are much, much closer to the intel room.

Yeef

AcciDante said:
I just played in a valve server and people were trying to kick me for my intense engy shotgun rampage :[
I joined Sciz on a random Valve server earlier. It was pipeline and every time, without fail, someone would call a scramble vote halfway through the second stage and it would pass, which completely started the game over from the first stage. We must've played the first 1.5 stages like 5 or 6 times. It was like Groundhog Day, except without Bill Murray.

[EDIT] There's a CTF map on the server, atrophy but it has the intel on a cart that slowly slides toward the center. Taking the intel will stop the cart until the intel is returned. Capping the intel sends the cart rolling all the way back to the start of the track to get a new intel. Basically, the longer you defend the intel the harder it becomes to defend. I'd like to try that map one night, just to see how it goes.

Sciz

Yeef said:
I joined Sciz on a random Valve server earlier. It was pipeline and every time, without fail, someone would call a scramble vote halfway through the second stage and it would pass, which completely started the game over from the first stage. We must've played the first 1.5 stages like 5 or 6 times. It was like Groundhog Day, except without Bill Murray.
Sad but true. It's not a problem on single-stage maps, but multistage ones almost never go all the way on Valve servers. They need to put some serious limits on the ability to call a scramble, or it needs to not take effect until the next round and not reset the map.

The map timer on Valve servers is also ridiculously long.

Yeef

Sciz said:
Sad but true. It's not a problem on single-stage maps, but multistage ones almost never go all the way on Valve servers. They need to put some serious limits on the ability to call a scramble, or it needs to not take effect until the next round and not reset the map.

The map timer on Valve servers is also ridiculously long.
Yeah. When I left it was because I checked the time and there was still 45 minutes left.

Bakphoon

Rtas said:
Everytime I attempt to join a server in TF2, it gets to about 3 quarters of the way loading the server, then just freezes completely, no explanation, the background picture continues to cycle for map changes etc. but the game remains frozen at that point in the server join.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, me. But You'll have to wait, then it will work again.

-windowed -noborder in the launch options are a great relief when waiting for TF2 to respond, just don't klick on the message to shut down hl2.exe .

Top Bottom