• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Proven

Rtas said:
Everytime I attempt to join a server in TF2, it gets to about 3 quarters of the way loading the server, then just freezes completely, no explanation, the background picture continues to cycle for map changes etc. but the game remains frozen at that point in the server join.

Anyone else having this problem?

I've had a problem like this since day 1. The game just freezes and in a minute or two (longer if it's the first time you've launched the game in the while and it has to load assets) it will just join the server. It's infuriating to wait through as it even freezes the steam overlay, so I always play TF2 windowed so I can do something else while I wait. Like taunt Kuro.

Clydefrog

Yeef said:
[EDIT] There's a CTF map on the server, atrophy but it has the intel on a cart that slowly slides toward the center. Taking the intel will stop the cart until the intel is returned. Capping the intel sends the cart rolling all the way back to the start of the track to get a new intel. Basically, the longer you defend the intel the harder it becomes to defend. I'd like to try that map one night, just to see how it goes.

Weird, I played that map last night. I hated it.

I got jammed into a situation where I had to try demoman....god I blow with him.Guess its practice like every other class. Tried sticky jumping with dire consequences........off to youtube

Yeef

JackFrost said:
I got jammed into a situation where I had to try demoman....god I blow with him.Guess its practice like every other class. Tried sticky jumping with dire consequences........off to youtube
Unlike rocket jumping, sticky jumping is generally only useful for getting to the front lines. Stickyjumping while in battle leaves your health so low that you'll get killed pretty quickly.

Yeef said:
Unlike rocket jumping, sticky jumping is generally only useful for getting to the front lines. Stickyjumping while in battle leaves your health so low that you'll get killed pretty quickly.

Ill play a few rounds tonight at the Jank with him. Nothing trains you faster then 10 dudes cursing at you.

What seems to be the popular loadout for him or should i just stick to vanilla?

Uriah

JackFrost said:
Ill play a few rounds tonight at the Jank with him. Nothing trains you faster then 10 dudes cursing at you.

What seems to be the popular loadout for him or should i just stick to vanilla?

Vanilla is best.

Borgnine said:
You're not a real demo on Jank until you dress like Wartime. Also, die Treecubed.

I was trying to remember his name before....That dudes a beast at demo... While i was playing my few rounds as demo I had a decent pyro up my ass (my usual class) and i was trying to remember how wartime kept pwning me last night...to no avail. (chalked it up to superb skills)

Though everytime i think Jank demo i think Dennis Rodman. Why every demo guy gotta have kanye glasses :/

I second the die Treecubed sentiment as well and will add QoT and crushed!

Rufus

Not really related to TF2, but I just saw a guy named Jesus spectating during my last game. Oh boy oh boy, Internet, was that every amusing.

Nothing's more depressing than doing something hilarious, jamming the F6 key and seeing "this server does not support replays."

I did Play Now, but it actually matched me with a "real" server, instead of a Valve-hosted server. It still was pretty low-mid tier pub play, and I was mostly kitted out to mess with the new Deus Ex items. So I was a Sniper with the Machina (scope-only shots), Jarate, and the Shahanshah, which I'd never messed with before much either. We were on Steel, A was capped, and most people were moving on to B. I went A - E, because I just like doing that, and sniped a Pyro trying to kill a friendly Scout along the way.

I ended up behind B. I knifed a Dispenser behind the point to death, took a bit of Sentry fire, threw my Jarate (but only got a Medic), and had at least three different people come at me swinging at the same time. I murdered them all with my knife, including the Medic with full uber. I decided to head toward C on the off-chance I could disrupt an Engineer there if we got B, "killed" a Spy along the way, and took the lower route by the big health kit. By this point the Spy had grabbed the kit and De-DRed, and had some shoddy disguise. I hit him again, and he almost immediately De-DRed, probably by accident. Despite his relative advantage (like having a working gun without scoping), I charged him, and he backed up...

Right into the giant pit under E. Backpedaled straight to his death.

It was so much funnier the way it happened, it's frustrating to find out you can't save replays when it counts.

New Sniper Rifle's a beast; the Widowmaker is fun, but needs to either eat less metal or increase your total metal to 300.

I don't think there is anything worse than playing against a team that has a good Demo. Playing against a good Spy, I can handle, but a good Demo? It's like it's personal or something.

Fuck you.

It's also the class which I feel is overpowered too, so maybe I'm biased a little.

XeroSauce

Clydefrog said:
I spent over half an hour trying to get a mantreads kill last night. Didn't happen.

Rocket Jumper, Mantreads, Market Gardener.

Ran that loadout for 15 minutes and got a total of two kills, one completely by accident (fell off a roof and landed on a GRU Heavy.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
MarkMclovin said:
I don't think there is anything worse than playing against a team that has a good Demo. Playing against a good Spy, I can handle, but a good Demo? It's like it's personal or something.

Fuck you.

It's also the class which I feel is overpowered too, so maybe I'm biased a little.
Throw a Scout at them!

Also most of them love to backtrack and forget that they have the grenade launcher (probably through spamming it down some needless corridor 20 seconds prior) so I tend to run at them to close the gap.

XeroSauce

MarkMclovin said:

Fuck you.

Most of them spam the hell out of their sticky launcher. I'm like that too.

They suck against Scouts and Pyros if you manage to flank them. DR Spy isn't bad either.

Yeef

In regards to Diamondback crit glitch:
We have a fix implemented and tested. We expect to release it in an update this afternoon.

- Fletch
So there will be a patch today. I wonder if it'll just be bugfixes or have some other stuff as well.

if i weren't busy playing dx i'd post up the vids of jangaroo and a scout getting penetration killed on doublecross and yeef and java getting their skulls simultaneously slaughtered on plr 2fort

Bakphoon

Yeef said:
In regards to Diamondback crit glitch:
So there will be a patch today. I wonder if it'll just be bugfixes or have some other stuff as well.

It's wednesday in 3 hours here, so it will be a around 60
MB big bugfix with only the diamondback bugfix as note.

please let it be a big update for the 15th anniversary

(._.)

Banned
Clydefrog said:
I spent over half an hour trying to get a mantreads kill last night. Didn't happen.
contender for most useless item in the game?

maybe more so than a targe/lock n' load load out

XeroSauce

(._.) said:
contender for most useless item in the game?

maybe more so than a targe/lock n' load load out

I've gotten way more kills with the Loch N' Load then with the Mantreads. It's much easier to lead your target due to the faster grenades.

Smithy C

fnu29.png

Great, now I can finally use a good knife.

Zomba13

Why is it whenever I see people playing on the EU GAF server they are always just not playing properly or achievement boosting :(

Zomba13 said:
Why is it whenever I see people playing on the EU GAF server they are always just not playing properly or achievement boosting :(
I'd love to join you guys , but it's usually too late when I'm online (around midnight GMT+2) .

Smithy C

Zomba13 said:
I jumped on there today. Three people trying to get achievements. I kill all three of them, then they tried to voteban me and swore at me in a language I didn't know. It was pretty cool.

Yeef

The goomba stomp is just a bonus for the mantreads. The main function is the 75% reduction in knockback forces. It keeps you from being juggled via explosives and airblasts. it also makes rushing in on sentries and heavies easier, especially with the speed boost from the whip.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
JackFrost said:
I was trying to remember his name before....That dudes a beast at demo... While i was playing my few rounds as demo I had a decent pyro up my ass (my usual class) and i was trying to remember how wartime kept pwning me last night...to no avail. (chalked it up to superb skills)

Though everytime i think Jank demo i think Dennis Rodman. Why every demo guy gotta have kanye glasses :/

I second the die Treecubed sentiment as well and will add QoT and crushed!
Best demos are ICANONLYPLAYDEMOTIME-wartime and ICANONLYVOIDRAYRUSH-Neroh/Hazaro(on Gaf)

If I had to pick between Neroh or wartime though, I'd pick Neroh.

CAUSE WARTIME JUMPS TOO MUCH!

I just had my first real TF2 rage. I didnt quit, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger right. But I was PISSED.

Now I understand some of the rage posts in here lol. (and no Jacketc, it wasnt the game with you where the 2 stellar engineers we had had 2 sentries up at the end of the map right from the beginning, yet we RAN the whole map cause they refused to put up teles till it was too late....but that didnt help.but the sentries sure did look pretty sitting there collecting dust

TGMIII

Zomba13 said:

Sadly I've found unless I stick around and get people I know to join in first, things just don't get started. I really hope we can get to a stage where I don't have to be around to get the server active : /

JackFrost said:
I just had my first real TF2 rage. I didnt quit, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger right. But I was PISSED.

Now I understand some of the rage posts in here lol. (and no Jacketc, it wasnt the game with you where the 2 stellar engineers we had had 2 sentries up at the end of the map right from the beginning, yet we RAN the whole map cause they refused to put up teles till it was too late....but that didnt help.but the sentries sure did look pretty sitting there collecting dust
Was it on barnblitz? I remember you and Jack joining during thar map.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Was it on barnblitz? I remember you and Jack joining during thar map.

nope.It was badwater(i believe thats the name...the payload one that starts with the tunnel) our glorious engies thought it would be a good idea to tank the last point from the very beginning of match instead of trying to stop them and im not sure what they did rest of time cause I can honestly say they didnt spend their free time building transports or dispensers. Naturally as soon as they got to the end their priceless sentries were destroyed quick.

JackFrost said:
nope.It was badwater(i believe thats the name...the payload one that starts with the tunnel) our glorious engies thought it would be a good idea to tank the last point from the very beginning of match instead of trying to stop them and im not sure what they did rest of time cause I can honestly say they didnt spend their free time building transports or dispensers. Naturally as soon as they got to the end their priceless sentries were destroyed quick.
Ohhhh yeah. I remember now, that's why I changed to Engi since everyone wasted my ubers on defense. Too bad our team doesn't know how to fucking push. One sentry stopped the whole damn team on the last point; didn't change to another class because I was the only Engineer. =\

Those demos seem to forget about their stickybombs.

Forkball

UPDATE
Added TF birthday replacement models for health kits and ammo packs
Added TF birthday Party Hat and Noisemaker

Fixed The Short Circuit attacking friendly projectiles
Fixed The Short Circuit being hidden when the Engineer taunts
Fixed an infinite crits exploit using The Diamondback
Fixed The Widowmaker not returning the correct amount of ammo when multiple targets are hit
Fixed supply closets regenerating players while they are taunting
Fixed the Select Style UI text overlapping the image of the model
Fixed the sunbeams hat effect
Updated the localization files
Updated the gamehaptics file:
Added draw/recoil forces for The Widowmaker, The Short Circuit, The Diamondback, and The Machina
Added crit fire force for The Widowmaker and The Diamondback
Refined reload force for Flare Gun/Detonator
Bot changes:
Fixed crash with Demoman
bots trying to detonate stickybombs that had already been destroyed
Added tf_bot_kill console command (syntax identical to tf_bot_kick)
Bots obey melee only mode a bit better
Added func_nav_avoid to allow map creators control over where bots "like" to go
Fixed issue with Demoman bot reloading between each stickybomb he fired, causing him to be very slow at setting traps/destroying sentries
Bots never taunt if carrying the flag now
Aiming logic for Huntsman sniper bots
Sniper bots prioritize enemy snipers more aggressively, as well as enemy engineers now
Improved Demoman bot sentry gun sticky bombing
Bots will no longer try to use health entities assigned to the enemy team
Added simplistic behaviors for Chargin' Targe, and various consumables (Bonk drink, sandvich, etc)
Medic
bots stay a bit closer to their patient now
Sniper
bots go after very nearby enemies with their melee weapon now
Added func_tfbot_hint entity to allow map creators to tell sniper bots good places to lurk
Sniper
bots opportunistically fire on viable targets they encounter while on the way to their desired lurking spot
Spy
bots are more aggressive about backstabbing an engineer before sapping his nest now
the hell

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
fallengorn said:
I think Tre is a better demo than wartime, but he barely plays anymore.
Tre...admin Tre???

I don't recall seeing him on the server, or if he did, he didn't frustrate others like wartime does.

SHUT UP, WARTIME!

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Tre...admin Tre???

I don't recall seeing him on the server, or if he did, he didn't frustrate others like wartime does.

SHUT UP, WARTIME!
Once Tre and Evilore were playing on some random TF2 server. It was scary. Tre is a terrifying demoman.

Top Bottom