• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sianos

Very fun games tonight, got to experience the glory of Aerospace for the first time.

Also, there was Dustbowl. First time playing Dustbowl with good players and it STILL is a bad map. It has very few flank routes throughout the three stages and is sentry heaven. Also, twenty minutes of round three if you are playing red.

But, other than DUSTBOWL AAAAA, great night.

Niblet

So I read I can still fight the Horseless Headless Horsemann and get the unusual haunted metal scrap. What would be the easiest way to go about this?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Niblet said:
So I read I can still fight the Horseless Headless Horsemann and get the unusual haunted metal scrap. What would be the easiest way to go about this?
Yeef had him spawn on the map at one time.

Was loads of fun! I wish there was a mode where an uber monster (like horsemann) is running around a 5 CP map and you either cap or do the most damage to him to win.

Niblet said:
I think you can spawn him through the console. I got it in a trade server though.

Scipius

Niblet said:

Find a server that's running cp_manor_event; some even run only that map to make it easy. Some trade servers also spawn the HHH, but it's not as much fun as playing Mann Manor.

Blizzard said:
I don't get it...
Fisting offers? That's what I thought of, at least.

Oh, and I didn't have TF2 for Halloween. The HHH on the server once in a while would be cool :p

EDIT: I see JackFrost has saved the day.

Niblet said:

go back a page. I posted the IP of a server that runs the manor 24/7.
I found scout/bat was easiest cause as soon as he respawns EVERYONE chases him, so i sat back,watched him take a beating then scooted in with bat for melee kill

Clydefrog

wow, you guys just can't handle me

jRnq6.gif

funny video :D

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
XeroSauce said:
An interesting question popped up: Do Medic Mains ever get tired of having to play Medic?

Burnout with healing classes is quite common across all multiplayer games. Luckily in TF2 you can quickly switch in between lives so it's not too bad.

Forkball

EmCeeGramr said:
So funny and accurate.

Good games tonight. I took three replays: arrow taunt kill at the end of Morrigan Alley to win the round, a grenade taunt kill (finally got that achievement), and a cool kill on Bobthefork when we were both juggled up and I killed him by aiming at the wall behind him. I'll work on them later or perhaps never. Sometimes when I record a replay and don't immediately make it, I completely forget why I even saved the replay.

Javaman

XeroSauce said:
Good game on Warpath.

An interesting question popped up: Do Medic Mains ever get tired of having to play Medic?

If I were to solely heal I would have gotten burned out long ago but being able to work on the offensive too has kept it interesting. Needles are surprisingly effective against sentries if you are out of range or have a good angle.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Javaman said:
If I were to solely heal I would have gotten burned out long ago but being able to work on the offensive too has kept it interesting. Needles are surprisingly effective against sentries if you are out of range or have a good angle.

How the hell does that needlegun work? Sometimes it feels like my needles go right through the enemies even though I'm right in their face.

Do you aim above their heads to compensate for drop or something?

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Pancakes said:
How the hell does that needlegun work? Sometimes it feels like my needles go right through the enemies even though I'm right in their face.

Do you aim above their heads to compensate for drop or something?
I tend to lead in front of them and aim above to compensate for drop though how far I aim above depends on of course, how far they are from you.

Yeef

Projectiles aren't lag compensated, so you have to lead your targets and account for drop. The projectile hitbox is huge though, so it's pretty easy to do a fair amount of damage once you get used to it.

*humming* doo doo doo doo
looking through my backpack
huh I never use this dead cone thing wonder what it is
team fortress wiki dead cone
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who owned Plants vs. Zombies on Steam before May 5, 2011.
I own Plants vs. Zombies!?

XeroSauce

SteveWinwood said:
*humming* doo doo doo doo
looking through my backpack
huh I never use this dead cone thing wonder what it is
team fortress wiki dead cone

I own Plants vs. Zombies!?

EVERYONE owns Plants vs. Zombies :p

Forkball

I don't own it either, not a fan of tower defense games.

ALSO THIS WEDNESDAY IS THE 15TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF TEAM FORTRESS RAID MODE STYLES WEAPONS AND MOREEEEEE

Seem to come across bullshit players more often lately. Scout that was appearing out of no-where, capturing in the intel, and then a second later had returned it for a score.

Player with 3k health, infinite ammo, and auto aim.

Why? WHY?!

TGMIII

Chriswok said:
Seem to come across bullshit players more often lately. Scout that was appearing out of no-where, capturing in the intel, and then a second later had returned it for a score.

Player with 3k health, infinite ammo, and auto aim.

Why? WHY?!

You sure you're not connecting to servers with premium stats which let people have all sorts of stupid advantages if they pay a fee to the server.

awwyeahgurrl said:
You sure you're not connecting to servers with premium stats which let people have all sorts of stupid advantages if they pay a fee to the server.

Aye, sure this time. Though Premium servers also get a WTF.

Forkball said:
ALSO THIS WEDNESDAY IS THE 15TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF TEAM FORTRESS RAID MODE STYLES WEAPONS AND MOREEEEEE
Deus Ex HR and TF anniversary. Best week ever. TF was the only multiplayer FPS that really stuck with me for some reason, when I played it it essentially overwrote Quake in my mind back in the day.

Top Bottom