• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Javaman said:
Probably not. It was AMAZING back in the day, but unless you're looking for some history on where TF2 came from it's probably not worth your time.
It's still super fun, the only problem is that there's almost literally no one playing it. Bots everywhere. There's only one server that's ever really populated, and it's not the purest of TFC experiences and mostly 2fort.

XeroSauce said:
The DRAW/RECOIL force are for the Novint Falcon.

Do they even still make those? I remember it launching and it seemed cool as hell... But I haven't heard mention of that in years until just now, lol.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
Once Tre and Evilore were playing on some random TF2 server. It was scary. Tre is a terrifying demoman.
pffft

I'll call both of em out! Where's EatChildren? He's a mod, right? Tell em I call them both out!

Yeef

That High Tower match was janky to the point of ridiculosity. I had 20~30 choke throughout. The server tick rate is 66. That means I was about a half a second behind what I was seeing. ;(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Kuro Madoushi said:
pffft

I'll call both of em out! Where's EatChildren? He's a mod, right? Tell em I call them both out!

I'd play, but I cant imagine my Australian internet would go to hot on US/EU servers :p.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Forkball said:

QR3Cu.jpg

That one was a Java kritz, I did another one later that was random, I think I got 3 that time.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Um... what the fuck

Okay, so I'm hearing this beeping noise from my computer, sounds like a bios beep, but it's not coming from the internal motherboard speakers.

I notice that it plays ever time this one guy dies on the server I'm idling in.

Can someone launch TF2 with the idling options (-textmode -noshader -novid -console -nosound) and join the ProTF2.com Idle #6 server, and verify there's a beep whenever the following text appears in the console? " "ZN"NN,D(1/2) IDLE suicided" (that's not exactly his name, the Ns have tildes over them and the 1/2 is the 1/2 ASCII character. In actually his name looks like it's Z3STY with some greek letters but the text isn't encoded properly for the console, hence the gibberish)

Just to confirm I'm not crazy.

What the fuck is going on?

Edit: the server is 50.97.150.114:27016

GaimeGuy

I think I figured out what one of the new modes valve is working on is going to be. A soccer mode with the beach balls :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MarkMclovin said:
I don't think there is anything worse than playing against a team that has a good Demo. Playing against a good Spy, I can handle, but a good Demo? It's like it's personal or something.

Fuck you.

It's also the class which I feel is overpowered too, so maybe I'm biased a little.
It's because it is overpowered

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
GaimeGuy said:
Hi hazaro, can you help me out please? <3
I just joined F7 and won Dusbowl (Attacking) 17-1 MVP by double the score.
So imba

What do you need help with
Just keep playing demo and you'll find that you won't die and stuff in front of you will.

GaimeGuy

Hazaro said:
I just joined F7 and won Dusbowl (Attacking) 17-1 MVP by double the score.
So imba

What do you need help with
Just keep playing demo and you'll find that you won't die and stuff in front of you will.
... #2269. :|

Yeef

Haha

What a wonderful exchange.

[EDIT] Apparently tf_forced_holiday needs to be set to 3 for the noisemakers to work, so I went ahead and set it on the server.

Also, the short circuit makes the beach ball vaporize. Talk about a party pooper.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So I read about the short circuit.
Wow that is stupid.

Machina seems like a straight upgrade for some snipers.

yeoz

GaimeGuy said:
Okay, so I'm hearing this beeping noise from my computer, sounds like a bios beep, but it's not coming from the internal motherboard speakers.

I notice that it plays ever time this one guy dies on the server I'm idling in.
That player's name includes the ascii control character Bell (0x07) which in a dos prompt (or similar) renders as a beep. Probably because of unicode->ascii conversion happening somewhere along the line.

Anyone know a cheap and reliable server host?

I've got a private 10 slot server with mygameservers at the moment and I'm currently paying £6.50 a month. I'm about to complete restart the server but I'm looking to see if there is any better hosting providers.

TGMIII

Sourtreats said:
Anyone know a cheap and reliable server host?

I've got a private 10 slot server with mygameservers at the moment and I'm currently paying £6.50 a month. I'm about to complete restart the server but I'm looking to see if there is any better hosting providers.

I've found multiplay to be pretty good, my only problem with them is that they're using a strange port for my server rather than say something like 27015 but it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Also EUROGAFFERS, I'm planning to be on the server tonight around 7PM GMT-0. Lets try and get the server somewhat active since I'm starting to have second thoughts about paying for a gaf server.

Maffis

Hazaro said:
So I read about the short circuit.
Wow that is stupid.

Machina seems like a straight upgrade for some snipers.

Not really. I still find the no-scoping to be a life-saver in some cases.

awwyeahgurrl said:
I've found multiplay to be pretty good, my only problem with them is that they're using a strange port for my server rather than say something like 27015 but it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Also EUROGAFFERS, I'm planning to be on the server tonight around 7PM GMT-0. Lets try and get the server somewhat active since I'm starting to have second thoughts about paying for a gaf server.
I'd join you , but can't , won't be at home until sunday unfortunately .

awwyeahgurrl said:

Cheers, I'll check out Multiplay.

As for the EuroGaf Sever, past few weeks I've been stuck on my laptop which is ghastly at running TF2 (5FPS). I'll try to play tonight.

GaimeGuy

yeoz said:
That player's name includes the ascii control character Bell (0x07) which in a dos prompt (or similar) renders as a beep. Probably because of unicode->ascii conversion happening somewhere along the line.
I wonder if that's a bug I should report to valve regarding their terminal emulator

Yeef

hiryu said:
Any chance of getting Pharoah and Croissant added to the map list if they aren't already?
Croissant's already on there. I'll check Pharoh out.

EmCeeGramr said:
happy birthday tf2 have some bots and some of the easiest hats in the world to make
I was thinking yesterday that maybe the reason there's a bunch of bot updates is because bots play a big part in the new game modes. Wishful thinking.

Yeef

I got two hat drops last night. Tricorn' and hatless engineer.

Borgnine said:
rUZWN.jpg

More! MORE! I require more asses. Give me your ass.
I also got an Original drop. Any interest? I notice you don't have one and since you only play soldier that's silly.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Yeef said:
I also got an Original drop. Any interest? I notice you don't have one and since you only play soldier that's silly.

Nah, I'm good, I like Liberty. Also I have no personal connection to Quake at all so I'd just use the stock launcher if I switched. Also, give me your ass.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
I got two hat drops last night. Tricorn' and hatless engineer.

I don't have any connection to Quake, but I've been wanting the Original, please. I can give you some spare item(s) in return.

Yeef

JackFrost said:
The drops reset tonight dont they? (i see you talking bout drops last night).

They should do double drop week for the bday celebration
yes, drops reset tonight.

I have 8 accounts. 7 idle, one idled each day of the week. I don't idle on my main account. So I get items everyday.

Top Bottom