• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Forkball

Good games. No mega update today, but tomorrow is always a possibility BELIEVE
B640BBEBA873B3A97A3C3BF14B8D7C66B263A163

38DC6841A99EF8480014988E8CA1BDFA43D57CE5

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dechaios said:
http://i.imgur.com/cXJ4G.jpg[/IMG

Gonna build my first item pack! Drew up the concepts today. What do you guys think, a good fit? The cloud bottle will be a team buff I think... he can build it up somehow and then throw it on a group of teammates.[/QUOTE]
Well, the proper name of the staff is Ruyi Jingu Bang, also called Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang. Maybe call it Ruyi Jingu Bonk? Then again, Valve changes weapon names at whim, so it may not matter what you call it.

For the Nimbus Bottle, 'Bottle Ol' Nimbus' comes to mind. The set seems like a great idea though.

Kuro Madoushi said:
I know! :D

Then who? My only criteria is he must have posted in this thread.
Silencer Lang is the best Sniper that has played on Janky-Ass.

Damn Yeef though. I was gonna break my record for headshots in Hightower but he had to be an asshole and killed me with a crit sticky.

uDifb.png

Yeef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chfvaX32Dx0&hd=1

Kuro Madoushi said:
Might be alright with the right players...

GAF ALLSTARS
Medic: Javaman/Proven
Demoman: wartime/Neroh
Scout: Yeef/artistdude88
Spy: Metaphorically/artistdude88
Heavy: Sciz/Master n0b
Sniper: Artemis Clydefrog/Neroh
Pyro: Queen of Thorns? Who's a good pyro?
Engie: Master n0b/Javaman
Soldier: Fallengorn/Borgnine/Wagosto (he a Gaffer?)

I keep thinking there had to be another soldier I had in mind...

Also had a few other players in mind, but their name escapes me or their Gaf account is different. These were the ones that make me rage.

We also get a lot of people in the server that I don't see in this thread. You guys lurking? :mad:
Crushed is a good pyro.

XeroSauce

Sgt.Pepper said:
Silencer Lang is the best Sniper that has played on Janky-Ass.

Damn Yeef though. I was gonna break my record for headshots in Hightower but he had to be an asshole and killed me with a crit sticky.

uDifb.png

Good Engi partner work today on Barnblitz.

Yeef

So the replay function of the server is supposed to delete the replays one they're one day old. I'm looking on my FTP and there are replays there dating all the way back to May. Not sure how much space it's taking up total since Filezilla only displays 9998 files at a time, but I just deleted 5 GB worth of replays and that got me to the end of June...

AcciDante

Kuro Madoushi said:

GAF ALLSTARS

Also had a few other players in mind, but their name escapes me or their Gaf account is different. These were the ones that make me rage.

We also get a lot of people in the server that I don't see in this thread. You guys lurking? :mad:
*cries*

Acerac

Banned
Clydefrog said:
:(

*puts Hazaro on ignore*
Don't worry Artemis, I'll uber you over almost anyone else. I know you'll get results.

Perhaps that is why I'm not listed as an awesome medic. That or I'm a nub at the class. One of the two.

*edit*

Oh good, apparently I've been getting most syringe gun kills as a medic quite frequently as of late. I'm sure that means I'm pro at healing.

For reference, does the Blutsauger only give the -2 hp per second when it is out, or does it give the debuff constantly? I'd not bother with it if it is static, but if it is like the GRU I might have to challenge Java for his daily award.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Clydefrog said:
:(

*puts Hazaro on ignore*
It's ok other people can confuse that with skill. I don't mind.
Acerac said:
Don't worry Artemis, I'll uber you over almost anyone else. I know you'll get results.

Perhaps that is why I'm not listed as an awesome medic. That or I'm a nub at the class. One of the two.

*edit*

Oh good, apparently I've been getting most syringe gun kills as a medic quite frequently as of late. I'm sure that means I'm pro at healing.

For reference, does the Blutsauger only give the -2 hp per second when it is out, or does it give the debuff constantly? I'd not bother with it if it is static, but if it is like the GRU I might have to challenge Java for his daily award.
The -2 is on top of the medics base default +3, so you get +1 regen instead of +3 (It scales more the longer you are hurt or something)

The Medic is the only class capable of regenerating health over time; the longer a Medic stays out of combat, the faster his health will recover. A damaged Medic will regenerate health at a rate of 3 HP per second, which scales up over the following ten seconds to a maximum of 6 HP per second, (though carrying the Blutsauger reduces the regeneration rate from 3-6 to 1-4, and the Crusader's Crossbow and Amputator together will raise it by 1.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AosFQx0tblI

Bluth54

Yeef said:
Added a bunch of maps to the server:

Next time you put maps on the server I would like to give this one a shot, I think it looks neat:
http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1113902-CP-Crossroads

Kuro Madoushi said:

GAF ALLSTARS

I'm pretty good with Heavy, though I've been playing Heavy less and less just because I'm getting kind of tired of the class.

Acerac

Banned
Hazaro said:
The -2 is on top of the medics base default +3, so you get +1 regen instead of +3 (It scales more the longer you are hurt or something)
No dice. What a drag.

I rely on that constant 3 health per second. Java gets to keep his daily award without competition and I get to continue enjoying not needing health packs (constantly) as medic. Battlemedics are fun on Valve servers, but I'm not nearly good enough to pull that off on JankyGAF. If it was only while the weapon was out there'd be some competition, but survival comes first with medic. I have a tough enough time staying alive to uber as is.

I really need to get my hands on a strange medigun, I almost never use the kritz as is and I don't ever touch the quick fix. I'll probably pick one up as soon as I see it going for less than a key.

Javaman

Acerac said:
No dice. What a drag.

I rely on that constant 3 health per second. Java gets to keep his daily award without competition and I get to continue enjoying not needing health packs (constantly) as medic. Battlemedics are fun on Valve servers, but I'm not nearly good enough to pull that off on JankyGAF. If it was only while the weapon was out there'd be some competition, but survival comes first with medic. I have a tough enough time staying alive to uber as is.

I really need to get my hands on a strange medigun, I almost never use the kritz as is and I don't ever touch the quick fix. I'll probably pick one up as soon as I see it going for less than a key.
The key is to rendomly sap enemy's health with random bursts of needles. If you see a group of enemies you can pepper the bunch and regain a lot of health. Hell, launch a barage around the corner and hide then reap the reward in safety. At a decent distance you can easily outgun a heavy. I can't use the regular needlegun anymore, I die too often with it. The bluts true magic comes from when you flee from someone backwards. If you know the map you are much more likely to survive with the bluts.

Chinner

Banned
nope, thats not it. i'm just scared that if you turn this into a niche thread then you may end up like this , which would be a shame because otherwise i quite like this thread.

edit: seriously the halo thread is horrible please dont let it happen here.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Pfft this was the list of ppl who make me rage.

For you noobs and free to play lurkers, you'd do well to observe the ppl on that list.

Also no harm in recognizing skill, so chillax, chinner! Ain't no halo crotch cam here.

Bakphoon

Kuro Madoushi said:
Pfft this was the list of ppl who make me rage.

For you noobs and free to play lurkers, you'd do well to observe the ppl on that list.

Also no harm in recognizing skill, so chillax, chinner! Ain't no halo crotch cam here.

I feel so bad right now, because im only used to the valve servers... I felt like a noob again yesterday when playing with you all.

But Thunder Mointain was so damn close! If i wasn't killed we would have won this...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Bakphoon said:
I feel so bad right now, because im only used to the valve servers... I felt like a noob again yesterday when playing with you all.

But Thunder Mointain was so damn close! If i wasn't killed we would have won this...
Well, a lot of us put a lot of hours in the game. 2000+ without idling.
Though the more you play, the more you realize that aim and one on one means nothing. Best advice? Don't be stupid. You're low on health, medic healing you? Don't take the goddamn healthpack. 3 snipers/spies? Don't go sniper/spy...you'd be surprised how dumb people are.

The one that irked me last night:
Medic - if the person you're healing is at full buff you MUST heal teammates you run by or people running away quickly. You build uber faster, you help them in case they have to fight a hidden spy, and you make others go back into the field more quickly. Be sure to stay with your pocket, but do give others a slight buff running up. This only applies if there are no enemies around, if there are, you need to triage.

TGMIII

Kuro Madoushi said:
The one that irked me last night:
Medic - if the person you're healing is at full buff you MUST heal teammates you run by or people running away quickly. You build uber faster, you help them in case they have to fight a hidden spy, and you make others go back into the field more quickly. Be sure to stay with your pocket, but do give others a slight buff running up. This only applies if there are no enemies around, if there are, you need to triage.

Holy shit, nothing gets me more than slowly dying right in front of a medic and they just watch you as they heal their 3-25 friend but then again these are people playing on like FOV75 so they can't see shit unless you walk up to them and literally ask them to heal you.

Bakphoon

awwyeahgurrl said:
Holy shit, nothing gets me more than slowly dying right in front of a medic and they just watch you as they heal their 3-25 friend but then again these are people playing on like FOV75 so they can't see shit unless you walk up to them and literally ask them to heal you.

Oh, I hate how the heavies get mad at me if i'm trying to heal other people... (valve server of course)

TGMIII

Bakphoon said:
Oh, I hate how the heavies get mad at me if i'm trying to heal other people... (valve server of course)

I honestly would stay away from valve servers if you're still learning to get to grips with the game, maybe use it to purely learn a class you never play but those servers are so bad. We were attacking the last point of coldfront and 2 guys starting complaining about how we needed more heavies to win, I seriously nearly shit myself when I heard them say that and the thing is people listen to these sort of people and actually do it.

I only ever play on valve servers when 1 or 2 of my friends want to play since they're not very good and don't really want to join a server where they will get destroyed, they just want to have a bit of fun with different classes which I totally understand but if you're trying to get better I'd stay clear of them.

Chinner said:
nope, thats not it. i'm just scared that if you turn this into a niche thread then you may end up like this , which would be a shame because otherwise i quite like this thread.

Heh I can see where you are coming from. Looking over the frequent posters here, I think only you and I came from HaloGAF.

Course I would probably still be in it if I renewed my Live subscription but that ain't happening.

DarkKyo

Drkirby said:
Well, the proper name of the staff is Ruyi Jingu Bang, also called Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang. Maybe call it Ruyi Jingu Bonk? Then again, Valve changes weapon names at whim, so it may not matter what you call it.

For the Nimbus Bottle, 'Bottle Ol' Nimbus' comes to mind. The set seems like a great idea though.
Interesting... I'll keep those names in mind for when I finish modeling the stuff. Thanks for the feedback! It is very helpful.

awwyeahgurrl said:
I honestly would stay away from valve servers if you're still learning to get to grips with the game, maybe use it to purely learn a class you never play but those servers are so bad. We were attacking the last point of coldfront and 2 guys starting complaining about how we needed more heavies to win, I seriously nearly shit myself when I heard them say that and the thing is people listen to these sort of people and actually do it.

The amount of times I uber'd a heavy on a Valve server and for him to run off in the other direction. Never again.

Yeef

I got a nice replay last night of exploding KillerSaint while he was eating a sandvich, but when I went to play it I got an error that said missing blocks. So I went and manually downloaded the blocks and still got the same error. Turns out that the game creates .dmx files for each block when you download it via pressing f6. I'm going to try to make the .dmx files manually (they're just plain text), but it's going to be a pain. It'd really be nice if you could right click on a replay and try to redownload it.

Chinner said:

You didn't really clarify anything there. You just restated that you don't like the Halo thread.

Chinner

Banned
seriously guys, just don't become like the halo thread. i like you guys i know i can trust you bros. just don't become like the halo guys.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Come on guys seriously stop being the Halo thread. I'm looking at all of you, Haloing up this thread left and right. Master Yeef and Arbiter Clivefrog seriously you guys need to shut up, go Halo somewhere else.

Proven

Chinner said:
seriously guys, just don't become like the halo thread. i like you guys i know i can trust you bros. just don't become like the halo guys.
Aww, now I really feel like I shouldn't jump in. I was going to talk about my (often rare) Engy/Pyro magic. And how Java prefers the Blut but I have to live by the regular Needlegun/Overdose. When I'm feeling frisky I do the Medieval combo and try to never switch from the Medigun.

All things aside, with so many customs I'd probably nominate more if I wasn't afraid for the other people leaving the server. I have a good enough connection that I can just wait for the server to push maps to me, but others often skip out. I've also been busy this week thanks to school starting again next week, so I may not be on the server any night before Monday. We'll see how things go.

Also, the Monkey King concept on the last page is really well done and thought up for a draft. If it wasn't for the fact that even I think it's a little much to get into TF2, and that it reminds me of LoL, I'd say go for it as it's near perfect already.

I'm not sure if I am Halo'ing up the thread right now since Chinner hasn't explained what that means.

Though I'm going to infer that a sucky player can't Halo up a thread.

Chinner

Banned
i'm just asking you guys don't make tf2 into halo seriously, i mean come on i know you guys like shooting things but that doesn't mean you have to make this thread like halo, because that is bad.

edit: guys somebody give me the steam launch code for idling and i'll cleanse this thread of all the halo'ness, seriously.

Top Bottom