• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Yeef said:
yes, drops reset tonight.

I have 8 accounts. 7 idle, one idled each day of the week. I don't idle on my main account. So I get items everyday.

Sub-optimal item collection! :O

Yeef

Charron said:
Sub-optimal item collection! :O
Nope. I play enough thatIi hit my drop cap via normal play on my main account every week.

Blizzard said:
Nor will I be until like 9-10 hours from now.

Why don't you ever use a microphone anymore?
I use my mic all the time. You're just not around when I do. Sometimes I'm too lazy to plug it in, so I won't bother.

XeroSauce

Smithy C said:
Giving me unlimited noisemakers was a mistake. How do I bind it to M1 so it does it every time I shoot?

bind "a" "+moveleft;use_action_slot_item"
bind "d" "+moveright;use_action_slot_item"
bind "s" "+back;use_action_slot_item"
bind "w" "+forward;use_action_slot_item"
bind "space" "+jump;use_action_slot_item"
bind "mouse1" "+attack;use_action_slot_item"

I can do it for every button you press, if you want.

TGMIII

Well, set a time an announcement on the euro steam group and 4 people joined :(

Resetting for 9PM GMT-0, hope to see more people.

Yeef

There's a cooldown on the noisemakers anyway. Best time to use it is right after you kill someone. Taunt and use your noisemaker so they see all the confetti and party favors in their kill cam.

I think I have a Cloud bug. I'll try posting in here first as it's TF2 related.

Since the last-but-one update, I've noticed that my FPS had dropped like a stone, but it was only today that I noticed it was my config file had been replaced with what looks like a default one. When I changed it again and re run the game, it gets replaced again, from I assume the Cloud.

I made the config file read only, but now I lose all of my control and multiplayer settings. It also looks like I haven't done the training and when I exit out, it tells me I have replays left. Things like the crosshair style and colour all reset back too. It does this every time.

So now I'm stuck with either the graphics config I want with having to do all of the controls and other settings each time, or I have to put up with a shitty FPS.

tldr : How do I delete the cloud configs. Or how can I have both my graphics and normal settings stick?

EDIT - Fuck me, I'm a penis. I was replacing the wrong .cfg file. Ignore me.

Yeef

Wednesday, August 24, 2011
3:18 PM - .ArtistDude88: it's a trap!
3:19 PM - Yeef: you're a trap
3:19 PM - Yeef: I am working on a big server update
3:19 PM - Yeef: the actual stuff that matters is all done
3:19 PM - Yeef: but i downloaded like 10 million maps that I want to run through and add
3:20 PM - .ArtistDude88: 10 million oh no!
3:20 PM - Yeef: indeed
3:20 PM - .ArtistDude88: /removes gaf from favorites
3:20 PM - Yeef: I'm also going to remove 3 maps from the server!
3:20 PM - Yeef: a first
3:20 PM - .ArtistDude88: yay!
3:20 PM - Yeef: hah
3:20 PM - .ArtistDude88: hopefully that realy shitty asymmetrical one
3:20 PM - Yeef: I am going to remove garbage day and cranetop since they crash everyone
3:21 PM - Yeef: andtraction since it made everyone's ping like 3x normal
3:21 PM - Yeef: nope
3:21 PM - Yeef: but I will remove some of the crappy ones from coming up in a vote randomly
3:21 PM - Yeef: there's a new map rate plugin that was just released a week ago
3:22 PM - Yeef: once that's bug free i'll load it up and let people vote on maps
3:22 PM - Yeef: ones with shitty ratings will get the boot!
3:22 PM - Yeef: I am going to go get a haircut
3:23 PM - Yeef: then I will return and run through maps

What has changed? If you were to ask, I would tell you this:
  • Disabled game cron in favor of welcome message - All this means is that instead of a global message at the beginning of a map the 'nominate' and 'hlx' messages are displayed to players individually 20 seconds after they connect to the server.
  • Installed the teamtalk plugin - This allows players to bind a key to voiceall a toggle command that switches alltalk on or off for them only. By default alltalk is on, but if you press your voiceall button only your team will be able to hear you. Press it again and everyone can hear you. if you want to get fancy (and I know you do) you can add this to your autoexec.cfg to bind separate buttons for alltalk and teamtalk
    Code:
    alias +teamtalk "voiceall; +voicerecord"
    alias -teamtalk "-voicerecord; voiceall"
    bind h +teamtalk
    Replace h with your button of choice.
  • Removed cranetop and garbage day from the server - They're good maps, but some patch like 7 months ago started making them crash everyone. if they ever get updated I'll re-add them.
  • Removed zig from the server - zig was that craggy attack/defend map we played a few nights ago that was only a single stage. The author has released a completed version with all 3 stages, but he also changed the name. I plan on adding it to the server once I giv eit the run through.
  • Removed traction from the server - traction was that one payload map that made everyone's ping spike to 6 trillion and had the checkered/rainbow colored floors in the spawn rooms. It is gone forever!

Yeef

You guys are going to hate me tonight.

I set up my class configs so that every class uses the noisemaker when they attack except for:
  • Demoman uses it when he explodes stickies
  • Medic uses it when he ubers
  • Spy uses it when he manually drops disguise
  • Pyro uses it when he airblasts

TGMIII

JackFrost said:
Tried to give EUGAF a bump even with a 105 ping but i crashed :/
sorry guys

Yeah I saw you connect then get disconnected, no problems.

Had a few people on, but still only 6/8. If you're online and see an announcement from eurogaf please join the server :)

Yeef said:
  • Jank
  • Jank
  • Jank
  • Reduced Some Jank
  • Added Double Jank

Word!

*Edit:

Milestone Achievement!
joqVS.jpg

Should spawn the HHH on every map!

Smithy C

XeroSauce said:
bind "a" "+moveleft;use_action_slot_item"
bind "d" "+moveright;use_action_slot_item"
bind "s" "+back;use_action_slot_item"
bind "w" "+forward;use_action_slot_item"
bind "space" "+jump;use_action_slot_item"
bind "mouse1" "+attack;use_action_slot_item"

I can do it for every button you press, if you want.
Yessssssss. I shall try my hardest to stay awake late enough to be in the US GAF server to try this out.

Yeef

TF2 beta update!

Beta said:
--- August 24, 2011 ---

General:

• Synced with all changes and fixes from the official release
  • Removed experimental fix for "class instance baseline" demo playback/replay crash

Boring!

Smithy C said:
Yessssssss. I shall try my hardest to stay awake late enough to be in the US GAF server to try this out.
Those scripts might not work. Generally from +actions you want to make a +alias and a -alias. if you don't it'll keep triggering. So, for example:
Code:
alias +bday "+attack;use_action_slot_item"
alias -bday "-attack"
bind mouse1 +bday
If you do it the other way you'll keep attacking/moving/whatever even when you stop pressing the button.

Forkball

Oh boy my money transferred into my Paypal account so I can make my idle account a premium one. Now to decide what to buy with my $5. I want the Value of Teamwork paint for my Merryweather, not sure about the other.

Acerac

Banned
Forkball said:
Oh boy my money transferred into my Paypal account so I can make my idle account a premium one. Now to decide what to buy with my $5. I want the Value of Teamwork paint for my Merryweather, not sure about the other.
Buy keys and trade them. That is the best value for your money.

God; I don't know how you guys go pub-stomp in Valve servers. I'm just moving into stage two of my TF2 "career:" the part where I occasionally have good games, but I have to at least have a decent team around me to get anything done. It seems every time I join a Valve server, my team is so disjointed that I find myself out of position all the time.

I dunno; maybe if I played spy I'd enjoy Valve servers, but it seems every time I push the 'Start Playing' button, I get super frustrated.

As it stands now, I only have three servers on my favorites list that I actually enjoy playing on, and they aren't always populated except at peak hours. What servers do you guys have on your favorites for those times when Janky-Ass isn't populated? Or do you just roll the dice and push 'Start Playing' and hope for the best?

GibbedGaming if I'm not in the mood to try my luck, otherwise I stick with Valve servers because they have fantastic settings, no instantspawn/premium/32 players or other shit.

Acerac

Banned
I just crush faces on valve servers when JankyGaf isn't going. Granted, 90% of the time when I'm a valve server I play spy. Perhaps you should try learning the class?

It's worth the time investment. It's gotten to the point where if I have a 2:1 k:d ratio on a valve server with the class I consider myself to be doing poorly, and if I'm playing well I'm doubling everyone else's point totals on the scoreboard with ease.

I just started with the class when the game went free to play, so it doesn't take that much practice. The first 5-10 hours you play you might have trouble, but once you get past that you're an invisible angel of death. It's good stuff.

Just remember, on valve servers you'll almost never be noticed when you use dead ringer.

Yeef

Added a bunch of maps to the server:
  • Push CP
    • Cave In - Warpath-esque. You start by capping your own second point and there's also a place where you can bust through a wall.
    • Demolition
    • Frost
    • Labor
    • Titan - 6cp map. instead of having a mid point each team starts with 3 points. It means choosing between defending and attacking at the beginning of the game.
    • Waterway
  • Attack / Defend CP
    • Castle - a/d
    • Gydan - Single stage, 4 points. Probably the most polished map of all the ones I've added tonight.
    • Millstone - Gravelpit-type, very large
    • Shock - Single stage, 2 points. First seems easy to defend. Timer starts at 10 minutes and capturing the first point adds another 10.
    • Silo C -3-stage map. First stage is standard. Second stage is a gravelpit-type. Third stage is a single point that's very close to red spawn and far away from BLU spawn.
    • Takeback Mountain - Gravelpit-type
    • Treehouse - Gravelpit-type. I love the looks of this map.
    • Zinkenite - Complete version of Zig
  • Capture the Flag
    • Scorched - Similar layout to 2fort, but more open.
  • King of the Hill
    • Courtyard - Egyptian themed. It reminds me, just a bit, of complex from Goldeneye/Perfect Dark.
    • Drop Dead Fred - Has nothing to do with the movie. I was on the fence about adding this one. It reminds me of Mario64.
    • Dryway - Another Egyptian themed map.
    • Escalante
    • Loader - Interesting setup. Each team spawns up above the point and has extra resupply rooms to the sides of the point.
    • Northural - Super small (maybe it was designed for 6v6?). For some reason the birthday ball was chrome on this level.
    • Persia - Has a 4 minute timer instead of 3 minutes.
    • Scorched - King of the Hill version of the CTF map above.
    • Vesuvius - Me: professor. Lava: hot!
    • Warehouse
    • Winter Ridge - This one has lots of different levels you can get to.
  • Payload
    • Bunker - This map is ugly and cramped, but novel enough that I'd like to try it once. Instead of a cart there's an elevator that you ride to the top of the level. The elevator gives health like a cart, but no ammo.
    • Cliff's Edge
    • Floodgates - This map is pretty flat. Also, there are saws along either side of the track before the second point.
    • Pharaoh - Egyptian themed. The layout reminds me of Deadwood.
    • Sierra Scurry - Super long setup time. Red and Blue each have 1 spawn, so teleporters are vital for both teams.
    • Universe - This map has train tracks and trains. At one point the cart goes over the train tracks. I tried letting the train hit the cart. The cart went flying then magically appeared back on its own track like 2 seconds later.
    • Yamashiro - Feudal Japan theme. I'm pretty sure it's by the same guy that did Shirouma.
  • Territorial Control
    • Spectre - Because we all love Hydro and want more TC maps. Your voices have been heard!

[EDIT] As always, download them here or wait for the server to push them to you!

Forkball

The Yeef Update

Also when do Mann Co. items become tradeable? I bought paint and a key but I thought I could auto-trade them to my real account. I WANT THEM NOW.

Bakphoon

Forkball said:
The Yeef Update

Also when do Mann Co. items become tradeable? I bought paint and a key but I thought I could auto-trade them to my real account. I WANT THEM NOW.

48 hours after purchase.

Yeef

Forkball said:
The Yeef Update

48 hours after you buy them.

If you want to use them now, trade the items you want to use them on the account with the paint/key. paint/open the items, then trade them back.

DarkKyo

cXJ4G.jpg

Gonna build my first item pack! Drew up the concepts today. What do you guys think, a good fit? The cloud bottle will be a team buff I think... he can build it up somehow and then throw it on a group of teammates.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:
GibbedGaming if I'm not in the mood to try my luck, otherwise I stick with Valve servers because they have fantastic settings, no instantspawn/premium/32 players or other shit.

Apparently, Gibbed Gaming changed everything to default so that we appear on the "play now" listings...goddamn there are a lot of fucking n00bs running around.

25 player
default spawn times
regular rotation

Be forewarned, a lot of comp and former comp players play there, though they often off class. I really do wish we could get a GG vs GAF game some time :(

XeroSauce

Kuro Madoushi said:
Apparently, Gibbed Gaming changed everything to default so that we appear on the "play now" listings...goddamn there are a lot of fucking n00bs running around.

25 player
default spawn times
regular rotation

Be forewarned, a lot of comp and former comp players play there, though they often off class. I really do wish we could get a GG vs GAF game some time :(

We might get murdered. Does anyone on GAF have comp experience? I used to play a bit of Highlander and 6v6.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
XeroSauce said:
We might get murdered. Does anyone on GAF have comp experience? I used to play a bit of Highlander and 6v6.
Might be alright with the right players...

GAF ALLSTARS
Medic: Javaman/Proven
Demoman: wartime/Neroh
Scout: Yeef/artistdude88
Spy: Metaphorically/artistdude88
Heavy: Sciz/Master n0b
Sniper: Artemis Clydefrog/Neroh
Pyro: Queen of Thorns? Who's a good pyro?
Engie: Master n0b/Javaman
Soldier: Fallengorn/Borgnine/Wagosto (he a Gaffer?)

I keep thinking there had to be another soldier I had in mind...

Also had a few other players in mind, but their name escapes me or their Gaf account is different. These were the ones that make me rage.

We also get a lot of people in the server that I don't see in this thread. You guys lurking? :mad:

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Don't put me on sniper, are you drunk.
I mean I can be decent but it's more positioning than skill unless I'm on a hot streak.

We also have a ton of good soldiers but I can fill in soldier/scout and to a lesser extent Heavy/Spy

Highlander would be cool.
No comp experience besides the EU Highlander thing we never got medals for.

XeroSauce

Highlander would be very cool. I did a 4-team Highlander round robin with a server I regular at and they had captains and chose players and it was a very good time.

Kuro Madoushi said:

GAF ALLSTARS

Also had a few other players in mind, but their name escapes me or their Gaf account is different. These were the ones that make me rage.

We also get a lot of people in the server that I don't see in this thread. You guys lurking? :mad:
Sixghost would be a better choice for Pyro. Pretty much every time I thought I had them, they'd freakin' shotgun me to death.

I'm a lot better than I was as Pyro, but still nowhere near good enough where we all wouldn't get murdered on comp play.

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:

GAF ALLSTARS

Psh, I'm the world's best all of those classes, especially heavy and all the others. :mad:

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
Psh, I'm the world's best all of those classes, especially heavy and all the others. :mad:
:lol
Oh...you were serious...
<_<
>_>
Cheerleader: Blizzard

And Neroh, that's why artemis is first. Maybe jangaroo? We don't have any scary good snipers. Silencer Lang isn't a Gaffer, I believe.
And I might be drunk, dammit! What's it to ya?

Top Bottom