• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

no_halo.png

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Will everyone stop turning this into a Chinner thread? Let's just go back to talking about hats and stop being like Chinner.

God damn it, Chinner.

I will teabag the shit out of your gibs

So I was in the CFGU server which is normally pretty good as a Medic. Either today was a special day, or I did pretty awesome as Medic. I'm going to say maybe a mix of both. I had to go battle medic because my team's composition sucked, but the Butzcracker is actually fairly useful and I am getting a lot better at using it.

When I grow up I wanna be as good a Medic as Javaman.

Medic is still going to be frustrating as fuck in the GAF server though. I think I shall mostly stick with him this week though.

JackFrost said:
:( i dont have the lament and am nowhere near that list. Guess ill just hang-up my backburner.

On second thought....fuk y'all XD

You're not a bad Pyro but I've noticed you almost play him exclusively. Mix it up with at least 2 other classes to get more strategies in your head.

Grimm Fandango said:
You're not a bad Pyro but I've noticed you almost play him exclusively. Mix it up with at least 2 other classes to get more strategies in your head.

I know playing Spy has turned me into a Spy for every other class. In the CFGU server as a Medic I would sweep the area for teleporters if I saw destroyed remains of a Sentry because I didn't trust our mostly incompetent spies.

I also take side routes a LOT unless I am running with teammates to the battlefield directly.

Doing this as a Tomislav Heavy is also pretty fun.

Grimm Fandango said:
Hey Grimm, I saw you yesterday using the axtinguisher/Pummeler really fast yesterday on Upward. In fact, in the pyro didn't even pull them out, it just lifted the degreaser and killed them. Was that some kind of fast switch script or something?

Sgt.Pepper said:
Hey Grimm, I saw you yesterday using the axtinguisher/Pummeler really fast yesterday on Upward. In fact, in the pyro didn't even pull them out, it just lifted the degreaser and killed them. Was that some kind of fast switch script or something?

65% faster weapon switch with the degreaser

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
fallengorn said:
Will everyone stop turning this into a Chinner thread? Let's just go back to talking about hats and stop being like Chinner.

God damn it, Chinner.

I will teabag the shit out of your gibs
Gonna do this...:D

I don't even play halo, so clarify or go back to halo...where you can enjoy crotch cam more.

Sgt.Pepper said:

Are you referring to that kill on Forkball as Heavy? On top of the Degreaser, Borgnine also Disciplinary Action'd me so I appeared to be moving faster.

What I did do is map the weapon slots onto my mouse (Logitech MX 518). Saves a lot of time with other classes too.

Ld2Iy.jpg

XeroSauce

Grimm Fandango said:
Are you referring to that kill on Forkball as Heavy? On top of the Degreaser, Borgnine also Disciplinary Action'd me so I appeared to be moving faster.

What I did do is map the weapon slots onto my mouse (Logitech MX 518). Saves a lot of time with other classes too.

Ld2Iy.jpg

Oh boy, I use those buttons too often for chat/quick-switch/special class scripts.

Grimm Fandango said:

Ld2Iy.jpg

i was in best buy the other day looking for a mouse with decent side buttons to map to. Didnt find anything i liked but saw some nice ones in the GAF mouse thread that I might order

Grimm Fandango said:

http://i.imgur.com/Ld2Iy.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Ahh, I see. Well, I'd better get a gaming mouse then!

Anyone got a medic and a sniper crate that want to give me? I've got 2 keys and I want to open those crates. If you want I can give you 3 Engi crates and 1 spy crate in return.

My skill level should tell you that my advice should be taken with a grain of salt, but this is the setup I use on the Pyro:

Left-click: Primary fire
Right-click: Slot3, attack (brings up the axtinguisher, immediately attacks if i hold it down)
Scroll-up: Flamethrower
Scroll-down: Secondary
Side-click: Airburst
Push in scroll wheel: PANIC!! (Okay, this is just for fun - a script that makes the pyro spin incredibly fast in a circle while spewing fire.)

Bakphoon

Sourtreats said:
Anyone got a medic and a sniper crate that want to give me? I've got 2 keys and I want to open those crates. If you want I can give you 3 Engi crates and 1 spy crate in return.

I've got sniper crates, but i dont really want other crates for it :(

dani_dc

Grimm Fandango said:

Ld2Iy.jpg
I have an MX 518 and I forgot completely about the side buttons.
Think I'll map my mouse in a similar manner, looks pretty useful.

Yeef

fallengorn said:
Logitech MX 518 > *
Meh. I own and prefer the Performance Mouse MX.

logitech_performance_mouse_mx.jpg

As far as moue binds go, I mainly just use the extra buttons for communication. By default I've got "sentry ahead," "activate charge" and teamtalk mapped to 3 of the 4 side buttons. Middle click is spy call. On some classes, like spy and engineer, I change it up. Engineer is mostly quick build binds and spy is disguise stuff. On classes that don't get ubers, like Sniper and Scout I have other stuff bound to that button. Sniper, for example, when I press the button will automatically switch to jarate, throw it and pull out his knife.

Even GibbedGaming servers have gone to hell. I'm one of the worst players I know, and I was sitting on top of the scoreboard as an Engineer. On Offense. And second to top as a Scout (my worst class) on Steel.

Just a heads-up that as the GiantBomb guys have already departed for PAX the Tested.com guys will be playing TF2 tonight for Thursday Night Tested - tf2.tested.com at 4PM Pacific I believe.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Darkflight said:
Just a heads-up that as the GiantBomb guys have already departed for PAX the Tested.com guys will be playing TF2 tonight for Thursday Night Tested - tf2.tested.com at 4PM Pacific I believe.

Hah! Good luck getting on those servers.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
My mouse is made by Microsoft. It has a left and a right button, a wheel, and a green PS/2 connector. I'm probably gonna get it signed by Fatal1ty.

TGMIII

Borgnine said:
My mouse is made by Microsoft. It has a left and a right button, a wheel, and a green PS/2 connector. I'm probably gonna get it signed by Fatal1ty.

Yo if it's the WMO1.1A/3.0A or intelli mouse then you've got one of the best mice ever made.

Ultratech

Kuro Madoushi said:
Might be alright with the right players...

Also had a few other players in mind, but their name escapes me or their Gaf account is different. These were the ones that make me rage.

We also get a lot of people in the server that I don't see in this thread. You guys lurking? :mad:

Yeah...I just don't always post in here. Or get on the server.

*Puts on Halo* :D

Grimm Fandango said:

http://i.imgur.com/Ld2Iy.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

Damn, I need a better mouse.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
We all know its about the Trackballs
31w6q8wHG8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

So, if I did Text Mode idling, how do I know it is working right, that isn't just wait an hour and see if I get an item? I used this line:
-textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw -maxplayers 1 +sv_lan 1 +map "itemtest"

moojito

The last couple of days I've been playing demoman almost exclusively and I'm loving it! Kabeem! Nothing like taking a massive group of players and 3 engy buildings with one right click.

Drkirby said:
We all know its about the Trackballs
So, if I did Text Mode idling, how do I know it is working right, that isn't just wait an hour and see if I get an item? I used this line:

That's about it. Just ctrl-c to quit the dos box then open up tf2 as normal. I leave it overnight and usually get 10 items exactly.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Zomba13 said:
Oh my god guys! Left my main account idling and I've just found a Fancy Dress Uniform :D

Yea?! Well...I found a name tag!

*sob*

moojito said:
The last couple of days I've been playing demoman almost exclusively and I'm loving it! Kabeem! Nothing like taking a massive group of players and 3 engy buildings with one right click.

Demoman is one of the most satisfying class to play imo. There is nothing quite like one-shotting an annoying scout that was buzzing around you.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
On topic of mice -

DA_LR02_1169602491-000.jpg

Razer Deathadder. Its ricer as shit but I still love it. Though I dont use the side buttons for anything but switching DPI on the fly. Could never get the hang of using it for weapon switch or voice talk or the like.

Also it looks like I lost my Shaman Mask when Steam refunded me for From Dust.
But I don't care, cause now I have my money back from that shitty-ass game.

Pancakes

^High-five, I use the same the mouse. I've been trying to use the sidebuttons more frequently but it's taking some getting used to. And the glossed sides are somewhat annoying but I still wouldn't trade it for the world.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Zerokku said:
On topic of mice -

DA_LR02_1169602491-000.jpg

Razer Deathadder. Its ricer as shit but I still love it. Though I dont use the side buttons for anything but switching DPI on the fly. Could never get the hang of using it for weapon switch or voice talk or the like.

Also it looks like I lost my Shaman Mask when Steam refunded me for From Dust.
But I don't care, cause now I have my money back from that shitty-ass game.
yeah that's my new mouse.

takes some getting used

RICER AS SHIT?! WAAAAAAAAAAAAt?!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Kuro Madoushi said:
RICER AS SHIT?! WAAAAAAAAAAAAt?!

Referring to the whole glowing mouse wheel and pulsing razer logo.

Borgnine said:
Seems like a lot of those buttons are wasted on someone who mains Heavy.

In my defense I've been switching it up with Soldier and Engineer a bit more often lately. Until we start losing and then I go Heavy again and we win :p

Acerac

Banned
Javaman said:
The key is to rendomly sap enemy's health with random bursts of needles. If you see a group of enemies you can pepper the bunch and regain a lot of health. Hell, launch a barage around the corner and hide then reap the reward in safety. At a decent distance you can easily outgun a heavy. I can't use the regular needlegun anymore, I die too often with it. The bluts true magic comes from when you flee from someone backwards. If you know the map you are much more likely to survive with the bluts.
Thanks for the advice. I might give it a shot when I play tonight, it seems like it would make medic a pretty hard counter for scouts.

I already love the retreating needle spam, this might make it awesome. :)

moojito

So, there I was on plr_pipeline getting my demo spam on. When I joined the server the red team had almost won. It was last stand time for blue and I pitched in clearing out several heavy red advances.

After one respawn I decided to have a go at attacking, even though our cart was only just over the half way point. I get on the cart and some engineer joins me and we make a pretty decent push and I get a good couple of kills on the way, then out of nowhere a medic appears and ubers me, allowing me to get around the corner and wipe out the engineer nest, a demo and a heavy-medic combo. Pretty nice going. Just after the uber runs out a pyro comes round the corner and gets a pipe bomb in the face from me, killing us both. Still, job's a good un since we're now about to... WHAT THE FUCKING HELL?! *you have been switched to red for team balance* *BLUE WINS! YOU FAIL!*

I was either going to laugh or break something. Fortunately for my stuff, I laughed!

Obsessed said:
Jeez where the fuck is everyone tonight?

Im going back in a bit. Took a trip to the pub real quick.

@zerokku Thats the mouse i was talking about above that i saw in the thread. Im going through the shops tomorrow to find me one.

Top Bottom