• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

JackFrost said:
Im going back in a bit. Took a trip to the pub real quick.

@zerokku Thats the mouse i was talking about above that i saw in the thread. Im going through the shops tomorrow to find me one.
YOU WERE THE SPY YOU JERK

How do people feel about the Machina, able to hit 550+ damages to a Heavy in a single headshot ?

Thoraxes said:
I have a gen 1 Deathadder and it still suits me fine.
Wonder if going from 1800 DPi to 3500DPi is noticable... Anyone know?

I have a 2000 dpi Razer and from my experience (and mouse grip and gamer's habit) I don't think having more than 2000 is revelant for a 1080p display.
I would go like this: you don't need more than twice the dpi than you have vertical pixels.

UnluckyKate said:
How do people feel about the Machina, able to hit 550+ damages to a Heavy in a single headshot ?
It is okay. But relaying on SMG to survive mid-range/close quarter combat is lame as hell.

And I have killed buffed Heavies with a full charged shot with the vanilla Sniper so I don't think much of that gun.

Nelo Ice

Banned
moojito said:
The last couple of days I've been playing demoman almost exclusively and I'm loving it! Kabeem! Nothing like taking a massive group of players and 3 engy buildings with one right click.

That's about it. Just ctrl-c to quit the dos box then open up tf2 as normal. I leave it overnight and usually get 10 items exactly.

ive been idling by adding the text mode idle stuff in launch options
is there anyway to idle with a different shortcut like it says on the tf2 wiki? cuz everytime i idle i have to go delete the command line from launch opens then make tf2 fullscreen when i launch it normally

Forkball

UnluckyKate said:

It only does that on a full charge, in which case a headshot with the normal rifle would also kill a heavy. It doesn't matter if it does 450 or 4,500 damage, it can still kill any class.

But on body shots and penetrating shots, the Machina is pretty overpowered. I just hope when the inevitable nerf does come it doesn't become useless. I think a logical nerf would be to make full charges stronger but everything else weaker. So like it does 10% less on a half charge than the regular rifle but 15% more on a full charge.

Nelo Ice said:
ive been idling by adding the text mode idle stuff in launch options
is there anyway to idle with a different shortcut like it says on the tf2 wiki? cuz everytime i idle i have to go delete the command line from launch opens then make tf2 fullscreen when i launch it normally

Right click on your desktop to make a new short cut, and put this (note, it may change depending on where your Steam folder is saved):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -textmode -nosound -window -nopreload -novid -dxlevel 81 +map "itemtest"

Save it with a different name (Idle Fortress is a fan favorite) and when you want to idle, use that shortcut. You don't have to change anything to the shortcut in your Steam library so you can switch back and forth with no hassle.

The FUK!!! I was having a blast with e1 and I lost EVERYTHING...my tv,my phone and my INTERWEBZ!!! now I gotta wait like a peasant to get in and im piss drunk so ill be more worthless then b4 if you can believe that!!!!

4 years with verizon no problems....2 weeks xfinity nothing but problems

Im pissed as all hell....waste cheap booze on a tf2-less nite (yeah engaged regular life sucks....not much to look forward 2 here, so this hurts)

is there a way to play on a regular shit server while sitting in queue for gaf or do i gotta look at the autojoin screen till i join?

This is like some kinda bad joke or some shit!!! my webz back, i got in for 2 seconds, got disconnected(not my end)...i hate you all.

bitches scared of my backburner skillz lol

Everytime I get on the GAF server, my shit gets stuck and I have to turn off the computer or close Steam. And I was playing normally with Artemis like 1 minute ago.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Everytime I get on the GAF server, my shit gets stuck and I have to turn off the computer or close Steam. And I was playing normally with Artemis like 1 minute ago.
hopefully he was dressed.

my life is drab and ive come to look forward to getting stomped by ppl i may/may not have disagreed with in various threads and now im foreveralone lol...if this keeps up i might have to make sweet love with gf and no1 wants that

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I could not stop laughing at Jackfrost and Kirby talking to eachother, seriously it was like a couple of aliens. :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
Forkball said:
It only does that on a full charge, in which case a headshot with the normal rifle would also kill a heavy. It doesn't matter if it does 450 or 4,500 damage, it can still kill any class.

But on body shots and penetrating shots, the Machina is pretty overpowered. I just hope when the inevitable nerf does come it doesn't become useless. I think a logical nerf would be to make full charges stronger but everything else weaker. So like it does 10% less on a half charge than the regular rifle but 15% more on a full charge.

Right click on your desktop to make a new short cut, and put this (note, it may change depending on where your Steam folder is saved):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -textmode -nosound -window -nopreload -novid -dxlevel 81 +map "itemtest"

Save it with a different name (Idle Fortress is a fan favorite) and when you want to idle, use that shortcut. You don't have to change anything to the shortcut in your Steam library so you can switch back and forth with no hassle.

thanks! thats why the one from the wiki wasnt working my steam folder is in my program files(x86) folder lol

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
UnluckyKate said:
I would go like this: you don't need more than twice the dpi than you have vertical pixels.

Some of us like being able to do a complete 360 without moving the mouse more than an inch haha

I am requesting the removal of KOTH Nucleus.

The infinite ammo rocket launcher really breaks the map. Or am I the only one that thinks that?

I did manage to get a kill on artistdude using the Blutzkrager today so it wasn't all bad at least. :D

Yeef

Awesome! Crafted 2 junk hats together and got a Made Man. :D

Obsessed said:

The infinite ammo rocket launcher really breaks the map. Or am I the only one that thinks that?

I did manage to get a kill on artistdude using the Blutzkrager today so it wasn't all bad at least. :D
Reflected Cow mangler shots ALWAYS crit. Don't you usually play Pyro? You should be rolling in reflect kills.

Obsessed said:

I also nailed him with the Flare Gun right as the match ended. Might upload the video tomorrow <3

KOTH_Nucleus + Soldier + Cow Mangler + Gunboats = hilarity

Just sit in the rafters and spam the charged blast at the point... So funny hearing all the DINGS

And yeah, Con and Grimm had 2 hilarious kills on me :p

Yeef said:
Reflected Cow mangler shots ALWAYS crit. Don't you usually play Pyro? You should be rolling in reflect kills.

I actually rarely touch Pyro anymore. I mostly go Medic/Spy. And I only go Spy when being a Medic grows frustrating/tiresome. And when Spy fails? Heavy!

ArtistDude88 said:
KOTH_Nucleus + Soldier + Cow Mangler + Gunboats = hilarity

Just sit in the rafters and spam the charged blast at the point... So funny hearing all the DINGS

Yeah I die as a medic and the killcam lets me see you sitting up on the rafter.

I respawn and travel a bit and then go back to the point... and see another charged shot go to the middle point. I turn up and you are STILL alive.

That's when I decided to shoot you!

ArtistDude88 said:
People generally don't look up in that map haha

This comment just reminded me.

Valve really should make some item that removes a Soldiers ability to rocket jump but gives a big bonus in exchange.

What do you guys think would be a fair bonus?

(._.)

Banned
Obsessed said:
This comment just reminded me.

Valve really should make some item that removes a Soldiers ability to rocket jump but gives a big bonus in exchange.

What do you guys think would be a fair bonus?
Honestly, 4 rockets with the choice of two of them being crits. That rl would be horrible either way w/o rj and it isn't a very good idea imo.

Forkball

Yamashiro is pretty fun. The northmost exit is a bit annoying since you have to go through some twisting stairs, but I like how the track goes in a circle so the main area is like a hub so you don't really need a teleporter (but it helps).

A9CEA0B497CAA6D1D85EF355B3BDB293812DD4A4

33C74E108F7B273FAFABF1FC00C2FBFF803D0989

33B64318A8060BBC81EFF071762F9952AF13492F

DDF92A2F3FE4A30EE317734469AA43B6E0FB1AE5

XeroSauce said:
Waiting for JackFrost to post.

lol wat....god I suk :(

another AWESOME night...even after getting owned all over the place its so much fun (please excuse my exuberance im still new...3/4 weeks in).

any"new" guys debating on coming over...please do they talk in the thread abouyt "best ofs" but it really dont matter...I suk and every1 tolerates me and showqsa me a good time(no-gay lol).

It sux being the new guy on the block (i literally got good internet a few weeks ago, along with my tf2 account)...but the tolerance here is awesome and the clowns are even better (im lookig at you ad88)

Acerac

Banned
JackFrost said:
lol wat....god I suk :(

another AWESOME night...even after getting owned all over the place its so much fun (please excuse my exuberance im still new...3/4 weeks in).

any"new" guys debating on coming over...please do they talk in the thread abouyt "best ofs" but it really dont matter...I suk and every1 tolerates me and showqsa me a good time(no-gay lol)
You're awesome Jack, even if I need to kill you for being a traitor and going on the opposing team.

Just remember, it's not gay unless the balls touch! That's for when you get a bit more experience.

Relax.MX said:
Second time in the GAF server...sooooo good :)

EDIT: No problem if i add you guys?

Add away! I've never had a gaffer get mad at me for adding them, and I'd love to have more good people to heal.

Acerac said:
You're awesome Jack, even if I need to kill you for being a traitor and going on the opposing team.

Just remember, it's not gay unless the balls touch! That's for when you get a bit more experience.

its even less gay when you post together XD

it really is so much more fun with dudes from in here then randoms in a valve server....even if they are cool (ive made a few friends there).

just to make a origin or 3ds joke and have ppl get it is nice.

and borgs now in my history book for hooking me up

XeroSauce

JackFrost said:
its even less gay when you post together XD

it really is so much more fun with dudes from in here then randoms in a valve server....even if they are cool (ive made a few friends there).

just to make a origin or 3ds joke and have ppl get it is nice.

and borgs now in my history book for hooking me up

Yea man, it was really fun times. The god damn Halloween map with 20 Horsemanns runing around cracked me up.

XeroSauce said:
Yea man, it was really fun times. The god damn Halloween map with 20 Horsemanns runing around cracked me up.

i wondere if chesskid got his achievement?? is he a member here (probably a stealth i dont know about)?

Chesskid1

Banned
JackFrost said:
i wondere if chesskid got his achievement?? is he a member here (probably a stealth i dont know about)?

haha no, i wasn't able to get it work. some other time hopefully :)

no biggy as i still have like 200 or so other achievements to do.. i'm new to TF2 as well (60ish hours).

Chesskid1 said:
haha no, i wasn't able to get it work. some other time hopefully :)

no biggy as i still have like 200 other achievements to do..

I posted a german server that runs it 24/7 which me and a few other guys got mit from...I got it with a 125 ping so yoiu should have no probz

ArtistDude88 said:
I'm not clowning around! TF2 is SRS BIZNESS!

:O

lol you 1 of the main reasons I come back everyday.....Im so no0bish I know, but like i said i just got good enough webz for MP.....so deal with it!!!

kinda cool to see boney in there, didnt see him as a tf2 player

borgs hooked me up with my first cool hat for whatever, so to pay-it-forward kind of id like to name it something kinda cool to remember.....any funny,insulting suggestions??? (i know its corny but i wont sell it and want something to keep the momentum)

And whoever tried ruining jersey shore for ME.......your time will come gwaHAHAHAAHHA

Top Bottom