• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

JackEtc

The item server has been down for me all day. Anyone else having this problem? I'm trying to trade shit and can't.

EDIT: Restarting Steam fixed it, all's good.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Obsessed said:
I'm starting to think that tf2 item mining would be far more lucrative than bitcoin mining. Hell, tf2 items are probably more of a currency than bitcoins.
Baha, I know you're here, tell me again how much you sold your unusual for again?

Proven

Obsessed said:
This all happens on the GAF server too. Not as frequently, but it happens.

Also one thing that royally pisses me off. POCKET FUCKING MEDICS that ignore any advice you give them. I asked the fellow medic to heal me 8 times and he just ignored me and continued to pocket a heavy. Even worse when they aren't pocket medics but they just refuse to heal fellow medics. Do they think my healing factor is that powerful?

Worse are morons that I am healing that take health packs from me... A scout I was healing had 116 hp and grabbed the health pack while I was on fire with 20 hp left....

Even worse than that are demomen/soldiers who when you uber them, PLAY LIKE THEY ARE AT 10 HP and run away, or stay in a corner and try to shoot and retreat.

This is one of the reasons I like the Kritz. Never forget that the taunt gives you back 10hp. It's a lifesaver at times.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Baha, I know you're here, tell me again how much you sold your unusual for again?

I think he sold it for $125. He's been bragging about it for awhile now in the steamgaf chat.

(Not really, but he told those of us in there.)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Proven said:
This is one of the reasons I like the Kritz. Never forget that the taunt gives you back 10hp. It's a lifesaver at times.
Ehhh I think that's only saved me once or twice.

Speaking of which, let's get GAF started before ol man Yeef gets in here

Sianos

The GAF server always fills up when I'm at practice. :(

Either way, with this idling I'll be hitting my 250th hour: I hope I get a paint/tag/hat drop to mark the occasion.

Forkball

Random stuff:

vladhattextured.jpg

heeeerespyro.jpg

jq2tc2.png

vkjwed.png

HizmS.png

counts_cape09.jpg

concepts1.png

olalads.png

sub_shotgun.png

bow_test4-1.jpg

Proven

Kuro Madoushi said:

1. Watching MLG, so I'll be on later.
2. What's the IP for EuroGAF? My ping to most Euro servers is around 100, so I could pop in here and there.
3. When not using the Blut, the base 3HP per second means that afterburn tends to do 20 damage over the 10 seconds. Two taunts and you're safe.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kuro Madoushi said:

But it's MLG weekend!

And I just bought that fancy deus ex game mmmmmm.

Acerac

Banned
Obsessed said:
Playing Spy on a Valve server (especially Saharan Spy) definitely should be recognized as a form of therapy, or stress relief.

3 engineers on Blu team's last point? Stab. Stab. Stab. Sap. Sap. Sap. WEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE.
There's a reason why my spy has gotten nearly 5 times the kills as any other class with the unusual weapons. I've been taking a break on it lately though.
Dreams-Visions said:
Those servers...I refuse to play Medic on any of them anymore. People do the dumbest shit when they have a Medic in tow.

Being healed? ---> Rush into the MIDDLE of a massive firefight.

Uber charge @ 90%? --> Rush into the MIDDLE of a massive firefight.

Being healed? --> Rocket/Sticky jump where I can't go...leaving me to fend for myself in retreat.

It's like the digital of liquid courage. Instead of people remaining conservative and making sure they don't die, they decide to ride the shit until the wheels fall off to get that one last kill. And trust me, the wheels almost always fall off, leaving me to fend for my fucking self. I'm a good shot with that Blutslauger, but I shouldn't be in the position in the first fucking place.

And let's not even get started on how people seem to forget that the Medic is defenseless when he's healing. How about you dummies think about shooting the pyro before he gets to me? maybe turning around every once in a fucking while to make sure a Spy isn't bearing down on me?

If I counted the number of times I died just before I could uber because the guy I was healing decided to press his luck and rush heavy encampments, I'd be even more irritated.

/vent
So damn true. I can't play Medic on Valve servers, but after a week or two of playing the class on JankyGAF I think it is my favorite class.

Acerac

Banned
Weenerz said:
Just know that we do not censor ourselves, you will probably be offended by something.
Just keep the mute button handy until you're as drunk as everyone else. By that point you won't need it.

Sidenote, did the server just crash?

Those were some good games, guys. I felt like my Demo training had been paying off tonight. Changing the viewmodel to 80 (or was it 90?) FOV feels like it's helping, too.

I'll give the GAF steam chat a shot later on.

Acerac

Banned
All these people talking about the new Deus Ex makes me think I really need to get on playing the original.

Damn you summer Steam Sale giving me every goty for the last decade for 5 bucks apiece! My backlog is too big!

Acerac said:
All these people talking about the new Deus Ex makes me think I really need to get on playing the original.

Damn you summer Steam Sale giving me every goty for the last decade for 5 bucks apiece! My backlog is too big!
If you're going to play it, use the new vision mod. Also, the gunplay sucks. Stick with the prod, prod with the prod.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Acerac said:

Off topic but I've gotten half way through the original 2 times only to lose my saves both times. I've realized that god doesn't want me to finish Deus Ex 1.

Acerac

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
If you're going to play it, use the new vision mod. Also, the gunplay sucks. Stick with the prod, prod with the prod.
Remind me once I finish Fallout: New Vegas, Half life 2, Arkham Asylum, Vampire, The Masquerade, Assassin's Creed 2, and the other billion games I need to catch up on.

Damn you Steam, why do you offer so many awesome deals?
Drkirby said:
Gaf server seems to be down :/
Let this be a lesson to never vote for Mann Manor.

Question for those who know more about then game than I do, when I was new I remember playing a fun push CP map whose first two points were extremely similar to Mann Manor but I can't figure out which map it was for the life of me. Anyone have any ideas which map it could have been?

Acerac said:
Remind me once I finish Fallout: New Vegas, Half life 2, Arkham Asylum, Vampire, The Masquerade, Assassin's Creed 2, and the other billion games I need to catch up on.
Do Deus Ex first and Vampire next. Then Half-Life with episodes later or Batman; leave the long games like Fallout for last, especially since Fallout still has DLC to come out. Cut Team Fortress for a while, that's what I did to finish a fuckton of games.

Acerac

Banned
XeroSauce said:
Good times all around, but the server's always more fun when full.
So true.

Hell yeah, I got n0b's and Java's award today! Let's see who else's awards I can jank tomorrow!

Sgt.Pepper said:
It is 2:00 AM bro. People are probably drunk in some club or party.
Or playing Deus Ex.
The server was nearly full every round til it crashed.

Complex Shadow said:
man i wish i was doing all those things at 2 am.
Drunk in a club or party playing Deus Ex? Must be awesome.

Acerac said:
The server was nearly full every round til it crashed.
Every night people leave at midnight, especially on a Friday night/Saturday morning.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at the server stats, the Mantreads have only ever gotten 14 kills on the server.

Only one person has ever been killed with a Solider Taunt, which is tied with the number of people killed with reflected sticky bombs. There have been 2 reflected flare kills so far, and 17 reflected arrows. 447 have been killed with Reflected Rockets, 26 with Mangler Rockets.

The scout Pistol and the Engineer Pistol are the #55 and #56 most deadly weapons on the server.

The Family Bussiness has the least number of kills for any gun.

Only 12 people have been killed by Home Wreckers, there are no recorded Maul Kills.

The level 2 sentry is the least deadly, the mini-sentry is second most.

The Liberty Launcher already has the 4th most kills on the server, while the Black Box is down to 19, likely to be passed by soon by the Original, at 21. Which is an interesting trend, since the Black Box for a while was by far the most popular Rocket Launcher on the server. Cow Mangler is at 29, Dirrect hit 32.

There is only a 200 kill gap between Postal Pummeler, and normal Axtinguisher.

The Fan O' War has the least kills for any weapon, 5.

The World is the #12 most deadly "weapon" on the server.

Engineers using their own Teleporters accounts for 50% of their use on our server.

Top Bottom